Sukhoi PAK FA news and speculation (T-50, I-21) Part II [2008-2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments? Just read carefully: substantive conversation about testing the fifth-generation aircraft could take place during the air show in Farnborough It may mean talks of event, that would already_happen to the date.

Does it mean it will make the first flight before Farbrough?"The "dry" can begin testing the new fifth-generation fighter "after two years"?Do you think this year will fly experimental samples and after two years real aircraft?

medal64 said:
Does it mean it will make the first flight before Farbrough?
That's all of us have heard from multiply top persons.

medal64 said:
What about "The "dry" can begin testing the new fifth-generation fighter "after two years"?
That we will learn in the nearest two years.
BTW, in memoriam of Pavel Osipovich Sukhoi, please don't use that "The Dry" from damn online translators. Yes, Sukhoi is Russian for English 'dry', but this is SURNAME.

medal64 said:
Do you think this year will fly experimental samples and after two years real aircraft?

Doesn't YF-22 -> F-22 and X-35 -> F-35 time gaps ring a bell for you? Two years? Huh..,

Sukhoi’s 5th-gen fighter takes shape, nears flight
By: Stephen Pope

June 16, 2009
Aircraft

Sukhoi’s long-anticipated fifth-generation multirole fighter is nearing the start of flight trials as work continues on the prototype aircraft, the famed Russian aircraft builder’s chief executive confirmed at the Paris Air Show yesterday.

Sukhoi CEO Mikhail Pogosyan predicted the world will soon know much more about the new fighter, referred to internally as the T-50. “Let’s wait until next year, perhaps at the Farnborough airshow, to learn more about our fifth-generation fighter,” Pogosyan said. “Now we are just stating that we are working on the prototype and getting prepared for flight trials.” Observers predict the new fighter could be rolled out as early as this summer.

Russia is developing the new-generation Sukhoi to compete with the U.S. F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II, the world’s first fifth-generation fighters. Eventually the new airplane will replace the MiG-29 Fulcrum and Su-27 Flanker fighters in the Russian air force and be exported to other countries. Sukhoi is sharing development costs and engineering for the project with India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.

Pogosyan said Sukhoi has an $8 billion order backlog for its fighters and controls about 20 percent of the world export market. He noted the firm is preparing to add a third Su-35 prototype this month to the flight-test program for its last fourth-generation fighter (referred to by Sukhoi as generation 4++ ). Su-35 deliveries are slated to start in 2011

http://www.ainonline.com/news/single...-nears-flight/

Conflicts as always.......

medal64 said:
He noted the firm is preparing to add a third Su-35 prototype this month to the flight-test program for its last fourth-generation fighter (referred to by Sukhoi as generation 4++ ).

Seems like they are already almost finished with the replacement for 904.

... Asked about that prediction today, he told reporters that Sukhoi would have more information about first flight at the Farnborough air show next July.

äähhmmm ... as far as I'm not completely mad the "Farnborough air show next July" will be in 2010 !!!

http://www.1st4londontheatre.co.uk/tickets-1122474047.shtml

Deino

äähhmmm...yes...:(
it starts to resemble A-12 case for me

Russian Defense Ministry hopes to have this year off the fifth-generation aircraft

Fifth-generation combat aircraft will be lifted into the air before the end of the year, said Wednesday at a press conference, Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Vladimir Popovkin arming.

"He (fifth-generation aircraft) should be away from the earth the first time this year", - said V. Popovkin.

"We have reason to say that the timing will move, no," - said Deputy Minister of Defense.

Vladimir Popovkin said that the plane will have a lot of new elements. "The airframe - this will be the fifth generation aircraft. The engine is 4 +++", - he said.

Source:www.aviaport.ru
Date:17.06.2009

fightingirish said:
I still believe, that we might see a CGI at MAKS in August 2009.

Do not, confirmed that there will be nothing...

Won't there be nothing about PAK-FA at Maks 2009?Can you post the source please flateric!

Ok,than:)You say that nothing about design of PAK-FA at Maks-2009.It seems that all of the sukhoi's website statements, official statements and too many more were big lies or it will fly secretly if its not an utophia!!!If I can not see this aircarft this year, I will give up to believe any statements since I see it.

Pogosyan said in yesterday's interview to federal TV channel, that "WE WILL SEE IT IN 2009"

Is it the video?
http://www.vesti.ru/videos?vid=224504&p=1&sort=1&cid=1

Well ,that blondie journalist on the video is sweet ;D , IMO she would be capable to extract the PAK-FA secrets from Pogosjan's soul :p

In my opinion we will see it at company's foundation or Airforce anniversary. And also in my opinion they will display some prototype subsystems of the aircraft, like Radar,weapons,avionics,HMD system at Maks-2009.

Space Shuttle/F-22 and «Buran» / PAK FA - which could be similar?

Going on these days at Le Bourget (France) 48 th International Aerospace Salon de Paris once again led to a surge of interest in a Russian fighter aircraft developed by the fifth-generation PAK FA (promising aviation complex tactical aviation). Interviews Chapter consortium «Dry» / MiG Mikhail Pogosyan state television «Russia» only give fuel to the fire.

There is still the subject of guesswork is the beginning of flight tests PAK FA, promised in December that year. Здесь до сих пор стоит разноголосица. There still is discordance. For example, on 17 June at a meeting of the state defense order, Deputy Defense Minister for Armaments Vladimir Popovkin announced that the Russian fifth generation fighter aircraft is practically ready, and in December it would begin flight testing. The completed production of the first fifth-generation aircraft, which will not be flying, and ground testing at the Summer Research Institute in Zhukovsky, Moscow Region. According to Ivanov, the test sample is tested for strength, static and other characteristics. «This will be done this year», - he said (these two statements are taken from tapes of Russian Information Agency).

