SAAB Project 1418

Oh...it would be nice Xmas greeting card

Jozef, great pictures as usual! B)
But can someone give me any info about this project?
I presume, this is a STOL-aircraft ???

As always beautiful work Jozeph.
An inspiration to many, especially me.
Always look forward to seeing your work.

Many thanks
Peter

That Viking looks familiar...
Are these Swedes NFL fans? ;D

The same picture again but now textures are with all layers. Sorry

Attachments

• Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 542
I know you have many many ideas, but you are too busy. ;)

Now I have "holiday" and I want to finish a lot of projects but all good new ideas are welcomed, too

AeroFranz said:

If anyone is looking for a cool Swedish Air Force squadron insignia you can't do better than the ghost of 1 Division, F 10 Wing which has been incorporated into the styling of the Koenigsegg super car as their factory is based in the old squadron buildings.

Attachments

• F10-14-J20-1div.jpg
    F10-14-J20-1div.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 135
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 126
  • ccr_logo.jpg
    ccr_logo.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 119
  • F10-1divDekal.jpg
    F10-1divDekal.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 256
Is there a 3-view drawing available - I'd like to consider a scratch build model of it. I'd also love more info on the design etc if available.

Regards,

Greg

Last year I got quite a number of Saab project drawings from boxlite,
including the 1418. I'm just still digging fot the source, which he quite
probably told me. Will add this, when I've found it ...

Attachments

• Saab Projekt 1418.gif
    Saab Projekt 1418.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 276
I hope this could help, too

Attachments

• Saab1418_OrthoFront.jpg
    Saab1418_OrthoFront.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Saab1418_OrthoRight.jpg
    Saab1418_OrthoRight.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Saab1418_OrthoTop.jpg
    Saab1418_OrthoTop.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 269
What short undercarriage. Appears almost insectile in its stance.

Jemiba said:
Last year I got quite a number of Saab project drawings from boxlite,
including the 1418. I'm just still digging fot the source, which he quite
probably told me. Will add this, when I've found it ...

To shorten your search I would like to help you ;). The tongue-twisting title of the brochure is

Saab 37 Viggen. Utvecklingen av ett nytt enhetsflygplan för det svenska flygvapnet 1952-1971 by Krister Karling (ISBN 9163123959)

I hope this is last update of this picture but in Carrara 7 Pro is internal error in rendering transparent materials (lost object behind it) but I found small trick how to improve it

Attachments

• Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 239
Pardon my ignorance, was Projekt 1418 a design that was considered for the Saab 37 Viggen? I love Jozef's CGI renderings, but it would be nice to have dates or biographies about the designs. Especially if there is not a thread about the aircraft elsewhere in the forum.

Abraham Gubler said:
AeroFranz said:

If anyone is looking for a cool Swedish Air Force squadron insignia you can't do better than the ghost of 1 Division, F 10 Wing which has been incorporated into the styling of the Koenigsegg super car as their factory is based in the old squadron buildings.

That's cool. Thank you for sharing Abraham. I was wondering where that symbol had come from and why it was on the back of the car. Interesting too that Koenigsegg and a group Norwegian investors have signed a letter of intent to purchase Saab Automobile from General Motors on June 11, 2009. The sale is expected to close in September.

Triton said:
Pardon my ignorance, was Projekt 1418 a design that was considered for the Saab 37 Viggen? I love Jozef's CGI renderings, but it would be nice to have dates or biographies about the designs. Especially if there is not a thread about the aircraft elsewhere in the forum.

Abraham Gubler said:
AeroFranz said:

That's cool. Thank you for sharing Abraham. I was wondering where that symbol had come from and why it was on the back of the car. Interesting too that Koenigsegg and a group Norwegian investors have signed a letter of intent to purchase Saab Automobile from General Motors on June 11, 2009. The sale is expected to close in September.
Hope they get enough money, the government sure doesn't want to help.

Triton said:

In general - yes. It was one of the many iterations that led to the Viggen. I think that from the series 1400 the 1400-10 and this 1400-18 were the most studied and preferred designs.