Taildog / SRAAM / ASRAAM family

Bugger....that means I need to change the Asraam history chart again....

I'll put the M270 detail over there as well...

Add in MBDA's proposed JFS-M missile for use in M270/HiMARS, and the UK's desire to increase its M270 holdings by 50-100% that came out today and it looks like its the platform to be involved in for the future, hardly surprising given its war winning success from GW1 onwards.

Seems like it might be time to start making a list of all the different guided weapons (proposed or realized) that can fit in the MLRS/HIMARS launcher. I think it's getting to be a long list. I know I'm missing some below:

GMLRS
ATACMS
PrSM
JFS-M (proposed)
LPS (proposed)
TSSAM (cancelled)

Bugger....that means I need to change the Asraam history chart again....

I'll put the M270 detail over there as well...

Add in MBDA's proposed JFS-M missile for use in M270/HiMARS, and the UK's desire to increase its M270 holdings by 50-100% that came out today and it looks like its the platform to be involved in for the future, hardly surprising given its war winning success from GW1 onwards.

Seems like it might be time to start making a list of all the different guided weapons (proposed or realized) that can fit in the MLRS/HIMARS launcher. I think it's getting to be a long list. I know I'm missing some below:

GMLRS
ATACMS
PrSM
JFS-M (proposed)
LPS (proposed)
TSSAM (cancelled)
Ground launched SDB

Not sure if there has been a proposal to add guidance to the AT2/Scatmin rockets. They've recently been in use in Ukraine. The ability to drop a rapid, highly accurately emplaced minefield from 70+ km away could be irresistible. I do wonder if the West's reticence around Cluster Munitions might disappear after this...it was morally right, but daft if the opposition are going to carry on using them. I always thought we should have retained them, but with the proviso that they were only to be used on an enemy that employed them themselves, I know thats a bit politically wishy washy but I don't think there was a good answer. Suspect there have been some targets that have required multiple GMLRS for coverage that a single, guided cluster warhead could have dealt with...

Last edited:
LPS compatible with Ceptor launchers.......oh yes please!!!!!
MOD’s “one platform, many weapons” objective.
Oh...oh ....oh!!!!

I think I need a lie down. ;)

That's just a little bit too much joined up thinking.....

It'll never catch on.

On the subject of joined up thinking I knocked this up when the concept first appeared in 2018 (when it was called Land Precision Indirect Fires) as the potential for the missile...thought I'd re-up...

