From what I can gather by digging through many Japanese websites and cross referencing what diagrams I can find, I believe I have narrowed down photos of the various Shinyo types. According to
H I Sutton, there are a few other experimental types, which it seems there are next to no photos of. Justo Miranda posted diagrams of the experimental Type 2, 6 & 7 Shinyo in a earlier post, so I won't, but I do have a photo of the Type 2 at least. One thing I am not sure about is whether the IJA Type 5 motor boat is called Maru-Re or Maru-Ni, I have even seen Maru-In on some small scale modelling stores. My thought is maybe the confusion springs from that the IJN Type 5 is the Maru-Re and the IJA Type 5 is the Maru-Ni, or vice versa. I have seen both spellings switched. I have seen some websites describe the IJN Type 5 as just Shinyo too.
I will say there is a distinction between IJN Type 5 and IJA Type 5... the shape of the superstructure around the pilot is different, with the former having a slight V-shape superstructure, skeletal cable struts foredeck and aft, and two sets of exhaust pipes / intake pipes, whereas the latter has a lower, less pronounced superstructure that sits further forward, without the struts and cable, and only 1 or 2 exhaust pipes--depending. Also I have yet to see a Type 5 in general with the machine gun mounted--from all the models and diagrams I can find, the IJN Type 5 seems to be the one that had a gun mount; I say that because the superstructure is the same for all depictions, and all match the IJN type. I know they were mounted with guns because I have read a few combat accounts of encountering them with machine guns. Final thing to note, I cannot find a photo of the Type 1 Mod. 4; I have seen a few diagrams floating around but that is all.