Uranus Orbiter and Probe

Mmm, what about Shakespeare for the orbiter? More innuendo aside, most of the moons in the planet's system is named after characters he created. And Le Verrier for the probe. It would also be a nice blend of art and science.

Last edited:
i afraid that this naming contest will get out of control !
see British Exploration vessel that do a contest, was named “Boaty McBoatface”

i mean that people will propose names like colonoscopy or even totally outrageously names.
Let hope NASA has last word in the matter...

i afraid that this naming contest will get out of control !
see British Exploration vessel that do a contest, was named “Boaty McBoatface”

i mean that people will propose names like colonoscopy or even totally outrageously names.
Let hope NASA has last word in the matter...

I think that will happen too Michel Van, let’s see what happens when the suggestions get sent and see NASAs response. After the Boaty McBoatface issue I will think that NASA will have learned from that and immediately bin the stupid reply’s.

Here's one; Fullfyllan, after the old English word for 'Fulfill'.

EDIT: If the probe was one that going to Jupiter or even Saturn, I would suggest Elizabeth R.

Mmm, what about Shakespeare for the orbiter? More innuendo aside, most of the moons in the planet's system is named after characters he created. And Le Verrier for the probe. It would also be a nice blend of art and science.
I really like that but some troll is going to suggest Marlowe.

Probus Proctorum. First NASA tracking station may located in Intercourse, PA butt NASA could get screwed over though, the Amish can be brutal, very anal regarding procedures. I heard initial planning for the mission was briefed in a document code named Preparation H?

Uranus: Time to Boldly Go​

Scientists say now is the time to unlock the secrets of Uranus and suggest a low-cost, low-risk way to do so.

That is a shame Flyaway, of all the planets that remain unexplored Uranus and Neptune deserve to have an orbiter mission especially Neptune with it's moon Triton. That has unanswered questions since the Voyager 2 flyby. I suppose that it can wait until the next round of funding for NASA.