Who here believes in UFOs, Abductions and/or Extraterrestrial life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quellish said:
sublight said:
I am with Michel Van on the Belgian UFO wave. I blame you forum members out there for not digging hard enough. Its some recon craft that you guys haven't sniffed out yet.....

...because there are many things to observe.... in Belgium.
Obviously I am talking about digging elsewhere.... :)

sublight said:
quellish said:
sublight said:
I am with Michel Van on the Belgian UFO wave. I blame you forum members out there for not digging hard enough. Its some recon craft that you guys haven't sniffed out yet.....

Obviously I am talking about digging elsewhere.... :)

There's a lot of digging (litterally) been done already. ::)

The UFO-wave over the Ardennes a decade or more ago remains -at least to me - one of the biggest aerial mysteries of the country. Radar images taken by the Airforce (F-16's were sent up to intercept) still remain classified I believe. (sorry no flying saucers; it were triangles).
Any sustainable knowledge/info about those events would be welcome...

I don't think that the "alien abduction" phenomenon can be chalked up merely to the fabrications of a small group of people. Most of the "abductees" are likely recalling events that they genuinely believe to be true. Scientifically, there's no verifiable way to attribute the "visitor phenomenon" to physical visitation by extraterrestrials. Many explanations are valid, but perhaps the most likely of all is that "the visitors" are something that some, if not all, of humanity is subconsciously "wired" to believe in. Brad Steiger has written extensively about the parallels between modern stories of "alien abduction" and old folk-tales about elves, dwarfs and other "little men." I firmly suspect that the "abduction phenomena" is a new twist on old superstition.

CFE said:
I don't think that the "alien abduction" phenomenon can be chalked up merely to the fabrications of a small group of people. Most of the "abductees" are likely recalling events that they genuinely believe to be true. Scientifically, there's no verifiable way to attribute the "visitor phenomenon" to physical visitation by extraterrestrials. Many explanations are valid, but perhaps the most likely of all is that "the visitors" are something that some, if not all, of humanity is subconsciously "wired" to believe in. Brad Steiger has written extensively about the parallels between modern stories of "alien abduction" and old folk-tales about elves, dwarfs and other "little men." I firmly suspect that the "abduction phenomena" is a new twist on old superstition.

Flip side is that people who were unaware of the true nature of these creatures did their best to explain them away - hence not knowing of 'aliens' they attributed them to other 'mystical' places such as fae realms and other such time bending environments. Look at how alien abduction and missing time mirrors the fairy realm - I for one say don't dismiss it so easily.

Panzerknacker said:
There are no coyotes in Argentina and psychological aberations, sleep paralysis cannot mutilate 2000 cows in a single year.

Yeah, however you have a number of native canid species all of which are omnivores and carrion eaters.
Funny thing about, foxes, dogs (wild and domestic), coyotes and wolves and how they all have similar dentition, leave similar
bite patterns and all start with eating the soft tasty bits?
Not to mention that bacteria, flys etc. all function in the same way everywhere?

Yeah alien makes so much more sense than scavenging predators, and ask yourself "Why would 'aliens' even bother experimenting on cows?"

quellish said:
sublight said:

ohh yes for moment the Belgium do not watch the sky
but at breakdown of Belgium infrastructure
like rotten gasline from 19 century on your Home
ALL streets have deep holes or cracks, if they not collaps and left a hole in size for a truck
or hit a UNKOWN gas pipline by digging on you new property
happen last year near Namur: 5 death and still nowone knows who belongs that Gas pipline (NATO?)

and economical collapse :
U.S GM shot down OPEL Belgium
French's CARREFOUR close 21 Hypermarkets
German SCHLECKER shut down there 56 Market's
and the rest start to run...

Wat has that to do with ET and UFO ?
i ask my self with condition in Belgium
will aliens have same problems on there Planets ?

CFE said:
but perhaps the most likely of all is that "the visitors" are something that some, if not all, of humanity is subconsciously "wired" to believe in.

Probably not "wired to believe in," but "similarly wired to hallucinate in the same way." OIn controlled lab experiments, subjects undergoing various stresses, especially when under the influence of sleep paralysis, being suddenly awakened from deep sleep, the brain being electrozapulated with strong magntic fields (which can emulate certain brain disfunctions), and so on, report similar feelings of "alien presence," weightlessness, paranoia, etc. Not long ago I read a study which suggested that the *new* stereotypical big-eyed "gray" alien is very similar to how the unformed infant brain and underdeveloped eye sees other humans, so the thinking was that when the mind goes goofy, vague memories of those early images come back. I dunno about that... but it makes far more sense than the notion that aliens are daily kidnapping tens of thousands of Americans (screw the rest of y'all, they want *us*), torturing them, perform a piss-poor memory wipe, and then return them.

I have never understood why the aliens, after having travelled through the galaxy, always land in the US desert states, rigorously by night. Nevada, Utah, Arizona, etc. etc.

