Sikorsky S-71 (AAH contender)

You are right, the cockpit was skewed, to give the wepons operator a good viewfield and use at the maximum the Boeing's UTTAS proposal structure, And, out of completeness, a daring of the S-71 is here http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=655.msg5145#msg5145, just in case... ;) If someone doesn't beat me at this, this night I'll post the CL-1700 and maybe the Boeing's front view

S-71 image crossposted.

index.php

Nice work with the drawing of the Sikorsky S-71

I have heard of it many a time, but never seen its layout

Thanks Overscan!

Regards
Pioneer

Here's a photo I came across of the S-71.

Attachments

• S-71.jpg
    S-71.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 1,947
Nice pics. Sikorsky have done a website pretty close in concept to one I've been working on... But theirs is full of missing stuff and has a few typos... I hope they can get decent historians to sort the mess out.

who knows why two models have one name S-71

Attachments

• 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 809
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 808
I only know the mock-up in the first picture, but it seems to me that they were probably both related to the same program at different stages. The second one looks a little earlier and more crude to me, but still an advanced Army attack helo.

Yes, the top image is the final configuration, the bottom one is an earlier version. Final has altered IR suppressors on engine exhausts and modified wing/undercarriage.