Seems to be a time passing for many great historians et al. Why now I do not know but, RIP indeed Sir.

RIP...

Here is the small biography of Mikhail Maslov (from Helion & Company page):
Mikhail Maslov was born in 1954 in Mary, Turkmenistan, at that time a part of the Soviet Union. His aviation career started during his school years when he became interested in aviation history and began building aircraft models. Mikhail graduated from the Moscow Aviation Institute (University) and worked as an engineer at the Tupolev Design Bureau, participating in the development of the Tu-204 airliner, and later at the Central Aero and Hydrodynamics Institute (TsAGI) as researcher. However, his passion for aviation history prevailed and in 1992 he transferred to the TsaGI museum in Moscow where he began his historical research. Since the beginning of the 1990s Mikhail has been actively involved in the restoration of Soviet aircraft to flying condition, and has participated in building I-153, I-16, MiG-3 and Po-2 planes. He has written more than 20 books and a large number of articles on the history of early Soviet aviation, which have been published in Russia as well as in the UK, France, Germany, and USA. Mikhail has three children and lives in Moscow.

Some books of Mikhail Maslov:

Attachments

• RusAero.jpg
    RusAero.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SB.jpg
    SB.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 6
  • helion1000354.jpg
    helion1000354.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 7
  • helion1001032.jpg