• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Various pre-war Soviet projects

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Thank you my dear Granit,

please Moderator,you can transfer it to a proper section.

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Reaction score
Hi!
http://lib.rus.ec/b/205720/read

hesham

Reaction score
From Kryl'ya 2008,here is a BOK-15 cutaway.

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
hesham said:
I think we spoke about this aircraft before,but here ?.
Супер бомбовозы Сталина
Vakhmistrov preliminary project "Aviamatka" - flying aircraft carrier (first half of 1930)
Here it's in a good view,Авиация и космонавтика 2017-04

Attachments

steelpillow

So many projects, so little time...
Reaction score
Website
www.steelpillow.com
I am trying to trace any DH.88 Comet inspiration or otherwise for the Aviatourist. Sources posted here previously include:

Skyblazer said:
hesham said:
I repeat sending the main part to can read.

Gunston (The Osprey Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft) seems to contradict the Russian-language sources in several respects:

He says it was a racer, a Russian that it was for air communication.

He says it had a "D. H. Comet configufation", a Russian that it was not a taildragger (as the Comet was) but had a tricycle undercarriage.

He also describes it as a "Smaller edition of Stal-11", though it was a tricycle twin where the Stahl-11 was single-engined taildragger. And the Stahl-11 resembles a Comet no more than does any other conventional low-wing monoplane.

Can one trust any of these sources over any others?

Also, what is the encyclopaedia entry before Pashinin? Is it the OOS?

hesham

Reaction score
Mr. P.A. Ivensen designed and built a single seat parasol wing monoplane of 1929,
powered by one 30 hp Bristol Cherub engine.
This designer made many sailplanes,such as I-3 of 1929 and I-6 of 1937,what was this aircraft, I-2 or I-4 ?.

Cy-27

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
My notes state that the I-4 was a 1931 performance sailplane derived from the I-3 with the same wing with a more streamlined fuselage and of an oval cross-section. It was flight tested in the winter of 1931-32 and was crashed on its first flight piloted by L.V.Koslov. It was built in Smolensk at GAZ No.35.

Original Source: Soviet Gliders by U. Resov (Moscow Mashinostroen)

hesham

Reaction score
From L+K 2/1974,

here is a small Info about Stal-1,was experimental Project,maybe a little transport aircraft ?.

Attachments

Aubi

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.valka.cz
There's literally just one sentence claiming that there was experimental project called STAL-1...
Slightly more info in Soviet Aircraft and Aviation 1917-1941: Stal-1 was allegedly experimental ultralight project.

serval_08

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score

hesham

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Serval,

and it was not a book,but it was a Le Fana magazine,I will check from its number,give me some time.

Iron Felix

Reaction score
The "MI-13" is described as heavy fighter / attack version of the SB (ANT-40), armed with one 25-mm (?? - Such a caliber never existed in the Soviet Union...) nose cannon and two movable machine guns. I think they meant the DI-8 (ANT-46), but described it under the wrong name and placed not very correct picture of it
25 mm is caliber of 72-K - one of most used soviet AA gun in WW2. Degtyarev worked in 1929-1933 at 25 mm autocannons, with new cartridge:
25-mm-avtomat-Degtyareva-obrazets-2-4-1932-goda-s-zhestkoj-obojmoj..jpg
Opytnyj-25-mm-avtomat-Degtyareva-s-korobchatym-magazinom..jpg
Also, created high-velocity LPP-25 AT gun, and two (or more) recoiless cannons.
I haven't data about early Soviet 25 mm cartridges.
Project of SB with 25 mm ADZP gun (Automatic double-bolt cannon) - very weird weapon, two barrels, and crazy loading system - special box-cassets (Rus. "короб-кассета"), with pushing out to horizontal conveyor, where cartridges take by revolving cilinders and load to barrels. System work on electric motor. Box-cassets were under and over the conveyor. Used cases taked to backside of bomb bay.
2.jpg
Also, worked at montage of five ShVAK 20 mm cannons:
5.jpg

Iron Felix

Reaction score
Other 25 mm gun for SB and DB-3 - AKDP (i don't know, what is this)
AKDP gun.jpg
3 and 5 - bolts, 4 - crankshaft, 8 and 10 - gas-operated mechanism, "Подача реактивного патрона" (top left) - load of jet cartridge, "Окно для выкидывания гильзы реактивного патрона" (bottom left) - extraction of case of jet cartridge, "Подача боевого патрона" (bottom right) - load of action cartridge, "Окно для выкидывания гильзы боевого патрона" - extraction of case of action cartridge. Ballistic - 245 g (3781 gr), 1000 mps (3280 fps), energy 122.5 kiloJoules. Tests - November 1935.
Also, projected analogical 76.2 mm (3 inch) gun.

Attachments

Vasily41

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
I do believe that is a recoilless 25mm gun judging the fact that there is a nozzle at the rear of the gun and also the "jet cartridge".

Aubi

Reaction score
Website
www.valka.cz
It is described as avtomaticheskaya dvukhkamernaya puchka, automatic two-chambered cannon. So recoilless with two chambers, both connected with some pulls and rotating inside the gun, loaded and discharged at the same time. Avtomaticheskaya dvukhkamernaya puchka (ADKP) is closest to the meaning of AKDP I got.