Picture on The Wall

I had some experiences with Vue years ago, but remember, that its renderer was a little bit slow. How it works in newest version?

On my old computer I wasn't able to render real scenes in Vue, too. I have used Carrara with very fast renderer (but they used some tricks (they used some type of global ambience as as global illumination or radiosity) and in some cases result was very poor. As background I have used mainly photos, from photos I have done .hdri image for backdrop and all process was very fast (in era of cooperation with Contantin Udalov we produced one picture per day. Vue has its (EXCELLENT) clouds generator and outdoor rendering could be more realistic (reflection of real clouds and terrain, etc.) but payment is speed. Last versions are faster but this is really not software for smaller comp. But as usually they are other subject problem - for example I prefer very detailed textures with rivets, etc. Size of one rivet is 3x3 pixels and when you want apply texture on all model its size must be thousands of pixels (6-10 000 pixels). But when I render model in smaller picture (for example 800 pixel width) every applied texture point is computed ~ from 10x10 = 100 pixels from original texture. And certainly this antialiasing is not so perfect as in Photoshop. You lost details and mainly power. Vue supports mipmaps (more copies of original texture in different size applied in different cases) but I didn't test it. For animation I use smaller textures, without bump map, etc. So, Vue has a lot of pluses (newest version 11 will have finally particles, too) and you have to accept it as is. I have done one test when I rendered huge model (M-50) over clouds. Rendering time of M-50 was only 20% from total rendering time of cloud layer. Clouds it is for me main bonus of Vue

do you like similar "artistic" styles?

Attachments

• CL-915_sample_01.jpg
    CL-915_sample_01.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 337
  • CL-915_sample_02.jpg
    CL-915_sample_02.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 301
  • CL-915_sample_03.jpg
    CL-915_sample_03.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 79
  • CL-915_sample_04.jpg
    CL-915_sample_04.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 163
I prefer sample 4. The aircraft is much clearer, and brighter. The background, such as the sky and runway is good and realistic, but not overly dramatic.

1 to 3 are wonderful art of Inpressionism
4 look just perfect in form and style B)

After very long time finally finished next picture - Lockheed CL-400 Suntan

Attachments

• suntan_01.jpg
    suntan_01.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 575
thanks for sharing, Josef!

in previous version I had small error in fuselage texture. Here is correct version (what is really more correct?). I leave here both versions. Two from millions possibilities

Attachments

• suntan_03a.jpg
    suntan_03a.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 299
for me it seems more "classic" from that time. On other side all pictures released on net in full quality are for authors lost without any profit.

PlanesPictures said:
for me it seems more "classic" from that time. On other side all pictures released on net in full quality are for authors lost without any profit.

I was thinking it might be for the "classic" scanned old pic, rather than rendering artifacts, but then where's the discoloration and coffee stains? ;)

Lockheed CL-195 "Sticky fingers" - WIP. I like these heavy horses and you?

Attachments

• CL-195_01.jpg
    CL-195_01.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 1,248
Was that a real design study? That engine configuration raises my interests.

ten engines inside a ring. This is one from three for me known design of CL-195

Attachments

• engines.jpg
    engines.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,093
That's a very cool design. Thanks for sharing your render of it here. :)

So, here is full version of picture rendered with true 3D smoke ready for rendering animation. Enjoy it!

Attachments

• Lockeed CL-400 Suntan.jpg
    Lockeed CL-400 Suntan.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 197
in last time I use for planes rendering mainly software Vue Infinite due to its ability to render realistic countries and clouds. Still pictures - you can repair it in Photoshop but next level are animation. Developers in Vue long years ignored their customers and only in last version is attempt to offer eco-particles as solution for realistic smoke/fire/dust rendering. Longer time I try to do animation of smoke with build-in Python language. It is really hard job mainly due to problems in Vue - as I noted animation finished after 69th frame, when I animated only smoke in one plane it was 138th frame and similar bonuses. But I want to do those animation and it will be certainly long way. I want to use Lockheed Suntan as one from my test-bed for testing these algorithms. I have done first small piece of it ( 14 hours of rendering on 12 threads). Its size is only 1.2 MB but I found only sharing servers to share in Slovak and Czech republic. Let me know if you know good place for free sharing. Your feedback is important for me. I will probably no re-render Suntan animation but your notes I will accept in next development

Attachments

• video01_000042.jpg
    video01_000042.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 88
  • video01_000106.jpg
    video01_000106.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 92
  • video01_000159.jpg
    video01_000159.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 85
some frames from next video. it is clear that for final version it will be useful better motion blur

Attachments

• video02_000337.jpg
    video02_000337.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 110
  • video02_000256.jpg
    video02_000256.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 78
  • video02_000220.jpg
    video02_000220.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 78
  • video02_000208.jpg
    video02_000208.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 75
It is one fatal error on those pictures, do you see it? - in Vue when I switch on parent visibility on/off all childs switch to the same status and when I return by parent to its original status childs don't remember their original status. I started rendering in format better for YouTube. So no storage.

Great, especially the contrails give it the dynamics of inflight footage, even if the
scene is principally a still.

I released my video of NGB on http://youtu.be/qNMyqnvq2es. It is not possible to do video without scenario only with system I'll try do it and I''ll see. Result is then poor and hundreds or thousands of rendering time are lost. In my next attempt I'll try to tell some nice beauty colored story of some other plane

Even for the animation errors, the Video still look cool !

don't discourage because of this

this is my first TSR.2 completely rendered in Vue. After PovRay and Carrara it is third renderer used for rendering this bird

Attachments

• tsr2_01.jpg
    tsr2_01.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,233