If they really want to establish a contact, why don't they land in Piccadilly Circus at midday, in Times Square on saturday night, or in the Vatican during a speech of the Pope?

Orionblamblam said:
Yes, psychological aberations, sleep paralysis and coyotes are extraordinary forces.

And an excellent book which delves into those (and other) subjects is "The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan. Well worth a look.

Lauge said:
I seem to see far too many researchers and scientists talking about "life", when what they mean is "life as we know it here on Earth". Instead of looking at a planet like, say, Venus and concluding that it could never host life, might it not be more interesting and potentially rewarding to look at it and ask "If there is life there, what might it be like?".

The thing is, scientists are by their nature inquisitive, though their musings are bounded by natural skepticism. You can bet that they have, do, and will continue to speculate.

For proof just take a look at the first three hits on a Google Scholar search: life on Venus

* Life on Venus, CS Cockell - Planetary and Space Science, 1999.

* Reassessing the possibility of life on Venus: proposal for an astrobiology mission, D Schulze-Makuch, LN Irwin - Astrobiology, 2002.

* Vegetative life on Venus? Or investigations with algae which grow under pure CO2 in hot acid media at elevated pressures ,J Seckbach, WF Libby - Origins of Life and Evolution of Biospheres, 1970.

Farloccus said:
I have never understood why the aliens, after having travelled through the galaxy, always land in the US desert states, rigorously by night. Nevada, Utah, Arizona, etc. etc.

The simple answer is a lack of witnesses. Or to be more explicit: when someone is drunk/stoned/crazy/delusional enough to think they're seeing flying saucers and little green men, their believability goes way down when they are in the middle of a large town and nobody else sees it. But when they're out at the intersection of No and Where, there's nobody else to say that what they claim they saw, nobody else saw.

I think UFO's are part of a larger conspiracy to keep socially challenged young men from getting out in the world and meeting women. ;D

Attachments

• amc0650l.jpg
    amc0650l.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 29
airman said:
Extraterrestrial life? There are
Ufo ? There are but could be been terrestrial X-planes
I have more doubts about Ufo like Extraterrestrial machines and about Abductions !
So could be interesting be abducted by extraterrestrial girl !!! ;D ;D

Humanoid form is the result of hazard and millions of random mutations.
The reason why the Hollywood ETs are humanoid is economic…. a guy disguised with a rubber head.
Actors wish to show their faces to increase their popularity and for that reason the aliens in the TV series Stargate are almost human.
In real life ET may have any shape except that of a pretty girl.
Gestalt organisms, smart clouds, natural computers integrated by metallic particles in a magnetic field, flying plants, organic film on water, metallic skeleton creatures, giant sponges, planetary wide fungus, energy balls, solar parabolas, insect evolved in low gravity, organisms made of neutron matter, alive comets, wave vortices, thinking glasses and six meters long caterpillars…….of the female sex, of course!
:D

No, but the psychologically aberant *could* mutilate cows, and the psychologically aberant could easily see a perfectly normal dead cow that has been gnawed upon by bugs and other critters as being a Sign From Above.

Aliens and the supernatural *might* exist on Earth. But the crazy and the credulous *do* exist on Earth, in vast abundance.

If someone wants to prove the existence of aliens, they need to do better than showng the existence of the merely unusual.

This topic should be renamed to "If you belive in the supernatunal post here stupid and we will convince you otherwise" :D :D

Now seriously I dont know if you really read my post but I didnt mention any alien, not even an illegal alien, the cases of cow and cattle mutilation wich affected our country in 2002 and 2009 were too many and too vastly extended to be explained simply by a bunch of crazy people travelling the country doing some precision cuts, for example there were cases reported in the same day in locations separated more than 1500 km, I say before really complicated to explain. I dont know what it is, I am ignorant however I think my ignorance could be intelligence of not trying to force a reply wich has a lot of chances of being incorrect.

Yeah, however you have a number of native canid species all of which are omnivores and carrion eaters.
Funny thing about, foxes, dogs (wild and domestic), coyotes and wolves and how they all have similar dentition, leave similar
bite patterns and all start with eating the soft tasty bits?
Not to mention that bacteria, flys etc. all function in the same way everywhere?

Yeah alien makes so much more sense than scavenging predators, and ask yourself "Why would 'aliens' even bother experimenting on cows?"

Did I say aliens ? ::) If you can quote me writing the word aliens I will be enourmously preciated. ::)

I am small game hunter so I now a bit about foxes and they does not attack such a large animal as an cow. The only native animal powerful enough to kill and 300 kilos cow is the puma/cougar wich are plenty in the entire argentine territory, the puma kills mostly attacking the troath causing a lot of desangration, that does not match with the wounds/mutilations found, the same goes for a dog attack wich usually left very untidy, dirty wounds ( by the way in here there are strayed dogs not wild ones)

Discussing belief gets us into trouble every time. No true believer will be swayed by rational argument any more than non-believers will be persuaded by personal anecdotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.