The WWII Guns of Mosfilm

Graham1973

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
16 December 2010
Messages
5,908
Reaction score
8,672
A posting on the WWII after WWII blog discussing all of the various vismod firearms created by Mosfilm using various WWII era firearms including a case of an STG-44 impersonating an M-16!

This is a look at real WWII guns portraying postwar guns, or, real postwar guns portraying firearms of WWII. Before I begin I want to acknowledge the author Vladimir Onkoy, who wrote on this topic for The Firearms Blog earlier this year and sparked my interest in this.

https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2026/09/18/wwii-guns-of-mosfilm/
 
Here is the other posting on these 'frankenguns' which appeared on a firearms related blog the author of the article in the OP mentions.

Recently, I wrote an article about my experience as a movie armorer/historical consultant. The response from TFB readers was great, so I decided to continue discussing guns in movies. And today, I want to look at some examples of gun props that were designed and manufactured specifically to imitate some other firearms.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/top-3-most-deceptive-movie-gun-props-44829697
 

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom