Soviet dive-bombers of the 1930s & 1940s

Tophe

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.kristofmeunier.fr
For Christmas soon (shame on me, I already opened the parcel…), I had the huge joy to receive as gift the (French) book "Bombardiers en piqué Soviétiques dans les années 1930 et 1940" (author; Herbert Léonard, Publisher: Édite), meaning "Soviet dive-bombers during the years 1930s and 1940s". There are many photographs and colour profiles for the ones loving History, but Lark asked me: are there projects inside?
(I will not post anything of it as it is currently sold, for instance in France at
http://www.amazon.fr/Bombardiers-piqu%C3%A9-sovi%C3%A9tiques-dans-ann%C3%A9es/dp/284608288X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1324146756&sr=1-1
and in USA at
http://www.amazon.com/Bombardiers-piqu%C3%A9-sovi%C3%A9tiques-dans-ann%C3%A9es/dp/284608288X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324146819&sr=8-2 )
But I have double-checked the content, after the first joy, and I can tell you there are 15 unbuilt projects I found (more if you count each version):
- 3 twin-boomers my favourites: Belyayev PBI, Beriev B-10, Kurbala PB-IS
- 2 wonderful oddities: Izakson 104 (twin-pusher), Polikarpov ODB (central engine, lateral propellers)
- 10 classical shapes: Polikarpov SPB, Tupolev PB-4, Iliushin DB-4, Tu 58, Arkhangelski B-2, Borovkov-Florov Object 10, Grigorovitch DG-58, Kotcherigin OPB, Polikarpov TsKB-29, Sukhoi IOP
(This is at first sight, overleafing without reading all the text yet. Please don't argue saying it is wrong because this one has been built, maybe it is in the text I have not read yet, just there are no photograph of it)
I hope some of you will have the same joy as me.

Sounds fantastic!! I haven't ever heard of the majority of these... Yummy.

Stargazer2006 said:
I haven't ever heard of the majority of these...
Most of these projects have already been described on our website, rest if necessary / possible relevance also to post...Congratulations on your new book in the new year! ))

Back
Top Bottom