Motocar's Cutaway drawings

Continuing with the MiG-3 P-105PF, powered by the Klimov V-12 engine here are the retouched profiles by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • MiG-3 Klimov PF-105PFM.jpg
    MiG-3 Klimov PF-105PFM.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Cutaway MiG-3 from book.jpg
    Cutaway MiG-3 from book.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 123
Cutaway MiG I-360, prototype that would give rise to the first supersonic fighter of the MiG office, its design obeyed the need for an escort fighter for the Tupolev Tu-16 bombers at high altitudes, recognizable by using the horizontal stabilizer in "T", with a teardrop cover a little longer and antenna mast a little further back (later it would be re-positioned more to the front) after intense test flights and after an emergency in which the test pilot lost control by increasing the angle of attack during a flight at high speed and height (the horizontal stabilizer suffered from the phenomenon of aerodynamic shadow) being later re-positioned lower now in the upper part of the rear fuselage, but still had an erratic behavior at high speeds requiring a new re-design where the horizontal stabilizer was incorporated "one piece" baptized with the letter "S", original author the artist Mike Badrocke and modified by Motocar to recreate this little known experimental version, I remind you that this same section exists the modified schematic cut for Recreate the prototype test bed for the RD-9 engines mounted (without afterburners) on a modified MiG-17 fuselage
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway MiG I-360 pre-estreno deriva corregida.jpg
    Cutaway MiG I-360 pre-estreno deriva corregida.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 117
Repost Cutaway Dmitriev X-14 light retouched
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway_Dmitriev_X_14d.jpg
    Cutaway_Dmitriev_X_14d.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 118
Repost Cutaway de Blohm & Voss BV P 211-04 author Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway de Blohm & Voss BV P 211-04 grande - copia.JPG
    Cutaway de Blohm & Voss BV P 211-04 grande - copia.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 105
Repost Cutaway Cessna Ch-1 Skyhook, author Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Cessna Ch-1.gif
    Cutaway Cessna Ch-1.gif
    525.9 KB · Views: 122
Repost Cutaway Scamp Biplane, homemade airplane produced following plans that were acquired, in fact Colombia bought the rights for its manufacture in the country, specifically in an "Agricultural Fumigation" version as an economic solution to the needs of small farmers, the image is not seen in its original post hence I republish it, this drawing was published in the magazine Popular Mechanics author F.C. Wolf in the 70's and retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Scamp Biplano.jpg
    Cutaway Scamp Biplano.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 108
Cutaway Hansa Brandenburg W-12, author Hubert Cance and retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Hansa Brandenburg W-12.jpg
    Cutaway Hansa Brandenburg W-12.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Cutaway Focke Wolf FW-190 A-8, the ground attack version of the effective FW-190A, this came to replace the Ju-87 Stuka in that role due to its great vulnerability to enemy fighters, especially on the Eastern Front, where they were decimated by hundreds of Soviet fighters, it is heavily armed with free-fall bombs arranged in modern launchers, one of up to four bombs in pairs under the fuselage, its cockpit was now more "Bulbous" to allow greater visibility and movements to the pilot when searching for elusive targets on roads, green steppes and forests widely used to hide tanks, artillery, trucks and troops. author Flugzeugclassic.de and retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Focke Wolf FW-190 A-8.jpg
    Cutaway Focke Wolf FW-190 A-8.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 184
A quick apology and clarification, I felt the need to repost some drawings after making minor tweaks to improve them. Thanks.
 
