lucamax

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.res-aeronautica.com
Hi, I'm looking for the drawings of the Vultee V-12, an attack aircraft of 1939. I searched in the web but I didn't found anything.. Do you have something to share? Thanks a lot in advice :)

Can't help with the drawings I'm afraid, though there are a nice set of photos + a cutaway here.

Regards,

Greg

Only one drawing here... but I'm pretty sure we can find some more material in an old issue of Le Fanatique de l'Aviation.

Attachments

• aff-93.jpg
    aff-93.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 85
Is this what you are looking for.

Attachments

• Vultee V-12.jpg
    Vultee V-12.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 108
Actually, a bit more searching found this (I also came across the cutaway shown above)

Regards,

Greg

Attachments

• 38-2.gif
    38-2.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 101
John, you have completely mixed up the V-12 of 1939 and the V-72 Vengeance of 1941!!!

Would ben nice to find also a 3-view :)

Well.........

According to 'Those Versatile Vultees', Air Enthusiast July 1972, pp. 27-32, and 38-42,
(incidentally, this where both the side view and the cutaway above seem to come from,)

"The prototype...V-12...the airframe remaining essentially that of the V-11...
The long transparent enclosure over the cockpits was refined..."

and also :-

"The V-11 employed the same wing as the V-1A transport, and essentially similar tail surfaces"

...so here's a three view of the Vultee V-1A.
Together with the photographs, (link also posted above) this should be at least a starting point...

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• vultee v-1 3-view.png
    vultee v-1 3-view.png
    127 KB · Views: 91
Dear Moderator,

I think this thread must transfer to Aviation & Space section.

Is it merely 'convergent evolution' that these Vultee variants appear very similar to the later Avenger torpedo / bomber ??