Mirage 4000

TinWing

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
893
Reaction score
102
The following dimension drawing was apparently scanned from the flight manual for the Dassault Mirage 4000.
 

Attachments

  • plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,476

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
13,246
Reaction score
6,523
http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents-docex/Iraq/Audio-transcripts/ISGQ-2003-M0008110_TRANS.pdf

Confirmation of Iraqi interest in the Mirage 4000, from recently released transcripts of a conversation with Saddam Hussein.
 

Archibald

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
6,189
Reaction score
4,653
According to le Fana de l'aviation, an Iraqi delegation come to Istres flight test center on 6 December 1979. Jean Marie Saget made an impressive demo this day.
 

alanqua

I dunno if she's the wife of my life
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
103
Reaction score
233
Hello Folks,

(my name is Alain Ratinaud and this is the first time I'm posting a topic, although I've been watching the forum for a long time)
Here are some drawings I made a long time ago on the Mirage 4000, enjoy!
- 1 3 view plan of the prototype in white blue and red colors
- 1 profil in gray
- 1 profil in sand colors
- 1 possible profile of Arabian Saudi

Regards
Alain
 

Attachments

  • Mirage 4000 - Profil AR - gris.jpg
    Mirage 4000 - Profil AR - gris.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 2,158
  • Mirage 4000 - RSAF alain.jpg
    Mirage 4000 - RSAF alain.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 2,065
  • Tableau_3_Vues.jpg
    Tableau_3_Vues.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Tableau_Profil_Sable.jpg
    Tableau_Profil_Sable.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 1,895

Antonio

Moderator
Staff member
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,608
Reaction score
459
Alain Ratinaud?, You made that "Mirage Mach3" for LeFana (last March or April issue I think)?

Wellcome on board and thanks a lot for this beautiful drawings :)

Antonio
 

alanqua

I dunno if she's the wife of my life
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
103
Reaction score
233
Oh gosh, you found me!
Yes, some of my work have been published in le Fana de l'Aviation, and also in Air Power Magazine, for this nice M4000.
I thank you for welcoming me, cheers!
For the main drawing I posted, I used many pictures taken on the reconditioned prototype esposed at Le Bourget. So I guess it is quite accurate. The other profiles were made thanks to pictures we got from Dassault and other sources.
I will share other parts of my work, it's always good to share.
As for the Mirage Mach 3, it's still on the workbench...

Regards
Alain
 

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
9,223
Reaction score
1,568
Alain, thank you very much for sharing this beautiful stuff! I remember your works in Air Power magazine - your profiles are really looks 'alive'.
 

alanqua

I dunno if she's the wife of my life
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
103
Reaction score
233
thank you flateric!
Air Power Magazine is a terrific magazine and I'd like to work with them again.
I'm pretty satisfied having found my own style... after all, everything is matter of style.

Regards
Alain
 

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
14,238
Reaction score
2,820
So. . .do you have any info on the Mach 3 Mirage project that you can share? :)
 

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
5,185
Reaction score
1,922
Bon jour et bienvenu dans le Forum, Alain Ratinaud ;D

Cool drawings !

in near Future i Want open new Thread about Ringwings (french SNECMA C450 "Coléoptère") from BTZ
You got some Info and Drawings ???
 

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
13,246
Reaction score
6,523
Scott, Alexis Rocher has written an article on the Mach 3 Mirage for publishing before Christmas in Fana.
 

Archibald

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
6,189
Reaction score
4,653
Welcome! We have now la fine fleur of the french writers and designers here ;D

Seriously, Alanqua and Mirage 4000 will help linking this forum to Le Fana de l'aviation magazine. And this is precious...
 

MIRAGE 4000

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
17
Alanqua !!!!! :D
You ? here !!! ;D

Let me introduce my old friend, Alanqua !!!!! :)

Before Dassault Mach3/Mach 4 fighters programs, the SO 4060. 8 pages on the story of this "French F-4 Phantom" ... with Alanqua drawings ...

Alanqua, could you publish here your "what if" ... (I think to the S67)


Carry on Alanqua !!!! 8)
 

Archibald

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
6,189
Reaction score
4,653
Alanqua's SO-4060 profiles... something to be seen...
 

alanqua

I dunno if she's the wife of my life
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
103
Reaction score
233
Yes, it's on the workbench too.
But I cannot talk too much on what is not yet published.
If you want more information, my friend Mirage 4000 is the decision maker and can talk about it (he is the author of the articles, I'm the illustrator).

Regards
alain
 

TinWing

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
893
Reaction score
102
According to this article, the Mirage 4000 was still being marketed as late as 2005:

Hindustan Times said:
Target locked: IAF aims for Mirage 4000

Drimi Chaudhuri

Kolkata, December 3, 2005
The Defence Ministry might be on the lookout for a new Air Superiority Fighter (ASF) aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF) but it is not going to be the US F-16. According to a senior official in the ministry, the government has zeroed in on Mirage 4000, manufactured by Dassault Bréguet of France.
Sources said that senior officials from both the Defence Ministry and the IAF had already checked out Mirage 4000 and had expressed satisfaction on its performance and the features provided by the French manufacturer. "A suitable quotation has been received from Dassault Bréguet and since the IAF has already used Mirage 2000, the latest from the Mirage stable is gaining over F-16," sources added.
The ASFs being considered are Mirage 4000 and Saab Gripen from Sweden apart from Sukhoi-30 and the upgraded version of MiG-29 from Russia. "Mirage, however, is providing added features," sources said.
All this was happening even in March this year when Lockheed Martin from the US, the maker of F-16, was busy making presentations to senior IAF officials, and in November when COPE-India 2005, the Indo-US joint military exercises, was on at the Kalaikunda Air Force Station. Sources, however, said that despite PowerPoint presentations and speculations from various quarters, the Government is not keen on buying F-16s because the aircraft is familiar to Pakistan’s. "Chances of F-16 bagging the deal are not much because the IAF plans to buy an aircraft which Pakistan and other neighbours have not used," said a defence expert.
Although India is satisfied with its arsenal of MiG-29 and Sukhoi-30, it wants an alternative to Russia-developed aircraft in case there are problems in acquiring spare hardware. "India does not want to suffer like it did with the MiG after the end of the Soviet era. It difficult to buy spares since most of its earlier defence deals were with the USSR and not with individual firms.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1563380,0008.htm
 

MIRAGE 4000

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
17
??????????????
Mirage 4000 ?
I think it's a big, big fake ! ; :eek:
Mirage 4000 is at the museum....
 

shivering

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
67
Reaction score
1
MIRAGE 4000 said:
Think Dassault doesnt want to sell the Rafale to India ....

Why? I would think the extra sales would benefit both France and India.....

And speaking purely from a fanboy p.o.v., I think the French threw away
a wonderful plane in the Mirage 4000. It certainly could have been the
equal of the Flanker and the F-15.
 

Deino

Moderator
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
1,130
alanqua said:
.... I will share other parts of my work, it's always good to share.
As for the Mirage Mach 3, it's still on the workbench...
...


Many THANKs for sharing these brilliant profiles, but let me add one question, especially as it's quitte difficult (if not impossible) to obtain a copy of "le Fana de l'Aviation" in Germany ... any idea, when this "le Fana de l'Aviation"-issue is planed to be released ???

Cheers, Deino
 

Archibald

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
6,189
Reaction score
4,653
TinWing said:
According to this article, the Mirage 4000 was still being marketed as late as 2005:

Hindustan Times said:
Target locked: IAF aims for Mirage 4000

Drimi Chaudhuri

Kolkata, December 3, 2005
The Defence Ministry might be on the lookout for a new Air Superiority Fighter (ASF) aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF) but it is not going to be the US F-16. According to a senior official in the ministry, the government has zeroed in on Mirage 4000, manufactured by Dassault Bréguet of France.
Sources said that senior officials from both the Defence Ministry and the IAF had already checked out Mirage 4000 and had expressed satisfaction on its performance and the features provided by the French manufacturer. "A suitable quotation has been received from Dassault Bréguet and since the IAF has already used Mirage 2000, the latest from the Mirage stable is gaining over F-16," sources added.
The ASFs being considered are Mirage 4000 and Saab Gripen from Sweden apart from Sukhoi-30 and the upgraded version of MiG-29 from Russia. "Mirage, however, is providing added features," sources said.
All this was happening even in March this year when Lockheed Martin from the US, the maker of F-16, was busy making presentations to senior IAF officials, and in November when COPE-India 2005, the Indo-US joint military exercises, was on at the Kalaikunda Air Force Station. Sources, however, said that despite PowerPoint presentations and speculations from various quarters, the Government is not keen on buying F-16s because the aircraft is familiar to Pakistan’s. "Chances of F-16 bagging the deal are not much because the IAF plans to buy an aircraft which Pakistan and other neighbours have not used," said a defence expert.
Although India is satisfied with its arsenal of MiG-29 and Sukhoi-30, it wants an alternative to Russia-developed aircraft in case there are problems in acquiring spare hardware. "India does not want to suffer like it did with the MiG after the end of the Soviet era. It difficult to buy spares since most of its earlier defence deals were with the USSR and not with individual firms.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1563380,0008.htm

