The Jetpack thread

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
Operational test of Jetpacks has resurfaced fuelled by Startups with no real market and a full trail of blazing innovation.

I think it's time we have a thread to discuss gently and keep each other updated on the subject.

Here is an illustration of a discutable experiment:
View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1317172531573424135

Years ago, I had to touch this particular subject and it came to me that a jetpack with air turbine above water is probably the worst mean of propulsion you could choose to propel an individual in that situation. Using a denser medium for propulsion would in theory also offers protective non-lethal means of defense (passive or active) as a lower fuel consumption and much greater range.

What would you think?

Last edited:
Elusive Jetpack man from LA captured (at least) on video:

First result from operational use of jet packs for boarding.

View attachment 687753
In don't see anything !

USS Ford off Portsmouth flying the White Ensign….

In case anyone is wondering why, it's routine to fly the host nation's flag as a courtesy flag while in their territorial waters.
You can see the US flag flying above it, though it looks like it's smaller than the White Ensign, which it shouldn't be.

Edit: Spoke too soon. USN ships are not to fly courtesy flags, but they do fly foreign ensigns while rendering honors. So that's probably what happened here.

Last edited: