Sukhoi PAK FA (T-50, I-21) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Sorry, but i just dont see where it is entirely different. Even som of the panells match as on 117S.

You can clearly see the engine on the left side (In the left image, which is the one with the 117) is larger than the one on the right. Also, if you look at the "bands" ahead of the nozzle, you can see they clearly don't match.

JIC anyone isn't clear, the image above shows the Flanker with the 117 engine in the left nacelle, on the left. The image on the right is a standard Flanker.

The one on the right is a "new" Su-35, isn't it?

there's no such an aircraft 'Su-35BM'. Official designation is Su-35, internal is T-10BM, and Su-35S for serial machine, that's it.

Thursday, according to grOOmi
prepare beer and popcorn

SOC said:
The one on the right is a "new" Su-35, isn't it?
Su-35 '902' has ordinary AL-31F instead of 'Article 117S' on '901'

flateric said:
Thursday, according to grOOmi
prepare beer and popcorn

Can hardly wait for the hoards of fanboys screaming "PAK-FA kicks Raptor's sux ass" no matter WHAT gets shown. ::)

sferrin said:
Can hardly wait for the hoards of fanboys screaming "PAK-FA kicks Raptor's sux ass" no matter WHAT gets shown. ::)

well, here we have many, who fear of quite opposite point of view

Any idea, when the first pictures will be published ???

I read somewhere that it could take a while before we finally see it. ???

Deino

no press will be allowed to attend (on quite clear reasons - any failure is not an option, failure leaked in press is a no-no)
according to Pilot (Sergey Kuznetcov) of NTV channel, it will be just as in case with Su-35 maiden flight - federal TV channels and press will receive official video footage and set of photos some time (hours) after an event. you must also count time lag for Komsomolsk-on-Amur/Dzemgi airfield, so...GMT+3 in the morning

crossing fingers

Sundog said:
You can clearly see the engine on the left side (In the left image, which is the one with the 117) is larger than the one on the right. Also, if you look at the "bands" ahead of the nozzle, you can see they clearly don't match.

JIC anyone isn't clear, the image above shows the Flanker with the 117 engine in the left nacelle, on the left. The image on the right is a standard Flanker.

To me the engines on Su-35S looks different (the left one is bigger), and we know that they are both alike, and standard Al-31 engines. So i am not convinced from this photo evidence.

PS: Some of the rings match quite well...

sferrin said:
And fanbois who scream "PAK-FA copies raptor" no matter what get shown. Fanbois exist anywhere, on any side.

donnage99 said:
sferrin said:
And fanbois who scream "PAK-FA copies raptor" no matter what get shown. Fanbois exist anywhere, on any side.

And they all are PITAs.

flateric said:
no press will be allowed to attend (on quite clear reasons - any failure is not an option, failure leaked in press is a no-no)
So you mean that if there's a failure, then no pictures and press release?

According to "Pilot" on Sukhoi.ru, we should expect news around 10-12 AM, Moscow time. ATM it is 06.40 in Amure, 28th January. So, if it takes of today (today for amure), it is just a matter of hours we will see it from now. :)

I hope so,at last the long awaited first flight of the new Russian warbird!
I cant wait for the first pictures!!

grOOmi: "have catched some mishap after pre-flight taxies at noon. waiting for tomorrow"

I want to point out the additional new information: PAK FA = izdelije 701

http://www.gzt.ru/topnews/politics/-istrebitelj-pyatogo-pokoleniya-podnimetsya-v-/285716.html

oh, it's never been 'Article 701' at Sukhoi, it's 7.01 Mikoyan follow-on for MiG-31, discovered for Western hemisphere by Piotr Butowski
and this old crap being repeated forth and back in newspapers and internet in connection to T-50

Status
Not open for further replies.