Think this has been discussed at the key forum and dismissed as a typo of the author of the article (4000 instead of 2000).
As it has been said before, the 4000 is at museum for 20 years now, and Rafale already doesn't sold abroad (to the point that 2000 production has been stopped two years ago to make room for the Rafale).
I'll be glad to see a modern 4000 with EJ-200 engines (same power as the M-53, but much lighter and shorter... what an aircraft it would be!)
 

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
9,223
Reaction score
1,568
July 2004 SNECMA Magazine with Don Siegel's article on Mirage 4000
http://www.safran-group.com/IMG/pdf/1SNEMAG006_ENG_baf.pdf
 

kulus

I really should change my personal text
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Mhh.. very strange production line for the 4000 Mirage have long since canceled.
It was 70 years of technology ;)
 

toura

ACCESS: Top Secret
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
1,205
Reaction score
126
HI kulus
Mirage 4000 studies 1976
First flight march 09 1979
mach 2 april 11 1979
At the "Musée de l'air" since 1992
 

Stargazer2006

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
13,226
Reaction score
773
A full-page advertisement published in Aviation Magazine International n°759, dated August 1-14, 1979:
 

Attachments

  • AviMag 759 (1-14 Aug 1979)_small.jpg
    AviMag 759 (1-14 Aug 1979)_small.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 920

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
28,177
Reaction score
5,725
Someone told me before,that the Mirage-4000 had original shape,
differs a little from the prototype one,is that right ?.
 

Jemiba

Moderator
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
8,326
Reaction score
1,425
That would mean, that we need a drawing of a proposed production version.
Haven't seen any still yet. All drawings, even those showing the aircraft in a
speculative service livery, say of the Indian or whatever air force seem to be
based precisely on the single prototype.
 

ivran

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
146
Reaction score
14
My effort to this magnific airplane,the Mirage 4000 B, two seater
 

Attachments

  • Mirage 4000 B.jpg
    Mirage 4000 B.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,340

lancer21

ACCESS: Secret
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
300
Reaction score
33
I was also wondering about the proposed single and two-seater variants of this admitedly gorgeous aircraft . I've seen the youtube vids , still it looks a bit sluggish , isn't it ? ( maybe because it's so big)

I was reading on the Dassault website ( if i'm not mistaken ) that there were at least 5 versions planned , are there any more details about them ( especially the two-seater?) .
Also regarding it's air to air combat load , i see it has 6 hardpoints under the wings . How many BVR missiles of the day it was suposed to carry, two or four ? ( i'm thinking of the Super-530Ds, i assume it would have been able to carry MICAs on all wing hardpoints). Thank you. :)
 

Spook

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Jul 6, 2012
Messages
148
Reaction score
15
Since Shah of Iran was also intersted to buy the Mirage 4000... Is there anyone who can possibly do the artwork of it with Asian Minor camo perhaps ?


Regards,
AK
 

Spook

ACCESS: Confidential
Joined
Jul 6, 2012
Messages
148
Reaction score
15
PaulMM (Overscan) said:
http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents-docex/Iraq/Audio-transcripts/ISGQ-2003-M0008110_TRANS.pdf

Confirmation of Iraqi interest in the Mirage 4000, from recently released transcripts of a conversation with Saddam Hussein.

Sir, Is there any chance of giving the new link to it..since the given link is no longer active.


Regards,

AK
 

Bazinga

I really should change my personal text
Joined
Dec 14, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
184
I have some pics lying around I took in 1983.
Enjoy
 

Attachments

  • 19830528-100.JPG
    19830528-100.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 776
  • 19830528-098.JPG
    19830528-098.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 693
  • 19830528-101.JPG
    19830528-101.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 650

Similar threads

Top