Supermarine Secret Projects Vol.1 & Vol.2 by Ralph Pegram

I personally thought the lines were spot on, the drawings are superb.

The line drawings do look nice, perhaps the internal detail ones are a little thin.

The initial Type 179 design for the 20/28 specification is interesting, with seating or sleeping cabins in the wings with a large observation lounge ahead of them with large forward facing windows.

Also, what I thought was an unusually large cockpit area on the later design is in fact a cockpit and observation lounge.

Mortons had this to say on April 9:
Orders for books in stock will be packed and despatched within 24 hours of order receipt.
International orders are currently taking between 4-8 weeks to arrive due to international post being slower than normal.
At least a week fast, so I'm happy.
Here's hoping for July 22.
Now available for pre-order

Mortons had this to say on April 9:
Orders for books in stock will be packed and despatched within 24 hours of order receipt.
International orders are currently taking between 4-8 weeks to arrive due to international post being slower than normal.
At least a week fast, so I'm happy.
Here's hoping for July 22.
Now available for pre-order
Done, preordered! Cool new coverart btw. Last time I saw it, it had not the cool two engined jet on the top of the frontcover. I like it.

Last edited:
Wrong book refunded. My bad.

Last edited:
The other day I was reading volume 2 on the train, and a young guy (student age) comes up to me and says 'cool book'. So I him the cover and he goes 'I know, I have the same one at home'.

So it makes enough of an impression to talk to random strangers on a train.

What were the fuselage dimensions of the 1931 High Performance Day Bomber described on Pags 39 to 41?

Thanks, what about the diameter of the fuselage if the bombs, and possibly mail from is said a few paragraphs later, were to go in the wings, I assume, not very wide.
There is just a single hand drawn blueprint for this project and only the length and span are given. However measuring from the drawing the maximum section for the elliptical fuselage would be less the 2.5ft wide and around 4ft deep, the size dictated by the close fit around the developed Buzzard engine. The bomb aimer/second gunner's station is beneath the pilot, so not a lot of room to move. The parallel-chord section of the wing has fuel tanks adjacent to the fuselage with the bomb racks outboard