• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Shadow on The Wall - Work in Progress by Jozef Gatial

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
The B-32 Dominator was supposed to replace the B-17 in the low to medium altitude bomber role in both the European and Pacific theaters (it had been originally developed as a backup to the B-29 but they could never get the pressurisation system to work properly).

Last edited:

PlanesPictures

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
The B-32 Dominator was supposed to replace the B-1`7 in the low to medium altitude bomber role in both the European and Pacific theaters (it had been originally developed as a backup to the B-29 but they could never get the pressurisation system to work properly).
Yes, in
it is black on white. "The Army Air Forces wanted to begin replacing B-17s and B-24s with B-32s in the summer of 1944".

Long years ago I had detailed blueprint of B-32 but it is lost. Can you help me with it

Last edited:

royabulgaf

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
I felt that the B-29 was not suitable for the European battlefield due to its weak armor of the cabin and the tactics of German fighters. Which project should replace the B-17 and B-24 aircraft in the Luft'46 (47, 48) scenes?
I don't know if the United States would have thought of design and manufacturing another heavy bomber design, other than the B-29, to replace either B-17 or B-24, given that it was the second most expensive American program of the war.
I'm under the impression the B-29 would have added another dimension to the plight of the Luftwaffe come 1944/1945, what with its higher speed, longer range, operational altitude and heavier bombload.

P.S. grated, the Luftwaffe had more capable air defences than the Japanese...

Regards
Pioneer
Consider the second iteration of the Martin XB-33. Slightly smaller than the Superfortress, about the same speed, but could fly at a higher altitude.