1) - Spike NLOS replacement - Similar price, faster, much larger range (80km vs 25km) bigger warhead. UK built. No political issues around use/deployment/export (Israeli weapon...). Could be added as the image suggests as a module on Boxer. The offensive capability of Strike Brigades enhanced enormously very easily. Replaces the poor trailer mounted Spike NLOS system (that by all accounts isn't successful or suitable for peer-to-peer war).
2) - Anti-Armour Overwatch - A super Swingfire replacement. No MBT on earth could defend against a Mach 2/3 missile coming in near vertically, it wouldn't even need a warhead, KE alone would tear through a tanks top armour. A modern diving LOSAT. The speed of response, and range, would mean it could operate at much further range than Swingfire could and cover multiple units. Probably easiest to leave on Boxer and MAN chassis than add on to Ajax. Speed and angle of attack might make it immune to current or near term APS.
3) - F-35 Outer Pylon compatible - Brimstone 2/3 will never be integrated, but Asraam has (and Asraam CSP will). The combination of the Asraam form factor and Brimstone seeker (part of which is used on Spear which will be integrated) would allow a very straightforward integration to F-35. Very easily you give F-35B a cheaper, faster Spear capability but in 2 forms - Dual Mode and E/O. The Dual Mode would be very useful as a SEAD/DEAD weapon for pop up targets. The E/O capability is a new one to the F-35.
4) - Compatibility with Land Ceptor launchers. In a low air threat environment they could contribute to the battle.
5) - Compatibility with Sea Ceptor launchers - A big advantage. Any RN vessel (including T26, T31, T32, T45, and you would hope QE eventually), or Sea Ceptor variant user, would have the capability of carrying an easy to integrate missile that can deal with Fast Attack Craft in any weather conditions or provide precision strike over the horizon out to 80km. This would be a whole lot easier than integrating a Spear missile which would require a new booster and tip over mechanism. And its a wholly new capability to pretty much any new Navy in general.
6) - Export sales - New Zealand, Italy, Brazil, Poland, Pakistan and Chile. Plus India, Qatar, Oman and Australia are Asraam users. As a 'one stop shop' solution to anti-air, anti-missile, anti-armour, precision strike, anti-FAC it's pretty much unique.
7) - Typhoon compatible - Another string to its bow. Not sure if the air to ground aspect could be easily ported to Tranche 1's though, be interesting if it could be.
8) - Falklands - There's no real credible threat there. But sending a few down south to be launched from the Land Ceptor battery would be a useful capability for the defence forces to have.
9) - UK Land Forces get a small anti-ship missile by default.
10) - UK Industry benefits - No ITAR issues.
11) – Could be multi packed in Sylver or Mk.41/57 launchers. Or canisters can be a standalone component, you just need a rack for them.
12) – CAMM, CAMM-ER, the UK/Polish new 'CAMM-MR', LPS with E/O, LPS with DMB head…that’s a very convincing selection of weapons for any platform to be able to fire. SAM from 200 metres to >100km, strike out to c80km. I don’t particularly favour it but a cold launched Spear with a booster for when it clears the capsule could strike out to 180km as well, if it was lengthened with increased fuel storage to take advantage of the additional space in the canister it could go out to c250km…now if only they had a really low cost, simpler, interceptor missile that could be launched from the same complexes, something like Denel's Cheetah, for UAV's...and an anti-radiation seeker head for ground launched SEAD...
13) - Air launch from AH-64 - An ultra long range precision munition for attack helos. Far longer ranged than the Israeli Spike NLOS or Nimrod missiles. The US Army in particular is very interested in longer ranged precision munitions to keep their Apache out of harms way, or roll back defences, they're currently trialling Spike NLOS and Altius 600 based loitering munitions from AH-64.
14) - Ideal modern counter battery weapon. Basically tied to a network with Counter Battery Radar, flash and sound spotting, this would be enemy artillerys worse nightmare. Long ranged, high speed response, man in the loop and sensors to deal with targets that are relocating/camouflaged in any weather condition.

This is exactly what the Complex Weapons Team initiative was about. Developing capabilities that could be ported between different systems, maximising development and sustainment funds whilst delivering greater capability.

Note:
I wrote this before it was clear that the missile uses CAMM technology but not the body, its a 178mm calibre missiles (same as Brimstone) rather than the 166mm ASRAAM/CAMM body (the re-use of the Brimstone seeker head, rather than an expensive and potentially futile repackaging, trumps the re-use of the remainder of the CAMM missile body, although there would be parts like fins and internal parts that could be re-used). The F-35 outer pylon and Typhoon compatability would be less straightforward as a result but would still be possible and much easier to do than other munitions. Having the larger body, and possibly using a slower burning rocket does mean that 80km+ is definitely on the cards from ground launch. If an ASRAAM can reach 60km (according to the Australian's) you'd have to assume an air launched LPS would go a lot further...

Last edited:
Of course, you could argue the same for Haikouichthys and Homo sapiens.

Cue massive argument.

Chris

Who'd have guessed back in the early 70s, when a SRAAM nearly took the nose off a Hunter, that it would lead to possibly the widest ranging and diverse family of weapons seen to date.

Chris
It's not funded yet...but the fact MBDA have clearly not dropped it, or just banked on surface launched Brimstone to fill the Army's requirements but have also expanded the potential launch platforms is interesting. Everything from Ukraine points to it being a very useful capability to have.

I do wonder if they'll mock one up for the naval market in due course...its crying out for that.

Now if they could only combine the DMB head and E/O for a tri-mode solution...

Last edited:
Could Taildog have replaced Red Top and Firestreak? The name impliesit was a tailchaser, not mean for headon attack. Two pods over each wing and a pair of radar-seekers under the chin on the Lightning would have been a nice stopgap until ADV came online.

Just to tie things together...here's the list of CAMM and ASRAAM users to date...I posted this elsewhere but I think its useful..

