• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

SAAB Project 1418

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
977
Reaction score
481
Long waiting for airshow
 

Attachments

  • Saab Project 1418 sc00.jpg
    Saab Project 1418 sc00.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 936

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
9,047
Reaction score
874
Oh...it would be nice Xmas greeting card
 

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
2,569
You realize many engineer's dreams!
 

elider

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
2
Thank you Jozef. I always admire and enjoy your work very much.
 

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
977
Reaction score
481
Secret of Saab 1418 in action
 

Attachments

  • Saab Project 1418 sc01.jpg
    Saab Project 1418 sc01.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 747

fightingirish

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
2,379
Reaction score
687
Jozef, great pictures as usual! B)
But can someone give me any info about this project?
I presume, this is a STOL-aircraft ???
 

ucon

ACCESS: Top Secret
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
551
Reaction score
83
Website
www.avicopress.ru
Hi, dear Jozef!
Nice pic, but is it an emergency start or georgeans preparing shashlyk?)))
Too many flames
Best regards, Ucon
 

Flitzer

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
23
As always beautiful work Jozeph.
An inspiration to many, especially me.
Always look forward to seeing your work.

Many thanks
Peter
 

AeroFranz

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
161
That Viking looks familiar...
Are these Swedes NFL fans? ;D
 

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
977
Reaction score
481
The same picture again but now textures are with all layers. Sorry
 

Attachments

  • Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 497

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
2,569
I know you have many many ideas, but you are too busy. ;)
 

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
977
Reaction score
481
Now I have "holiday" and I want to finish a lot of projects but all good new ideas are welcomed, too
 

Abraham Gubler

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
3,555
Reaction score
163
AeroFranz said:
That Viking looks familiar...
Are these Swedes NFL fans? ;D

If anyone is looking for a cool Swedish Air Force squadron insignia you can't do better than the ghost of 1 Division, F 10 Wing which has been incorporated into the styling of the Koenigsegg super car as their factory is based in the old squadron buildings.
 

Attachments

  • F10-14-J20-1div.jpg
    F10-14-J20-1div.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 106
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 111
  • ccr_logo.jpg
    ccr_logo.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 105
  • F10-1divDekal.jpg
    F10-1divDekal.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 225

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
2,998
Reaction score
496
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Is there a 3-view drawing available - I'd like to consider a scratch build model of it. I'd also love more info on the design etc if available.

Regards,

Greg
 

Jemiba

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
8,228
Reaction score
940
Last year I got quite a number of Saab project drawings from boxlite,
including the 1418. I'm just still digging fot the source, which he quite
probably told me. Will add this, when I've found it ...
 

Attachments

  • Saab Projekt 1418.gif
    Saab Projekt 1418.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 238

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
977
Reaction score
481
I hope this could help, too
 

Attachments

  • Saab1418_OrthoFront.jpg
    Saab1418_OrthoFront.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Saab1418_OrthoRight.jpg
    Saab1418_OrthoRight.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Saab1418_OrthoTop.jpg
    Saab1418_OrthoTop.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 222

Rickshaw

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
2,023
Reaction score
106
What short undercarriage. Appears almost insectile in its stance.
 

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
847
Reaction score
146
Jemiba said:
Last year I got quite a number of Saab project drawings from boxlite,
including the 1418. I'm just still digging fot the source, which he quite
probably told me. Will add this, when I've found it ...

To shorten your search I would like to help you ;). The tongue-twisting title of the brochure is

Saab 37 Viggen. Utvecklingen av ett nytt enhetsflygplan för det svenska flygvapnet 1952-1971 by Krister Karling (ISBN 9163123959)
 

PlanesPictures

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
977
Reaction score
481
I hope this is last update of this picture but in Carrara 7 Pro is internal error in rendering transparent materials (lost object behind it) but I found small trick how to improve it
 

Attachments

  • Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    Saab 1418_vsc0.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 182

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
9,719
Reaction score
503
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
Pardon my ignorance, was Projekt 1418 a design that was considered for the Saab 37 Viggen? I love Jozef's CGI renderings, but it would be nice to have dates or biographies about the designs. Especially if there is not a thread about the aircraft elsewhere in the forum.

Abraham Gubler said:
AeroFranz said:
That Viking looks familiar...
Are these Swedes NFL fans? ;D

If anyone is looking for a cool Swedish Air Force squadron insignia you can't do better than the ghost of 1 Division, F 10 Wing which has been incorporated into the styling of the Koenigsegg super car as their factory is based in the old squadron buildings.

That's cool. Thank you for sharing Abraham. I was wondering where that symbol had come from and why it was on the back of the car. Interesting too that Koenigsegg and a group Norwegian investors have signed a letter of intent to purchase Saab Automobile from General Motors on June 11, 2009. The sale is expected to close in September.
 

Hammer Birchgrove

ACCESS: Top Secret
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
583
Reaction score
7
Triton said:
Pardon my ignorance, was Projekt 1418 a design that was considered for the Saab 37 Viggen? I love Jozef's CGI renderings, but it would be nice to have dates or biographies about the designs. Especially if there is not a thread about the aircraft elsewhere in the forum.

Abraham Gubler said:
AeroFranz said:
That Viking looks familiar...
Are these Swedes NFL fans? ;D

If anyone is looking for a cool Swedish Air Force squadron insignia you can't do better than the ghost of 1 Division, F 10 Wing which has been incorporated into the styling of the Koenigsegg super car as their factory is based in the old squadron buildings.

That's cool. Thank you for sharing Abraham. I was wondering where that symbol had come from and why it was on the back of the car. Interesting too that Koenigsegg and a group Norwegian investors have signed a letter of intent to purchase Saab Automobile from General Motors on June 11, 2009. The sale is expected to close in September.
Hope they get enough money, the government sure doesn't want to help.
 

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
116
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
Triton said:
Pardon my ignorance, was Projekt 1418 a design that was considered for the Saab 37 Viggen? I love Jozef's CGI renderings, but it would be nice to have dates or biographies about the designs. Especially if there is not a thread about the aircraft elsewhere in the forum.

In general - yes. It was one of the many iterations that led to the Viggen. I think that from the series 1400 the 1400-10 and this 1400-18 were the most studied and preferred designs.
 

Hammer Birchgrove

ACCESS: Top Secret
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
583
Reaction score
7
Is it just me who thinks it looks like a B-58 Hustler but without two engines and the fuel- and bombpod?
 

Similar threads

Top