US Re-Entry Vehicle Models

Mark Nankivil

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All -

Any ideas what program this represents?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mark-II-Re-Entry-Vehicle-Factory-MODEL-POSTER_W0QQitemZ150427635154QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23062f8dd2

Seller's description:

A lot of three original vintage circa 1950's rocket age items all from the same source. First is a factory desk model of a rocket or re entry vehicle with a lucite base. The decals on the sides read "U S Air Force" and "United States" and on the top "MARK II A". It's about 8 1/2" in length and appears to be painted wood. The name "H.P. Reed" is printed on the edge of the base. Second is a colorful poster showing three missiles or rockets blasting through the atmosphere. The caption reads "Titan (Mark 4) - Minuteman (Mark 5) - Atlas (Mark 4) -- Re-Entry Vehicles by AVCO - Defense and Industrial Products Group". It measures approximately 19" by 24". It was rolled up for many years (those are small weights holding it open in the attached image) and I will ship it rolled up. Third is a high tech fragment measuring approximately 4" by 10" of what appears to be layered plastic, aluminum and two types of brown wood like composition material. Since I found it in the same box as the other two items (I purchased the three items at an estate sale about 15 years ago) I'm guessing that it's a sample fragment of the vehicle's shell. But that's just a guess. The model is in excellent condition showing light wear to the base and the lettering on the base. The poster is slightly soiled on the margins and has a large spot in the right margin and numerous small spots on the margins (most if not all of which would be hidden when it is matted and framed). The shell fragment is in very good condition showing slight wear. US buyer to pay $12 for priority mail shipment with delivery confirmation. International buyer to pay the actual cost of express mail shipment with full insurance and full declared value. I no longer ship to Italy. No reserve. ---- Please note: all items guaranteed as represented or your money back upon return. I do not have a "buy it now" price for this or any other item so please don't ask. If you do ask I will not respond. I will only ship this item to a U.S. destination. Massachusetts buyers to pay Mass. sales tax unless a valid tax number is provided. Thanks!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Previously seen on eBay...

Attachments

• AVCO Warheads 1.jpg
    AVCO Warheads 1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 43
  • AVCO Warheads 2.jpg
    AVCO Warheads 2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Warheads a 04.jpg
    Warheads a 04.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 37