Picture on The Wall

30 years ago I have painted this oil on canvas for son of my cousin. It was "computed" on calculator HP with 50 programming steps. She later donated it for young son of her good family friends. And today that now young man found me on net

Attachments

• gatial 1984.jpg
    gatial 1984.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 692
Hey PlanesPictures!

Great Work - as always! Do you have any pics in an higher resolution of this Douglas Destroyer? I love this plane.
Best Regards
Athpilot

This model was rendered in PovRay with some special features and I don't know if my actual PovRay's version will be able to render it. In all cases this is one from hot candidate for migration in Vue

When a few days ago I found on net new picture of TSR.2 I was surprised with made details. And only now I found how it was painted

Attachments

• TSR2_sc4.jpg
    TSR2_sc4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 575
  • TSR 2 Dash 2 small.jpg
    TSR 2 Dash 2 small.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 585
Never understood why somebody would steal someone's artwork and claim it as their own.

:eek:
The artist in question is Peter van Stigt
https://www.facebook.com/PeterVanStigtAviationArtist
He uses photoshop and pictures he find around the internet to make his pictures.
Unfortunately he doesn't always credit his sources.
Send him an email to ask him to remove that image he used without permission, I think he will understand. ( since it really looks crappy compared to yours and what he does now)

Cheers,

Rob

Another one, Jozef: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/lightning-and-tsr2-peter-van-stigt.html
And is this based on your images too?: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-succesfull-failure-part-one-peter-van-stigt.html

Peter van Stigt has stolen images from many, many artists and photographers. It really makes me furious :mad:

Yes some images are really nice because (1) the base image he uses was really nice already and (2) because he spends so little time on making "his" "art" "work" (note the abundance of quotes...) he's gotten rather good at copy-pasting stuff together.

Here are other samples of his fraud - go to post #319 and further:
http://www.military-meshes.com/forum/showthread.php?5025-Republic-P-47C-Razorback

And don't think he is a foolish kid who doesn't know what he's doing... he's a mature man and knows exactly what he's doing. Check what he writes here: http://www.airfighters.com/page.php?id=48
When you stay true to your own creative ideas, you don’t rip off images from others and finally don’t simply apply the principle of ‘copy/paste’, an e-painting can be a very artistic and powerful medium.
Well it's obvious that this is exactly what he is doing. And he makes money by selling prints through Fine Art America.

Disgusting conduct all-round. I think it may be a good idea to compile a list of artists and photographers who's work he has abused, and collectively take him to court. The evidence if overwhelming, it will be a pretty serious case.

What to do?

I let him link that better solution will be cooperation. I will see.

Given the large financial losses in the rendered image I have about burnout and I'm not able to bring to life 30-50 models of excellent projects.

By the way, do you know this plane?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 47
Another victim, our own Marek Rys.

Attachments

• hustler-peter-van-stigt.jpg
    hustler-peter-van-stigt.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 12190394_10204700513502770_2114204399_o.jpg
    12190394_10204700513502770_2114204399_o.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 12200674_10204700526703100_1099551155_n.jpg
    12200674_10204700526703100_1099551155_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 69
Jozef, yes it's very off-putting these sort of thefts. Why bother investing hundreds of hours if people are just gonna steal it one evening and claim it theirs.
That's why I always upload small images. But even those aren't always safe. It really is time this guy is brought to justice. It would send a good message to others too, as he is not the only one. I have a whole database of these crooks by now, still waiting for the moment they'll foolishly grab an image of mine...! :mad:

PlanesPictures said:
Hmm... not sure! Tell us! :)

Small correction of sent picture. For now secret but it will be one from my top and it will be book on it, too

What you send on net it is lost.

Law, morality, decency up today do not wear. But I'll be happy when thou attempt to do something

Attachments

• small-correction.jpg
    small-correction.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 46
PlanesPictures said:
Not by definition, only if you don't take any action is it lost. Copyright is yours and you can prove it, that's undisputed. Same with the countless other images. But this should be discussed further off-board, I think, for various reasons.

Let's better enjoy your images here :)
Very curious about your new subject. I reckon it's a 1960s design... Are those a Bullpup and a sidewinder? F-111A?

PlanesPictures said:
What to do?

I let him link that better solution will be cooperation. I will see.

Given the large financial losses in the rendered image I have about burnout and I'm not able to bring to life 30-50 models of excellent projects.

F-111?

Skyraider3D said:
PlanesPictures said:
Not by definition, only if you don't take any action is it lost. Copyright is yours and you can prove it, that's undisputed. Same with the countless other images. But this should be discussed further off-board, I think, for various reasons.

Let's better enjoy your images here :)
Very curious about your new subject. I reckon it's a 1960s design... Are those a Bullpup and a sidewinder? F-111A?

Hi Ronnie ;)

PlanesPictures said:
Small correction of sent picture. For now secret but it will be one from my top and it will be book on it, too

Law, morality, decency up today do not wear. But I'll be happy when thou attempt to do something

the YF-12 ?

third view on the same plane. It seems you have to wait while I finish it and my friend will release book on it.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 210