So what will be - flying (Popovkin) or static (Ivanov) test? Judging by the fact that the first sample PAK FA (three in the assembly in Komsomolsk-on-Amur APO) has not yet brought them to Leah. Gromova, it could be the beginning of this year, namely, static tests. A feature of PAK FA from the Su-27 is the prototype of the aircraft are not manufactured at the pilot plant OKB im. Sukhoi in Moscow (it was built the first three test aircraft), and immediately to the serial plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

However, the move to interview Mikhail Pogosyan program «Vesti», which came on the air yesterday, June 18.
Judging from the very careful and ornate replies director of the consortium «Dry» / MIG (http://www.militaryparitet.com/telet...teletype/5539/), coming in August at the Moscow Aviation and the prototype of the aircraft cabin will not be displayed, as promised earlier. But do not anticipate - suddenly appears.

Very intriguing is the following statement Poghosian: «Well, in the perspective of the fifth generation already, and the establishment of unmanned vehicles.Of course, military aircraft are moving in the direction of creating such high-complexes, which solve different tasks simultaneously, and provide information for decision-making to those who governs them ».

Space Maybe this will seem absurd, but I immediately recalled the analogy between the development in the United States and the USSR reusable transport spacecraft - Space Shuttle Shuttle and «Buran». As you know, the first flight of an American ship was in 1981 with the crew on board. Sovetskiy «Buran» behind almost a decade and took off into space in 1988, but the unmanned mode.At that time, the Soviet press was a lot of rave reviews on the fly «Buran», namely the ability to perform automatic flight commands from Earth.Even wrote that the Soviet spacecraft were four blocks of electronic equipment, and the Americas - five, and that the Soviet Union in the best of industry to overcome the backlog of the West in the microelectronics and automated control systems, and finally something ahead.All Soviet newspapers vying gave enthusiastic expression second female cosmonaut, Hero of the Soviet Union Svetlana Savitskaya observed landing «Buran» runway at Baikonur Cosmodrome: «No pilot would not put« Buran »better!».

Is «Dry» decided to repeat this landmark event, and initially planned to equip the PAK FA unprecedented extensible electronic architecture, «Artificial intelligence» and advanced digital control system that will allow it to operate without the crew on board? In this case, after passing through a series of upgrades, PAK FA could become the world's first unmanned fifth-generation fighter aircraft.And the long suffering http://www.aviaport.ru/news/2001/12/05/19873.html ). Aviation fans forgiven would be equally unprecedented delay in the establishment of PAK FA, it Pogosian in 2001 on the radio «Echo Moskvy» promised to raise the «five» in 2006-2007 (http://www.aviaport.ru/news/2001/ 12/05/19873.html).The Americans with their praise F -22 and F -35 has not yet made such attempts.

Leonid Nikolaev.

Source:www.militarypatritet.com
Date:20.06.2009

medal64 said:
The Americans with their praise F -22 and F -35 has not yet made such attempts.

oh, yes...another absurd article from Leonid from the cycle "I invent the reason, I discuss it then"

sanjeev.k said:
Reason why I am asking this is - i have heard on other forums (dont recall which one) - that one of the reasons Sukhoi is pushing so hard for a 1st flight in 2009 is because 2009 happens to be the 60th (is this correct?) year of the SDB.
So, if you extend that line of reasoning - its possible Sukhoi might fly the PAK-FA on/around a date representing a milestone of the company - probably as a morale booster for the company (and for the whole Russian military aviation complex in general).

From http://www.uacrussia.ru/en/companies/index.php?id4=52

History

The history of Sukhoi Company dates back October 1930, when aircraft designer Pavel Sukhoi led the team #4 of TsAGI AGOS aviation. It was at that point when the team of the future Design Bureau started to take shape.

Education Day of Sukhoi Design Bureau believed July 29, 1939 when the people's commissariat of aircraft industry made a decision about the transfer of the number of the experimental design bureaus into the series plants for the purpose of rendering effective assistance in accelerating of aircraft series production. With this purpose, together with the team of the Design Bureau, which had been given a standalone status, P.O. Sukhoi was relocated to production aircraft plant #135 in Kharkov. At that time the series output of multi-role short-range bomber BB-1 (after 1940 known as the Su-2) was set up in that city.

Second WOW today! Someone did a 3D model, based on my drawing!! :eek: Well, at least I have another confirmation, that every view in my drawings is correct to each other :D

Attachments

• PAKFA_001.JPG
    PAKFA_001.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 175
Indeed...
That's a lot of responsibility once you come to think of it.

You might want to update the F-23 next ;)

as far as PAC-FA is concerned. The last time around, before Mig-1.44 was unveiled only a couple of good artist paintings were available.

Whoever gets the best match this time will rise his site credibility a lot :)

You want me to update the YF-23? Okay, so I inform you, that I found another what-if impression of the PAK-FA, that can with its shape satisfy all your dreams :D

Attachments

• 18B3.jpg
    18B3.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 99
Well if I may...
If the YF-23 is a supermodel that picture you posted is an ugly caricature.

Beauty is more than similarity in platform but rather in proportions.

behold...people inside say that it's quite an attractive machine

Bozhemoi, thats, hard on my eyes! B) I like the color rendering above better.

Do you have any idea or info about the first flight of the PAK-FA?What do you think will we see it this year or in August?

let's wait till July,18
then we can wait till August,16
if not, we can wait till December

I built this sometime ago for the same game the guy building Matej's concept is making his for

Attachments

• pak-fa_render2.jpg
    pak-fa_render2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 145
for every month that goes by, add a month ;D

The rendering reminds me more of a MiG-29, then a flanker

No, it is a general estimation today that the PAK FA will have a relatively small tail and the moving force will be transferred to the thrust vectoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.