CAMM/CAMM-ER customers to date: CAMM in Blue, CAMM-ER in Red, Both in Green)

British Army (Cmdr 7 AD recently confirmed CAMM-ER is planned)
Royal Navy
Royal New Zealand Navy
Chilean Navy
Brazilian Navy

Italian Navy
Italian Air Force
Italian Army

Royal Canadian Navy
Pakistan Navy
Polish Army
Polish Air Force
Polish Navy

Think its likely that both the Royal Navy and the Polish Navy will go Green in due course. It would make sense with the programmes they have underway. Still the potential of the Brazilian Marines as well (although that has gone quiet, it was to be integrated to a Brazilian Astros MLRS launcher).

I'm sure there are other customers in the works...suspect in the Gulf. Have to wonder what SAM will be on the Visby Class MLU, and Visby 2, and the new Ukrainian corvettes...CAMM lends itself very well to those size ships, particularly with Umkhonto pretty much dead and buried. Otherwise the only Western options I can see are RIM-116 or MICA-VL, neither of which would be suitable for Visby in particular IMHO.

ASRAAM customers to date: (Legacy Asraam in Blue, Asraam Block 6 in Red)

Royal Air Force (Block 6 will completely replace legacy Asraam from 2022 onwards).
Royal Australian Air Force (Questions remain about Asraam's future in RAAF service).
Indian Air Force (Unclear if Block 6 is part of the deal).
Qatar Emiri Air Force (Likely Asraam Block 6 only when delivered).
Royal Air Force of Oman (Likely Asraam Block 6 only when delivered).

From a comparatively slow start with ASRAAM, the CAMM/ASRAAM combination now appears to be one of the, if not the, strongest product in the MBDA product line up. Which could bode well for the company's focus on LPS. Particularly as Exocet sales decline (lets face it, NSM is steamrolling everything at the moment..) and MMP/Akeron is a very slow burner (though I'm sure will pick up with time). Poland alone is taking 700+ missiles. The Italian and German sides of MBDA in particular look a little bereft these days. All parts of MBDA seem somewhat reliant on the UK end pushing forward (France on FCASW for the future and Sea Venom, Italy on CAMM-ER, all of them on Meteor). Aster is doing some trade, but outside of the 3 main users the sales will be quite small, with the 1NT and Block 2 far behind the US competition and with enormous costs. The UK 'portfolio' of weapons in their lineup looks very strong in comparison, particularly in regard to export potential. With MBDA UK almost successfully finishing their campaign to remove all US components, additional sales that have been blocked by US ITAR restrictions (applied arbitrarily) may also come into view...

Last edited:
Wasn't the India sale the sole reason for developing ASRAAM BLK 6? As such I'd think they would be this version only.

Wasn't the India sale the sole reason for developing ASRAAM BLK 6? As such I'd think they would be this version only.

By all accounts UK MoD looked at the cost of re-lifing their existing Asraam stockpile and found that it wasn't going to be much cheaper than new production that would also remove obsolescence. The CAMM hot production line has certainly helped there. The opportunity to get a new ITAR free seeker was probably too good to miss. Apart from that its a fairly limited upgrade, no 2 way datalink for example, which would have been a big advantage. Block VI is still the most capable WVR missile around, hopefully a 2 way link will come later...seems a little odd as CAMM has the CDL.

I have heard of a potential Saudi sale being scuppered or not pursued due to ITAR, not sure if that was at the same time as the US blocked Paveway IV sales (whilst happily selling 9X and GBU-12...), or how much truth there was in it. MBDA seems utterly focused on everything being ITAR free these days, presumably after being burnt. A very good idea all round given US use of the legislation for clear trade advantage. Not sure if Block VI's arrival has helped it get over the line for Oman and Qatar.

Personally I'm more intrigued as to what will happen to the Australian stockpile. Legacy Hornet are all retired now, ASRAAM is not compatible with the SuperHornet fleet, but is with the F-35 in terms of software, but hasn't been flight tested or fired from F-35A. The Australian missiles are also a bit newer production than the UK's so won't need a re-life just yet. The Australian's haven't bought huge volumes of 9X yet either...and to cap it all they still apparently have 9L and 9M in their reserve, which I would have thought would have been expired an age ago...So I guess the question is do the Australian's sell their ASRAAM on to someone like India or retain them in their war reserve as a potential war only option, or scrap? The 9L's and 9M's do make you wonder if the UK's stockpile management is a little more risk averse or restrictive given we got shot a long time ago....it would have been good if the AIM-120B we had were still around, we could at least send them to Ukraine with their NASAM's...maybe the AIM-120C5 will go over there to a good home once the D-3 arrive.

