Utilicraft FF5000 Cargo Aircraft

ChuckAnderson

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I found a pretty nice cargo aircraft design, called the Utilicraft FF5000. The aircraft was formerly called the American Utilicraft FF-1080-300. (I think that American Utilicraft recently changed their name to just Utilicraft.)

I think its still an unbuilt project, though they might be constructing a prototype.

The manufacturer has some nice information (illustrations, photos and text), and I thought it would be nice to post it here, but I wasn't sure about copyright, etc.

I know that I'd like to do some aircraft profiles on this aircraft and put it in the What-If site. (It might make a nice med-evac aircraft!)

Does anyone else here have any further information on the FF5000, (aside from the info released by the company?)
Thanks!!

Chuck Anderson

Chuck,

I suggested that aircraft as a gunship/surveillance platform over on the What If forum back when they were still calling it the FF-1080. Their old website had all kinds of speculative images, showing the aircraft in a variety of different roles. It's a neat idea, but after all these years, I don't think they've built even a prototype.

Jschmus said:
... I don't think they've built even a prototype.

Doesn't sound like it...

In July 2008, MK Airlines is said to have taken out an LOI for 10 FF5000s with an option on 5 more. Odd choice for an operator of B747-200s and DC-8-62s.

Work on the prototype was underway in July -- " planned completion of the FF5000 Prototype Aircraft is in the spring of 2009". Revise tooling had been received in early Feb 2008 with existing complete components being incorporated into the revised prototype later in that month.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Utilicraft-Aerospace-Inc-818403.html
http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/industrials/mk-airlines-european-launch-customer-ff-freight-feeder-aircraft/

Good Day All -

Speaking of reviving an old thread....

Over at Mid-America Airport in Illinois, I came across these two models of the Utilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Freight Feeder and the military version called UT-1080. Looks like a Dornier 228 on steroids!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Model - 1.jpg
    zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Model - 1.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 78
  • zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Model - 2.jpg
    zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Model - 2.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 83
  • zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Model - 3.jpg
    zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries FF-1080-300 Model - 3.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 76
  • zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries UT-1080 Model - 1.jpg
    zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries UT-1080 Model - 1.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 81
  • zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries UT-1080 Model - 2.jpg
    zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries UT-1080 Model - 2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 76
  • zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries UT-1080 Model - 3.jpg
    zUtilicraft Aerospace Industries UT-1080 Model - 3.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 66
Thanks for sharing, Mark!
The portboard sliding door and fuselage, consisted of flat panels, reminds me the traditional US ice-cream vans.
Do you have pictures, depicting rear part of fuselage?