Tachikawa "Ki-162": a real project?

Vietcong

Avation Enthusiast from VN
Reaction score
Website
aviationprojects.blogspot.com
Did you know about the Tachikawa Ki-162.I don't know that this project was real or not but I know that It was Japanese licenses version of Heinkel He 162.

Attachments

• Ki162.jpg
    Ki162.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 831
  • HikokiLOGO_v4.jpg
    HikokiLOGO_v4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 685
Vietcong said:
Did you know about the Tachikawa Ki-162.I don't know that this project was real or not but I know that It was Japanese licenses version of Heinkel He 162.
There are information and drawings of Tachikawa Ki-162 with turbojet engine, not pulse jet engine in Ed's JAPANESE SECRET PROJECTS(59P).
Please get this book.

Has it been settled if the Ki-162 was a genuine project or not? And if so, was the designation a later invention?

"... was the designation a later invention?"

I don't know but I think it was a later invention. I base this on the fact that the army's version of the J8M was designated the Ki-200, not the Ki-163, which would have been directly taken from the Me-163 designation used by the German Lutftwaffe. So it seems to me that the Ki-162 - He-162 similarity is an invention after the fact.

Tachikawa 162 is real or not?

Hello! I just want to know,this project is real or not?

Merged with older thread, the search function is your friend ! ;)

As you can see, there are indications (some may call it strong ones ...) , that it's just
a post-war invention, but still yet, there seems to be no compelling evidence.

index.php

First this is NOT the Tachikawa "Ki-126", but bad graphic impressions of the Kawansihi Baika

On Tachikawa "Ki-126"
There some debate if this based or german He-162 or is own design by Hayashi team at Tachikawa.
Fact is the Japanese requested Information about He-162, what they got on 15 April 1945.

Source:
JAPANESE SECRET PROJECTS
Edwin M. Dyer III (page 59 and 61)

From the mentioned "Japanese Secret Projects" by Edwin M. Dyer III :

" ...nor the Japanese version of the He 162 would progress past the initial design stage. Only the Nakajima Ki-201
ever made it to the construction phase which, by the end of the war, amounted to a single incomplete fuselage.
As a note, 'Ki-162' has been used by some as the designation for the Japanese produced He 162. There is no
historical evidence to sup-port this although it is not without precedent, such as the case with the proposed
Mitsubishi Ki-90 that was to be the Japanese version of the Junkers Ju 90."

So, there really seem to have been a project to build a fighter based on the He 162, but the designation "Ki 162"
is just speculation.

Back
Top Bottom