Last edited:
Royal Air Force (Block 6 will completely replace legacy Asraam from 2022 onwards).

I suppose that the RAF will be expending the legacy ASRAAMs in live fire exercises?

I wonder if Ukraine will get examples of the CAMM?

I suppose that the RAF will be expending the legacy ASRAAMs in live fire exercises?

We didn't suddenly go crazy with AIM-120B, Sea Dart, Sea Wolf or Rapier when they were retired so I suspect not. There's always risk in live firing, and at some point you're incurring risk for little training benefit. I'm genuinely flummoxed that no Rapier have turned up in Ukraine yet...Rapier FSC would be perfect for dealing with those Shahed 136 launched at Odessa...

They are already getting IRIS-T SL and NASAMS (ESSM). Adding anpother overlapping type might be a bit much.

Have the Rapiers been dismantled and recycled? But, yes, the Ukrainians would put them to good use.

Rapier FSC officially retired in January, so there should be at least some of them left around.

Yet more unexpected news...key bit highlighed in Red and Bold...not entirely sure what this means, doesn't sound like CAMM-ER...

MBDA Italy getting cut out? A competitor to it? Or is it even longer ranged? What do they mean by long ranged? CAMM-ER covers medium ranged, but long ranged tends to mean a bit further...

UK Government Press Release

Landmark agreements strengthen UK-Poland defence relations​

The UK will enhance Poland’s military capability and strengthen the defence relationship between the two countries, following the signing of two major defence equipment agreements.

• Defence Ministers sign agreement to work closely on Air Defence Complex Weapons
  • UK confirms long-term support for Poland’s rapid air defence modernisation programme following the first delivery of Narew
  • Nations agreed to collaborate on Poland’s procurement of three Arrowhead-140 frigates
At the Zamość Military Base in Poland today, UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and Poland’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of National Defence Mariusz Błaszczak signed an Air Defence Complex Weapons Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). This enables the UK and Poland to cooperate in the development and manufacture of current and future complex weapons, further strengthening the relationship built through the Defence and Security Cooperation Treaty (2017) and deepening the interoperability of our Armed Forces.

The Ministers also signed the Arrowhead-140 Statement of Intent which provides a framework for the UK Government and The Government of Poland to collaborate on the procurement and operation of three Arrowhead-140 frigates. The Polish Frigates will be a variant of the Arrowhead-140.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said:​

I’m delighted to be in Zamosc today with my friend and close defence partner Marius Balszczak.
We have had a close defence alliance with Poland for over 150 years and as we face the threat from Russia, we need the equipment and the capabilities to safeguard our people and preserve European stability.
Our new agreements demonstrate that commitment and the UK’s support for Poland’s defence modernisation plans.
Today’s signing took place alongside a ceremony marking the first delivery of air defence equipment, Narew, to Poland produced in partnership with MBDA UK and Polish industry.

The complex weapons MOU provides UK support for Poland’s Short-Range Air Defence programme Narew, a key component of Poland’s rapid air defence modernisation programme, enabling further co-operation agreements in the future.

Through the MOU, the two nations will strengthen industry and government links, and support Poland in establishing sovereign capabilities for missile manufacture, providing a framework for industrial cooperation and co-development.

Managing Director of MBDA UK Chris Allam said:​

To deliver Small Narew to Poland in such an extremely short timeframe is a remarkable achievement, and we’re proud that this has been accomplished through our very close partnership with Polish Grupa Zbrojeniowa and thanks to strong support from the UK government.
Today’s agreements launch the next step in Polish-UK missile co-operation and underpins the PGZ-MBDA technology transfer proposal on Narew, while also supporting Pilica+, Miecznik, Tank Destroyer, and other vital projects.
The two ministers also agreed a new working group, which will explore the potential for the UK and Polish Armed Forces to cooperate on the development of a Future Common Missile. Though requirements for the missile are still in development, it is envisioned to be a medium-to-long range, surface launched missile that can be used in both Land and Maritime environments and will be a development of the CAMM family of missiles.

