Nihon Kokusai Koku Ki-111 Experimental Fuel Transport

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Jemiba said:
here is from Le FANA 425,the Tachikawa Ki-111,but they wrote Nihon,
and on the article they wrote Nippon,I don't know what was this confuse ?.

Attachments

• Ki-111 & Ku-8.JPG
    Ki-111 & Ku-8.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 228
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 207
Nihon and Nippon mean the same thing: Japan. So sometimes you'll see one, sometimes the other, for instance Nihon Kogata or Nippon Kogata for the Ku-11. Nihon Kokusai is usually just refered to as Kokusai.

Now to the best of my knowledge, the Ki-111 was a Tachikawa. But the article clearly states that Tachikawa is a mistake and that it was Kokusai. Which makes sense.

Yes Stargazer,

but there was two companies,one for Nippon Kogata Hikoki KK,and
Nihon Hikoki KK,and they were two different firms.

hesham said:
Yes Stargazer,

but there was two companies,one for Nippon Kogata Hikoki KK,and
Nihon Hikoki KK,and they were two different firms.

I never said otherwise. My point is that whenever you see a company designated as "Nihon something" it can also be found as "Nippon something".

hesham said:
Jemiba said:
I've split the post about the Kawanishi N1K Shiden-Kai and moved them to this topic:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3494.msg199784.html#new

OK my dear Jemiba,that's better,

and here is from Le FANA 425,the Tachikawa Ki-111,but they wrote Nihon,
and on the article they wrote Nippon,I don't know what was this confuse ?.

Nihon Kokusai Koku Ki-111 oil transport plane

The No.1 IJA aviation technology research institute drew up the oil transport plane plan named Ki-111 in September 8, 1944.

Based on this plan, the Imperial Japanese Army pointed to the trial production of all wooden oil transport plane to Nihon Kokusai Koku.

This fuel transport plane aimed at the fuel transportation from the south, and had 13000 kg pay load and 10000 km or more in cruising range as demand performance.

The research of this fuel transport plane was started from September, 1944. As a result, following design policy was set up, and design started.

(1) The body of the Ku8 transport glider under trial production was enlarged and applied to this oil transport plane.

(2) The engine of this oil transport aircraft was HA 211.

It did not realize, although producing 100 sets of this oil transport plane 1945 was planned.

Not at all my dear hesham. Ki-111 data are as follows.
Engine : HA211(take off power 2200hp)×2, Span : 35.6m, Length : 24m, Wing area : 126 square meter, empty weight : 11500kg, Gross weight : 24000kg, Wing loading : 190kg/square meter, Power loading : 6.61kg/hp, Maximum speed : 423km/h(5000m), Landing speed : 136km/h, Range : 12500km. Crew : 3

Back
Top Bottom