TAI TF-X / Milli Muharip Uçak MMU Kaan

a comparison of the TFX size with the F-22 via Butchmaru.
he's been working the past week to get the 3D model to match all the new pics.

FsYscqmaUAUV4L0

Massive airframe... Would like to see how it compares to an F-15 (with F110 GE129 engines)

Attachments

• F_15EX_7-scaled.jpg
    F_15EX_7-scaled.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
In terms of size, F-15C is the most closest to it; or, if we're looking for a comparison from the current TurAF inventory, F-4E 2020's.

Basically it's a stealthy F-15EX which is more than enough for Turkey's needs.

It's design elements remind me of not only the American 5th gens but also the Su-57. The stabilizers are like that of the F-35, the overall fuselage shape is just like that of an F-22 with a slight LERX, and the weapon bays are like that of the Su-57 or the YF-23.

View attachment 687109

On this image, TF-X appears pretty much the same size as the F-15...
20230329_214337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when design activities weren't finalized. Probably outdated. The aircraft is massive.

FsYscqmaUAUV4L0
The F119 is larger in diameter than the F110 so I don't think this model got the scale right.

FsUTncGaUAAMG8y-3.jpeg

His calculations are based on available real life pictures of the aircraft. And as far as I know the F-110 is only shorter than the F-119, but is in strike contrast larger in diameter.

It's easy to scale correctly, we have the dimensions of the horizontal stabs.

There are two Horizontal Stabilizers on the aircraft. A single one of these control surfaces is as large as the wing of an F-16. It is 2.9 meters wide, 4.1 meters long, 0.4 meters high, and weighs 235 kilograms.

There are two Horizontal Stabilizers on the aircraft. A single one of these control surfaces is as large as the wing of an F-16. It is 2.9 meters wide, 4.1 meters long, 0.4 meters high, and weighs 235 kilograms.

how about weight wise? I am guessing a safe estimate would be between 17,000kg to 22,000kg, in line with the other large 5th gen planes (J-20, F-22, Su-57).

how about weight wise? I am guessing a safe estimate would be between 17,000kg to 22,000kg, in line with the other large 5th gen planes (J-20, F-22, Su-57).
The aircraft could be lighter than the F-22. Don't quote me on that.
that's why I put 17,000. the F-22 is around 19,000, and J-20 is claimed to be 17,000.
22 is probably on the higher end. but I definitely don't think its 40 tons as claimed earlier. This is the TFX, not the Tu-22.

I think paralay was referring to MTOW, and (assuming that the size comparison is accurate, as he said) that'd be a fair assessment. F-22 MTOW is 38t already, and (again, IF the comparison was correct) MMU would be considerably larger. In that case it would also not be plausible for OEW to be lower.

Length 20 m
Wingspan 13 m
Height 5 m
Wing area 70 m2
Profile 34 m2
Plan 112 m2
Fas 9.2 m2
Volume 65.4 m3
Maximum weight 33000 kg
Paralay, where did you get these numbers? They are different by as much as one meter than all previously released or published specs.

The YouTube video posted by SNNE might be the closest we can get to seeing the bays
but I could not find any outlines on the outer edges.
so I guess its true that its likely two tandem bays in the middle.

Test shots of the national ramjet propelled air-to-air missile GÖKHAN begin
Goktug-Gokdogan-Bozdogan-Fuze-SAGE-Tubitak-F-16-Test-2.jpg
The first launch of GÖKHAN, the national ramjet-propelled air-to-air missile developed by Tübitak SAGE, will be carried out soon.

Türkiye is entering a new phase in air-to-air missiles. Developing Turkey's first national air-to-air missiles BOZDOĞAN and GÖKDOĞAN under the GÖKTUĞ project, TÜBİTAK SAGE is entering the test phase of the ramjet-propelled GÖKHAN air-to-air missile, which it continues to develop.

TÜBİTAK SAGE Manager Gürcan Okumuş made special statements to M5. Okumuş stated that the GÖKHAN missile is slightly ahead of schedule and that the first test firing from land will be carried out soon. In his statement, Okumuş said, “Work on the GÖKHAN project is at a very good point. Soon we will start with the first land shots and then move on to the platform shots. I can say that the GÖKHAN missile is ahead of its schedule, even slightly ahead of its schedule,” he said. GÖKHAN, which is planned to be used on various platforms, especially the F-16 and MMU, will provide the Turkish Air Force with a strategic capability. With the GÖKHAN, which can reach very high speeds, it will be possible to engage enemy aircraft from long ranges.
https://m5dergi.com/savunma-haberle...-hava-fuzesi-gokhanin-test-atislari-basliyor/

Used Google for quick translation.

View attachment 697210
The first launch of GÖKHAN, the national ramjet-propelled air-to-air missile developed by Tübitak SAGE, will be carried out soon.

Türkiye is entering a new phase in air-to-air missiles. Developing Turkey's first national air-to-air missiles BOZDOĞAN and GÖKDOĞAN under the GÖKTUĞ project, TÜBİTAK SAGE is entering the test phase of the ramjet-propelled GÖKHAN air-to-air missile, which it continues to develop.

TÜBİTAK SAGE Manager Gürcan Okumuş made special statements to M5. Okumuş stated that the GÖKHAN missile is slightly ahead of schedule and that the first test firing from land will be carried out soon. In his statement, Okumuş said, “Work on the GÖKHAN project is at a very good point. Soon we will start with the first land shots and then move on to the platform shots. I can say that the GÖKHAN missile is ahead of its schedule, even slightly ahead of its schedule,” he said. GÖKHAN, which is planned to be used on various platforms, especially the F-16 and MMU, will provide the Turkish Air Force with a strategic capability. With the GÖKHAN, which can reach very high speeds, it will be possible to engage enemy aircraft from long ranges.
https://m5dergi.com/savunma-haberle...-hava-fuzesi-gokhanin-test-atislari-basliyor/

RAMJET?? Do I miss something on these images?

View attachment 697210

Placeholder image :)

View attachment 697210

Yeah Ramjet.

On those images there are Bozdoğan and Gökdoğan. There is not a single photo of Gökhan and Akbaba available to public

Ironically, someone actually photographed AKBABA on a 401st F-16 during take-off and unknowingly shared the pictures on a Facebook spotter group (he doesn't know anything about missiles or weapon stuff) More than a thousand people saw it, yet not a single soul leaked the images (me as well). People warned him, then he immediately deleted the pictures.