The two ministers also agreed a new working group, which will explore the potential for the UK and Polish Armed Forces to cooperate on the development of a Future Common Missile. Though requirements for the missile are still in development, it is envisioned to be a medium-to-long range, surface launched missile that can be used in both Land and Maritime environments and will be a development of the CAMM family of missiles.

That's rather vague. Doesn't even have to be a SAM. Could be a reference to Poland participating in something like LPS.

That's rather vague. Doesn't even have to be a SAM. Could be a reference to Poland participating in something like LPS.

I think everyone is assuming its in relation to this:
  • Defence Ministers sign agreement to work closely on Air Defence Complex Weapons
Granted you never know this might be about something else....which could mean...Land Precision Strike. Which could be classed as a medium to long range weapon in its class. Given the lessons around range from Ukraine, Polish purchase of Brimstone and CAMM, Sea Ceptor launchers on Arrowhead 140 and it would make an awful lot of sense...

Last edited:
They are already getting IRIS-T SL and NASAMS (ESSM). Adding anpother overlapping type might be a bit much.

Thats the thing. They were all promised comparatively recently. We could have promised Rapier FSC in February/March, at no cost to ourselves.

I was coming to think the same...but Polish sources seem to think it might be a longer ranged CAMM variant than CAMM-ER...see thread below. Apparently MBDA calling it 'Small' Narew is significant, perhaps because of a larger missile on the way..

View: https://twitter.com/DawidKamizela/status/1577310019766423552

English Translation of 2nd tweet in thread (Google Translate, my additions in italics)

"We are talking about the Future Common Missile, i.e. the third missile from the CAMM family, which is to have the largest range of the three. On our side, it is to be equipped with the Vistula (Polish programme to acquire Patriot) as a low-cost missile next to the PAC-3 MSE and Miecznik (the Arrowhead 140) as a medium-range anti-aircraft missile."

Gabrielle Molinelli is speculating, quite sensibly, that this might mean that in the medium term CAMM is used on the Pilica system to guard Patriot, CAMM-ER is fitted on the 'Large' instead of interim 'Small' Narew system (that MBDA have expedited at Polish request) and 'CAMM-EX' is fitted to the Arrowhead 140 and Patriot system as a new longer ranged, but cheaper munition than PAC-3 in particular.

Very interesting times...

The UK might get a long range SAM by default which is great news...

And by god, Poland is getting tooled up...they will have a ferocious AD system...Patriot with PAC-3 and 'CAMM-EX', guarded by 35mm Guns, CAMM and Piorun...with seperate CAMM-ER batteries...

Last edited:
The Poles are taking events seriously that's obvious.

The concept of a larger longer ranged CAMM variant treads into Aster territory. But since FLAADS lifts PAAMS code into more open sourced and COTS architecture it's not a significant reach to achieve this.
Essentially a conceptual CAMM-LR or CAMM-EX development has always been on the cards to replace Aster and luft the UK out of the potential quagmire that seems stuck in. Right down to missile facilities at port and storage.

Intriguingly if this uses the same diameter as LPSM then yhe CAMM family evolution is assured.

Last edited:
Apparently MBDA calling it 'Small' Narew is significant, perhaps because of a larger missile on the way..

FWIW, they've been scaling it Mala Narew since at least April.

and 'CAMM-EX' is fitted to the Arrowhead 140 and Patriot system as a new longer ranged, but cheaper munition than PAC-3 in particular.

The quest for a low-cost supplement to PAC-3 is something of a recurring theme, but I don't think they could readily field one on the Patriot launcher without Raytheon being involved. And Raytheon already have SkyCeptor/Stunner, which is being licence-built in Romania.

Last edited:
Intriguingly if this uses the same diameter as LPSM then yhe CAMM family evolution is assured.

I do wonder if there is any further growth margin in the canister width. CAMM-ER fills it width wise except at the top and bottom of the round, but even then >50% of its length is at a wider calibre. Would 'filling it out' to the full length gain sufficient performance advantage to make it worth while? I suspect not as the rocket motor is already maxed in size for the canister. I'm not sure of the dimensions of the mid section rocket motor but it looks more substantial than 178mm (when compared to a 166mm CAMM alongside) which was the calibre mentioned for LPS. If they're really serious about this they might have to go to a much wider diameter. Would have thought the LPS rocket motor would be optimised for a longer, slower burn time than CAMM/CAMM-ER as well, range being more important than acceleration and overall speed. In fact speed might be a disadvantage for target search, acquisition and prosecution.

