US UAV and UCAV Technology

This is Ader design.... Nothing new here unless another bunch of worthless students trying to impress the illiterates

model-this-was-french-aviation-pioneer-clement-aders-first-flying-picture-id90744619

General Dynamics General Atomics is heavily marketing the MQ-9 for great-power bumper cars in the Pacific littorals. I wonder if that has anything to do with the Taiwanese sale.

Last edited:
I don’t know enough about US politics to know the answer on this, but if there is a change of president to Biden will these sales go out the window?

SAN DIEGO – 07 January 2020 – General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) completed the first Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) High Frequency (HF) Command and Control (C2) demonstration for an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS). The HF C2 capability does not require a Satellite Communications (SATCOM) link and is capable of providing BLOS connectivity up to 8,000 miles, depending on transmit power and link geometry.

Attachments

• self-protection-pod-1070x590.jpg
    self-protection-pod-1070x590.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 19

"U.S. company Lockheed Martin has tested the anti-drone system MoRFIUS (Mobile Radio Frequency-Integrated Unmanned Aircraft System Suppressor). The radio-frequency suppression system successfully detected and disabled the training target, Lockheed Martin news agency reported. The new system is designed to protect expeditionary forces from drone swarms. MoRFIUS is a powerful ultra-high-frequency UAV interceptor. Using microwaves, the system can knock down several targets in no time. In the video, MoRFIUS flew next to a training target that at the same time failed under the influence of microwaves."

S
"Speed Racer", huh? I wonder if it is by any chance a WIG design or something even more exotic?

Multiple engines of small diameters, perhaps then a vtol concept?
The WiG idea could make sense with a prop on the back and micro turbines in front.
(but won't that be the Speed Roaster? ;) )

Last edited:
"Speed Racer", huh? I wonder if it is by any chance a WIG design or something even more exotic?
Per the article, the production seems more about testing the speed of the engineering tools in a new UAV then producing a UAV to fulfill a specific role.

What type Speed Racer could be ? it seem to have very little engine, taking the way more for a missile size UAV

So this looks like an effort to develop a low cost cruise missile where the development software and process is as much the demonstration as the final product's performance. That sounds a lot like NGAD's demonstrator - demonstrating the development process speed, not focusing on product performance. I'm skeptical, but the progress of the B-21 in this regard bodes well for these time and cost cutting modes of design.

Is there any statement, from anyone in the USAF, that would lead one to believe that NGAD demonstrator was not focusing on product performance? One would think that any demonstrator would be focused at retiring major areas of risk associated with the overall vision. Sure, a new design and production process may be one such thing, but it likely wouldn't be the only thing they would have liked to focus on.

@Josh_TN :
Wait wait.
There is no lifting body effect
There is a lower keel
The Wing sweep angle is acute.

This design smells speed all over it (low alpha cruise, fairly small governs, axis symmetrical body (or somewhat), high sweep). This is not our usual subsonic suspect.