Cutaway McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier Mini CAS author original Aviagraphica in Provisional interpretation by Motocar and blueprint by Jens Baganz & Steve Richardson
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway AV-8B Mini CAS by Motocar.jpg
    Cutaway AV-8B Mini CAS by Motocar.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • Cutaway AV-8B Mini CAS by Motocar.jpg
    Cutaway AV-8B Mini CAS by Motocar.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Cutaway Martin M-130 China Clipper author unknow I've been searching for this elusive schematic cutaway for many years. If any of my friends and fans of schematic cutaways could share it in a better resolution, I'd be very grateful. Motocar
 

Attachments

  • bMQd2r1h.jpg
    bMQd2r1h.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 189

Attachments

  • Cutaway SNCASO  9000-01 Trident.jpg
    Cutaway SNCASO 9000-01 Trident.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Cutaway SNCASO 9050-2.gif
    Cutaway SNCASO 9050-2.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Cutaway SNECMA M53 A long time ago a forum follower requested the SNECMA M53 cutaway, until today I found one with reasonable image quality (not as much as I would have liked) and I'm sharing it with you.
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway SNECMA M53.jpg
    Cutaway SNECMA M53.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Cutaway Rutan LongEZ, author unreadable and retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Rutan LongEze grande.jpg
    Cutaway Rutan LongEze grande.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Cutaway Rutan LongEZ reducido.jpg
    Cutaway Rutan LongEZ reducido.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 115
Repost Cutaway MiG-15SB, author Aviagraphica and modified by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway MiG-15SB.jpg
    Cutaway MiG-15SB.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 97
Repost Cutaway Dassault M.D. 550 "Mirage I", and new retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Dassault M.D.-550 Mirage I.jpg
    Cutaway Dassault M.D.-550 Mirage I.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 96
Cutaway Specultive General Dynamics F-111B, author Mike Badrocke and modified by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • generaldynamic_F-111b (2).jpg
    generaldynamic_F-111b (2).jpg
    652 KB · Views: 89
Cutaway Specultive General Dynamics F-111B, author Mike Badrocke and modified by Motocar
When you are posting drawings done by others and modified by yourself, would you please explain what modifications you have made or perhaps post the original alongside.
 
When you are posting drawings done by others and modified by yourself, would you please explain what modifications you have made or perhaps post the original alongside.
It's fair, but a description would be too complicated and unhelpful to appreciate Motocar's work. I suggest publishing the original along with the modified drawing, although only an expert would be able to find the differences in some cases. Perhaps colored parts could be used.
 
It's fair, but a description would be too complicated and unhelpful to appreciate Motocar's work. I suggest publishing the original along with the modified drawing, although only an expert would be able to find the differences in some cases. Perhaps colored parts could be used.
I think an explanation of the general logic of why and how modifications are made would be *extremely* instructional for this forum. And, no offense to you, Justo, but I would like to read/learn from Motocar *directly*, rather than your second hand interpretation/speculation.
 
When you are posting drawings done by others and modified by yourself, would you please explain what modifications you have made or perhaps post the original alongside.

Your comment is valid, although in many cases the changes are obvious, as in this case of the General Dynamics/Grumman F-111B, but in other modifications it is not possible because several existing sections are used as donors to create a non-existent model, it is based on knowing, for example, the type of engine used both as a donor and for the proportions of the drawing itself. Note that it is a quick way to obtain a result just for the pleasure of giving a schematic section to those who do not have it. I can assure you that I have brought smiles to the faces of millions of people who look at these modest works, made to educate and without any profit motive.

The most visible changes are: Shortened nose, with installation of the F-14 radar, Phoenix missiles and storage under the fuselage and in the hard points under the wings, a quick cut without complications. Thank you for your comment or criticism, always welcome.
 

Attachments

  • 5c271f6444132adaf5ad433e867e7613 - copia.jpg
    5c271f6444132adaf5ad433e867e7613 - copia.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 81
I think an explanation of the general logic of why and how modifications are made would be *extremely* instructional for this forum. And, no offense to you, Justo, but I would like to read/learn from Motocar *directly*, rather than your second hand interpretation/speculation.
I remember the first modification made in 2011 to a request and question about what the MiG-19PF would look like, for which I photocopied WEAL's work, erased the original with type and hand-drew the Izurud two-disc radar, accompanied by the AA-1 Alkali missile. Years later, a friend of this forum shared with me Mike Badrocke's schematic cut, a gem of artistic technique.
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway-Mi-G-19-PM-mi-primera-modificacion.jpg
    Cutaway-Mi-G-19-PM-mi-primera-modificacion.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 88
It's fair, but a description would be too complicated and unhelpful to appreciate Motocar's work. I suggest publishing the original along with the modified drawing, although only an expert would be able to find the differences in some cases. Perhaps colored parts could be used.