It might make sense just to scale the CAMM or CAMM-ER design up.

So, I've had a terribly sleepless night (contrary dog) and I started doing some research on NAREW.

I'm fairly convinced that "Mała Narew" isn't a reference to different missile sizes, but to the accelerated delivery of two CAMM units (two units each of three firing vehicles) in 2022-23 using MBDA's existing manufacturing facilities, compared to the eventual planned delivery of 23 units (46 firing vehicles) by 2026, with Polish industrial participation in missile manufacturing. This is a "small" delivery compared to the full planned program, and the early delivery systems do not have the full range of capabilities planned for the full system.

See, for example, this article from April, 2022. (Google translation from Polish)

The target configuration of the Narew system will be much more elaborate and will differ significantly from the one that is to be delivered in the first place. In total, according to earlier information, it is planned to purchase 23 batteries (46 fire units) of the Narew system for the air defense units of the Land Forces, Air Forces and Navy.

So, I've had a terribly sleepless night (contrary dog) and I started doing some research on NAREW.

I'm fairly convinced that "Mała Narew" isn't a reference to different missile sizes, but to the accelerated delivery of two CAMM units (two units each of three firing vehicles) in 2022-23 using MBDA's existing manufacturing facilities, compared to the eventual planned delivery of 23 units (46 firing vehicles) by 2026, with Polish industrial participation in missile manufacturing. This is a "small" delivery compared to the full planned program, and the early delivery systems do not have the full range of capabilities planned for the full system.

See, for example, this article from April, 2022. (Google translation from Polish)

The target configuration of the Narew system will be much more elaborate and will differ significantly from the one that is to be delivered in the first place. In total, according to earlier information, it is planned to purchase 23 batteries (46 fire units) of the Narew system for the air defense units of the Land Forces, Air Forces and Navy.
Yes its an interim configuration that MBDA were asked to expedite.

I do wonder if the missiles will be pulled partly from the UK stockpile as well to give the Poles an initial capability (and to get our own CAMM battery back, mind you it might not be operational at present, software issues were reported on initial deployment).

Last edited:

We didn't suddenly go crazy with AIM-120B, Sea Dart, Sea Wolf or Rapier when they were retired so I suspect not. There's always risk in live firing, and at some point you're incurring risk for little training benefit. I'm genuinely flummoxed that no Rapier have turned up in Ukraine yet...Rapier FSC would be perfect for dealing with those Shahed 136 launched at Odessa...

Apologies to @NMaude

Well I was definitely quite, quite wrong on this (won't be the first time or the last)....because the RAF have in fact gone missile crazy...launching 53 live Asraam from Typhoon and F-35B, from 8 different squadrons, over the course of 10 days in a Missile Practice Camp called...Exercise Fox2Frenzy....against Banshee target drones...

Probably all Asraam Block IV missiles that are being replaced by Block VI new production missiles.....

Terrible music on the below video however...but you can hear the sound coming off the rail, Asraam's incredible acceleration is also quite clear from some of the shots..

View: https://twitter.com/RoyalAirForce/status/1583729872240771072?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Apologies to @NMaude

Well I was definitely quite, quite wrong on this (won't be the first time or the last)....because the RAF have in fact gone missile crazy...launching 53 live Asraam from Typhoon and F-35B, from 8 different squadrons, over the course of 10 days in a Missile Practice Camp called...Exercise Fox2Frenzy....against Banshee target drones...

Probably all Asraam Block IV missiles that are being replaced by Block VI new production missiles.....

Terrible music on the below video however...but you can hear the sound coming off the rail, Asraam's incredible acceleration is also quite clear from some of the shots..

View: https://twitter.com/RoyalAirForce/status/1583729872240771072?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

That thing just goes

Hullo, I hope this is the right place to ask this.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the SRAAM/Taildog twin launch cannister? I'm hoping to persuade a friend to make me a 3D model of one suitable for 3d-printing, but there's not a lot out there on it.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the SRAAM/Taildog twin launch cannister? I'm hoping to persuade a friend to make me a 3D model of one suitable for 3d-printing, but there's not a lot out there on it.

Perhaps you could approach BAe and ask them if they would supply the relevant details.