• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Sukhoi S-70 Okhotnik UAV revealed

tequilashooter

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Apparently this is a 57 mm cannon ...
Forward looking camera most likely. Look at the photos with Fedotow and screen image at 4:19. From the postition you can guess that camera is placed low and off-center to the right.
I think he is being sarcastic? Was it also confirmed that the t-50-3 was using this camera over the IRST it usually haves?

Josh_TN

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The camera appears fixed. I wonder what a narrow field of view like that could be used for.

mkellytx

Reaction score
The camera appears fixed. I wonder what a narrow field of view like that could be used for.
Since these are test articles it makes me wonder if they are some kind of special instrumentation meant to capture test results. Maybe the Russians don't paint their SI orange like us.

tequilashooter

Reaction score
Even blind man will see that this is not a 57mm cannon, but a 30mm one.
He is joking, No one thinks there is a gun because there is no blast shielded metal around the muzzle and the rear model further back I identified above is a small pod and does not have the length to be an actual gun.

Sort of read the mood here.

tequilashooter

Reaction score

"]Packing weapons: the Ministry of Defense in search of an anti-submarine drone

Heavy drones will work together to detect and hit submarines

The Ministry of Defense is working on a project to create a special unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and a control system for it to combat submarines. For this task, existing unmanned systems can be adapted or new ones developed. It is planned that such drones will be able to operate in a "flock" using elements of artificial intelligence. To accommodate the necessary equipment and weapons will require a model with a large payload, such as the C-70 Okhotnik, experts say.

Single network
To combat submarines, the Ministry of Defense is preparing a new concept. For this task, in the future, it is planned to use heavy drones equipped with submarine detection equipment and anti-submarine weapons. Several flying "hunters" united in a single network will be able to search for the enemy at the same time. Potential platforms for the creation of such an apparatus are now being studied, sources in the defense department told Izvestia.

Hunter drones can be launched from ground airfields or ships. They are planned to be controlled from both ship and air command posts, with the active use of automation capabilities and elements of artificial intelligence. UAVs will be able to either independently hit targets, or direct them to the strikes of anti-submarine weapons from other carriers."

Acatomic

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Four APR-3ME air launched torpedoes could fit inside one S-70:
Tactical_Missiles_Corporation_APR-3ME_Grif_torpedo_2.jpg

It's length is 3250mm, caliber is 350mm and weight is 470kg

Other S-70 could carry and deploy just sonobuoys, in racks, like the one below just shorter:
BtIxkrzIMAAnFQq.jpg

Last edited:

tequilashooter

Reaction score

First Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Military-Industrial Complex Andrey Yelchaninov stressed that in the near future, the ability to control several drones from the Su-57 cockpit will be implemented.

MOSCOW, April 13. /TASS/. Deliveries to the troops of the Okhotnik heavy unmanned strike system are scheduled to begin in 2024. This was announced by the first deputy chairman of the Board of the Military-Industrial Commission (MIC) Andrey Yelchaninov.

"It is planned to start delivering Okhotnik to the troops as early as 2024," Yelchaninov said in an interview."Rossiyskaya Gazeta".

He recalled that the drones are capable of operating under the control of a pilot piloting the Su-57 aviation complex. "These planes and drones can interact not only with each other, but also in different types of battle formations," Yelchaninov said.

He stressed that "in the near future, it will be possible to control several Okhotnik drones from the Su-57 cockpit. "The function of target distribution between these aircraft is being worked out. The group use of guided aircraft and unmanned aerial systems is just around the corner. And the first flights confirm this, " explained the first deputy chairman of the Board of the Military-Industrial Complex.

"In the future, it is planned that when used together, the Okhotnik UAV under the control of the leading manned vehicle will solve any tasks for air and ground targets. In this connection, we see great prospects for building up the combat potential of the Russian Aerospace Forces, " he concluded.