This Bonkers Tri-Wing Jumbo Jet Concept Reduces Fuel Consumption by 70%

This sounds as optimistic as all these projects do, come reality the 'efficiency' does not get to the same level. Perhaps some reality from the claims masters would be in keeping with the new realities we face post covid. We are going to beat that but will be different people and societies.

Different? I see no evidence of that. Wall Street wants everything exactly back to the way it was in early March 2020. Unemployment at 4.6%, a lot of Initial Public Offerings. The average person wants the return of hair and nail salons and bars open to full capacity. And everything else open to full capacity. On 17 May, the New York subway system will return to 24 hour operation.

The article has a Popular Mechanics vibe about it, and you know how reliable they've always been about predicting the future.

There's a reason for putting fuel in the wings, and that is that it helps balance out some of the bending moment. Having gigantic fuel bladders sitting OVER MY HEAD would not make me feel at all happy about what might happen if one of them burst and subsequently caught fire.

Perhaps they can market it as the next B-52 type.