Thanks for the very valuable comment. Although I wouldn't want it to turn into a "See the differences?" question. Some people take the patience to appreciate the small or large changes at a glance, while others will enjoy that cut they hadn't seen before. Regards, Justo.
 
Thanks for the very valuable comment. Although I wouldn't want it to turn into a "See the differences?" question. Some people take the patience to appreciate the small or large changes at a glance, while others will enjoy that cut they hadn't seen before. Regards, Justo.
Motorcar, I highly appreciate and admire your oeuvre.
 
I think an explanation of the general logic of why and how modifications are made would be *extremely* instructional for this forum. And, no offense to you, Justo, but I would like to read/learn from Motocar *directly*, rather than your second hand interpretation/speculation.

Brief explanation to why?... It happens that there are dozens or hundreds of aircraft that lack a cutaway or interpretation, starting from there I began as I said before to answer that question from a follower in another forum. As I showed, I started with the retouching of the Mig-19, then I accessed little by little and only to understand available tools to make those versions of aircraft that did not have a schematic cut a reality, the fastest and most natural line was to recreate two-seater versions of, for example, the Dassault Mirage IIIB, then they were more complex aircraft that simply did not have a deserved drawing and starting from known data I began to recreate those aircraft, I also completed the lost areas in paper printing or by poor quality scans, with leftovers and pages distorted by curves, from there to move on to make some originals and other more complex modifications, case of Cutaway Moshier Aurora 400, el IUPFAN Mapanare, Zambrano Bocono I including the first "private" rocket, a project by Engineer Truax.
You have to use a lot of imagination, investigate known data, read carefully in search of clues that give credibility to the work being done, otherwise I will say a speculative schematic cut. Greetings martinbayer and thanks for listening.
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Truax X-3 Volksrocket-Enterprise vertical.jpg
    Cutaway Truax X-3 Volksrocket-Enterprise vertical.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Copia-de-Cutaway-avi-n-Zambrano-Bocono-final.jpg
    Copia-de-Cutaway-avi-n-Zambrano-Bocono-final.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Cutaway-IUPFAN-Mapanare-Final-a-color-copia.jpg
    Cutaway-IUPFAN-Mapanare-Final-a-color-copia.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Cutaway Moshier Aurora 400 con infografia.JPG
    Cutaway Moshier Aurora 400 con infografia.JPG
    572.3 KB · Views: 91
The most visible changes are: Shortened nose, with installation of the F-14 radar, Phoenix missiles and storage under the fuselage and in the hard points under the wings, a quick cut without complications. Thank you for your comment or criticism, always welcome.
Thank you - this is perfect
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway PG-I schematic.jpg
    Cutaway PG-I schematic.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Cutaway Van`s VR-15, shared from flyingmag and retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Cutaway Van`s VR-15 ..jpg
    Cutaway Van`s VR-15 ..jpg
    283 KB · Views: 63
  • Cutaway Van`s VR-15 . - copia.jpg
    Cutaway Van`s VR-15 . - copia.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 74
Repost Cutaway Dassault Mirage G-8 published in Aviation Magazine author Jean Perard and retouched by Motocar
 

Attachments

  • Copia (4) de CutawayMarcel Dassault Mirage G prototype - Aviation Magazine International - No.jpg
    Copia (4) de CutawayMarcel Dassault Mirage G prototype - Aviation Magazine International - No.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 104

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom