Raytheon Coyote interceptors

Isn't it simpler to use something akin to APKWS?

Does APKWS have the kinematics to engage a manouevring target? It's basically a straight-line weapon with course-correction, rather than a dogfight weapon.

I thought that thing got cancelled. (2.75" LG rocket.) :confused:
There was a laser-guided Zuni (5" rocket) as well but no idea if it ever went into production.

The original APKWS was cancelled, but 70mm APKWS II is fielded and operational in fairly large numbers (tens of thousands of rounds procured).

That's great to hear. When I read it was cancelled (must have been an old article talking about the first phase) it blew my mind that they'd cancel a mod that was so simple with so much bang for the buck.

That's great to hear. When I read it was cancelled (must have been an old article talking about the first phase) it blew my mind that they'd cancel a mod that was so simple with so much bang for the buck.

Turns out the original Raytheon version didn't work very well. The new version seems much better.

There are a couple others out there as well. DAGR is a Hellfire-compatible system (4 DAGR for one Hellfire). LOGIR has imaging IR instead of semi-active laser homing, ideal for engaging small boat swarms.

Those will be handy for shooting down the likes of Shaheed drones.
Think these are for ground attacks (there was video of one firing 2 rockets at a Russian position in a tree break recently, alomg with danger close video from Ukrainian's who were 50 yards away from impact. The unit seem does not have a laser or E/O turret to guide the rockets, relying on designation from another source. This is quite different from the Vampire version that has the launcher and E/O turret mounted onboard.

Think these are for ground attacks (there was video of one firing 2 rockets at a Russian position in a tree break recently, alomg with danger close video from Ukrainian's who were 50 yards away from impact. The unit seem does not have a laser or E/O turret to guide the rockets, relying on designation from another source. This is quite different from the Vampire version that has the launcher and E/O turret mounted onboard.
.yes familiar w that scene and had pointed out is another thread how these things were provided for for AD and were instead apparently being used for ground atk.

.yes familiar w that scene and had pointed out is another thread how these things were provided for for AD and were instead apparently being used for ground atk.
Different vehicles. The Vampire were on commercial pickups. This is something else, its using the same rocket pod but mounted on a HMMVW.

Different vehicles. The Vampire were on commercial pickups. This is something else, its using the same rocket pod but mounted on a HMMVW.
Needs to be pointed out that that type of HMMVW?

The bed is basically within commercial pickup truck dimensions with all the same hook up points in roughly the same area and the like.

Basically since the Vampire rig can fit in multiple different models of full size pickups it be able to fit in a HMMVW no issue.

So you cannot use the vehicle it mount on to tell you if its the same or not.

Especially since going by L3harris site you can remove the E/O turret for use as a dumb rocket slinger...

Vampire, and all it controversy has been in the press for sometime but the above is the only and recent press of the ground attack. This new Ukr capability never made the regular defense press nor ADefense's media website.