the first twin boomer of the world!?

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I believe this is the first twin boomer of the world: the Trinks Monoplane of 1909. Not a project, but unique! Do you no an earlier?

Servus Maveric

Attachments

• Trinks Doppelrumpfflugzeug.jpg
    Trinks Doppelrumpfflugzeug.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 96
One Chanute glider has twin-tail-booms holding the tail, dated 1896. I saw the photograph (in flight) and comment/date on a wall at the Paris "Musée du Bourget". I may try to find it on the Web but I am not sure.
Anyway, thanks a lot for the Trinks that I ignored ;D

Handwritten notes/drawings I made visiting the museum (in 1991?):

Attachments

• r_Chanute.JPG
    r_Chanute.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 60
At http://chezpeps.free.fr/0/pre-1914/05-201_250-copy_paste_Breguet-Pre-1914-Aircraft-Challenge.html
I found more on your Trinks:
"Otto Trinks Doppelrumpfeindecker.
Presented at Johnnisthal in 1911 as the first bi-fuselage aircraft; its pusher prop between the two tail booms driven by a 50 hp Argus."
Thanks again... ;D

TWin-booms means TWo booms. The Wright Flyer had 6 beams holding the canard tail, not 2, but somehow you are right: the difference is small between twin-boomers and several-boomers, sharing the same principle to install a single propeller away from the nose, for instance.

Attachments

• flyer.JPG
    flyer.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
Maveric said:
the Trinks Monoplane of 1909
Tophe said:
"Otto Trinks Doppelrumpfeindecker.
Presented at Johnnisthal in 1911
Well, Johnnisthal is confirmed by Google being in Germany near Berlin, but the translation from German is uneasy (for Google and me):
- as a whole, Doppelrumpfeindecker is refused
- in 2 words, it is translated "double-hull suplies" ???
Is it "twin-boom monoplane"?
And where the 1909 year (instead of 1911) comes from?
Thanks.

Attachments

• tRANSLATE.JPG
    tRANSLATE.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 41
Apart of the questions above, I would like to show another earlier one: Ferber #6 glider of 1901 in France
see http://www.podniebni.zafriko.pl/str/samoloty_na_f

Attachments

• ferber6.JPG
    ferber6.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 56
Tophe said:

"Doppelrumpf" principally means twin-fuselage, but in the German language, we don't
have different terms for twin-boom and twin-fuselage.

Jemiba said:
Tophe said:

"Doppelrumpf" principally means twin-fuselage, but in the German language, we don't
have different terms for twin-boom and twin-fuselage.

Do you realize that this statement alone could be enough to turn Tophe completely mad?? ;D

Thanks a lot. Yes I am a little mad but Jens helped me nicely to find definitions for twin-boom/twin-fuselage, for my definition Web site http://cmeunier.chez-alice.fr/bipoutre.htm (in French, sorry) ;)

Stargazer2006 said:
Do you realize that this statement alone could be enough to turn Tophe completely mad?? ;D

Nah, it's just a reason, why there are quite few serious sources about aviation in German language,
a language, that not even can differentiate between twin-fuselage and twin-boom aircraft ! ;)