US Bomber Projects Preview NOW AVAILABLE

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
http://www.up-ship.com/Book/preview.htm

I have released a "Preview" of the US Bomber Projects book as a downloadable PDF file. This 39 page work contains information, drawings and all-new artwork on 15 designs ranging from WWII to today.

This 39-page preview contains information and artwork on fifteen distinct bomber designs. These are:

Submarine-launched "Project Pluto" (small nuclear ramjet vehicle)
Douglas Model 1064 flying wing (strategic bomber)
Douglas Model 1186A multi-stage aircraft (X-3-derived bomber)
The "NASA logo bomber" (the source of the "swoop")
12-meter Orion Nuclear Pulse Vehicle (cis-lunar doomsday weapon)
Orbital Sciences X-42 (modern "reusable ICBM" first stage)
Boeing Model 448 (early stage in B-47 development)
Douglas MX-2091 (subsonic small missile carrier)
Martin Model 329 C-1 (supersonic seaplane)
Convair WS-110A Two-Stage Aircraft (subsonic tow plane, Mach 3 bomber)
Lockheed NEPA (early giant nuclear-powered design)
North American D436-21 (early AMSA/ B-1 design)
Boeing Model 813 (two stage hypersonic cruise bomber)
Lockheed CL-292-6 (nuclear-powered missile carrier/airborne DEW line/aircraft carrier)
Northrop Quiet Supersonic Platform (low sonic boom strike plane)

Included in this Preview are works of art from myself (line drawings), Matej Furda (color reconstructions), J. P. Santiago (color reconstructions) and Damon Moran (cutaway drawing). This is all art commissioned especially for US Bomber Projects.

previewart1.jpg
previewart2.jpg
previewart3.jpg
previewart4.jpg

The Preview is available as a downloadable PDF file for the low and no-postage-needed price of $8.00, payable via PayPal. I don't yet have the PayPal "shopping cart" set up yet, so if you would like a copy of the preview and you have a PayPal account, simply go to PayPal, sign in, and "Send Money." Send $8.00 in US Dollars to
apr-pp@ix.netcom.com
for "goods." Make sure to include "preview" and your email address in the "message to recipient." I will then e-mail you a link, where you can download the Preview. I will change the link address randomly every day or so, so if you try to download it and it's not there... send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the new link. The Preview is about 2 megabytes.

Me too... ;D
And, SPeaking (I presume) for all the Secret Projects community, I wish you a COLOSSAL success with this preview! (not the least because we want to see the DEFINITIVE book "vite vite" !)

"4 business days to transfer money from account. . ." in the words of Cartman "DAMN IT!!!"

Well, to say impressive would be an understatement. I'd say that this is the way every secret projects or "paper planes", as the old UK magazines said, work ought to be done!

Scott,

I agree with Skybolt.

I keep my APR collection (I have the full run) as a treasure. Every dollar spent in your publications it's well invested. That US Bombers preview it's even better than APR because of the addition of that beautiful artwork. I can't ask for anything more from beyond this.

My only suggestion is : please give us more publications. Marvelous books on Soviet/Russian, German, French and British aerospace industry are already published, but there no monumental works available on US unbuilt projects. Your US Bombers is now capital to understand the history of US Aerospace. And please don't stop on bombers. ;)

Good luck with the sales

I got a preview copy from Scott to make sure my art came out just fine and let me tell you what's stored in the preview is a MASSIVE BANG FOR THE BUCK. The price is paltry for the treasures contained within and it was my distinct pleasure to contribute art work for Scott's opus.

Order up. Now. NOW!!!!!

Hi Scott,

Payment done this morning via Paypal.

Furthermore, I would like to see the release of the "Aerospace Preview" issues again (I've missed many issues !) eventually via PDF.

I wait for the Bomber projects issue (I'd like to see the Orion bomber project - and a kit version of this design in the future in 1/72).

Cheers,

XB-35

overscan said:
Scott, I would put a post on abovetopsecrets forum too.

I'm not real popular over there. I had some fun at the expense of some of their whackadoodles over the Aurora spyplane... ;D

Doesn't mean that nobody *else* couldn't post something... :p

Mirror for the Slovak and Czech speaking readers:

http://www.hitechweb.genezis.eu/USBPpreview.htm

Even I was surprised about the curiosity of the projects, contained in the preview. You have the unique and never published information researched and described in the way, that can be exemplary for other publishers.

Orionblamblam said:
I'm not real popular over there. I had some fun at the expense of some of their whackadoodles over the Aurora spyplane... ;D

*LOL* ;D! Does that mean you sometimes enjoy mud-wrestling with pigs ;)?!

[Note to others who don't know the abovetopsecret.com forums: If your brain comes with a bullshit-meter, you should switch it off before visiting ATS. Otherwise, you might not even get past the ATS home page ;D]

Matej said:
You have the unique and never published information researched and described in the way, that can be exemplary for other publishers.

Actually, I've discussed the "source grading" idea with Dennis Jenkins. Some discussion of trying to start some sort of "standard" for that sort of thing.

In a sense, thats what I like about including original drawings, no matter how poor; at least you know that what you are looking at is *real* and not another artist's interpretation. Same with artist's impressions and models; theres a big difference between something by the original manufacturer and something built or drawn by someone else, no matter how accurate they are trying to be; one is a primary source, the other a secondary source.

overscan said:
In a sense, thats what I like about including original drawings, no matter how poor

In general, agreed. However... some drawings are in such poor shape that they *have* to be redrawn. Plus, these companies are getting to where their legal departments will sue you silly for using their drawings. Put these two together, and re-drawing *everything* to a consistant standard starts to look like a pretty good idea.

I have one change request pertaining to future previews.

Please layout the drawings for aircraft that are so long the drawings need to be vertical such that the bottom of the aircraft is to the right of the page. This is due to the fact that some of us like to print them out and put them in a binder and it's just nice to have the bottom of the plane towards the outside edge. I realize this is layed out for a book format, just saying. ;)

BTW, the added artwork is excellent (Making this new form of APR that much better). Great work guys!

It worth every cent Scott asked for it. Hope his expectations of amount of buyers will be met. Also, who don't try to sell it through eBay for example?

No, I was thinking of just selling using "buy it now" for the same amount as via the website; however its simply a way to reach other people than those on this forum.

Scott,

I have just sent 8 bucks more for lark's copy because he has no paypal account. Enjoy it lark! ;)

I'd just like to say that I don't want to see any of the material from the preview PDF appearing on the site. Anyone wanting information on these designs should purchase the preview, and help support Scott to do more research to complete the Bombers book.

If you purchase the PDF, do not share it with your friends. Encourage them to buy their own copy- its only $8.

I hope this is clear.

I was seriously thinking of making Scott Lowther Fund...

Yeah, there's always the possibility theres a currency weaker than the dollar out there. Someone pays you 8 rupees, they probably shouldn't get a copy ;D

I really like the early Douglas design. I notice there isn't any hint of the number of engines and their locations, except what we can determine by the inlet location, but I'm guessing they would be located at the trailing edge of the wing like the Vulcan bomber. Of course, that's what I thought of when I first saw it, the American Avro Vulcan, although it is slightly more wing and less fuselage than the Vulcan.

If anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, buy it and you'll see. :D

Ok, I'm a fanatic.. forgive me 8) . But what happened to the NA D436.21 frontal view ???

Thanks for this; even in preview, it's fascinating stuff.

And it's prompted a stray thought rooted in my late '60s - early '70s childhood; maybe those Gerry Anderson aircraft designs weren't so far-fetched at all... some of the concepts in the book are equally exotic.

How long does it usually take to respond to a payment? I paid Sunday & haven't heard from you yet. Thanks.

Orionblamblam said:
http://www.up-ship.com/Book/preview.htm

I have released a "Preview" of the US Bomber Projects book as a downloadable PDF file. This 39 page work contains information, drawings and all-new artwork on 15 designs ranging from WWII to today.

This 39-page preview contains information and artwork on fifteen distinct bomber designs. These are:

Submarine-launched "Project Pluto" (small nuclear ramjet vehicle)
Douglas Model 1064 flying wing (strategic bomber)
Douglas Model 1186A multi-stage aircraft (X-3-derived bomber)
The "NASA logo bomber" (the source of the "swoop")
12-meter Orion Nuclear Pulse Vehicle (cis-lunar doomsday weapon)
Orbital Sciences X-42 (modern "reusable ICBM" first stage)
Boeing Model 448 (early stage in B-47 development)
Douglas MX-2091 (subsonic small missile carrier)
Martin Model 329 C-1 (supersonic seaplane)
Convair WS-110A Two-Stage Aircraft (subsonic tow plane, Mach 3 bomber)
Lockheed NEPA (early giant nuclear-powered design)
North American D436-21 (early AMSA/ B-1 design)
Boeing Model 813 (two stage hypersonic cruise bomber)
Lockheed CL-292-6 (nuclear-powered missile carrier/airborne DEW line/aircraft carrier)
Northrop Quiet Supersonic Platform (low sonic boom strike plane)

Included in this Preview are works of art from myself (line drawings), Matej Furda (color reconstructions), J. P. Santiago (color reconstructions) and Damon Moran (cutaway drawing). This is all art commissioned especially for US Bomber Projects.

previewart1.jpg
previewart2.jpg
previewart3.jpg
previewart4.jpg

The Preview is available as a downloadable PDF file for the low and no-postage-needed price of $8.00, payable via PayPal. I don't yet have the PayPal "shopping cart" set up yet, so if you would like a copy of the preview and you have a PayPal account, simply go to PayPal, sign in, and "Send Money." Send $8.00 in US Dollars to
apr-pp@ix.netcom.com
for "goods." Make sure to include "preview" and your email address in the "message to recipient." I will then e-mail you a link, where you can download the Preview. I will change the link address randomly every day or so, so if you try to download it and it's not there... send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the new link. The Preview is about 2 megabytes.

frank said:
How long does it usually take to respond to a payment? I paid Sunday & haven't heard from you yet. Thanks.

Check your email. I just sent you the link. I guess I must've missed one... I appologize. Anyone else who orders... if you don't get a message back from me within 24 hours, let me know.

Got it yesterday, thanks.

Orionblamblam said:
frank said:

Check your email. I just sent you the link. I guess I must've missed one... I appologize. Anyone else who orders... if you don't get a message back from me within 24 hours, let me know.

The best I saw since the Lloyd S. Jones books long time ago
about American bombers ,fighters and Naval aircraft...