Messerschmitt Me 34

airman

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
zeef.com
From books " german aircraft industry and production-1933-1945" it mentioned Messerschmitt Me 34 : i have no idea of this aircraft . I suppose only could be been one engine bomber version of M-24.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 39
like bomber not sure because name is Me 34 not M34
Just remember that in this number range, designations could be "Messerschmitt M 34" or "BFW M 34". The "Messerschmitt Me xyz" designations were not allocated until much later.

So basically it just means that the book you are referring to is not very reliable for such details.

like bomber not sure because name is Me 34 not M34
Just remember that in this number range, designations could be "Messerschmitt M 34" or "BFW M 34". The "Messerschmitt Me xyz" designations were not allocated until much later.

So basically it just means that the book you are referring to is not very reliable for such details.
Could be simply a typo of author.

So could be also Messerschmitt M 34 in improvised bomber version proposal.

Sure, that makes sense. the diesel-powered M 34 was to have a 20,000 km range. So, even if this M 34 bomber derivative had half that range (trading fuel for bombload) it would have substantially more range than the Ju 52/3m (1,000 km) or Do Y (1,500 km).

I'm not sure how fast the M 34 would have been ... but likely quicker than either of those other three-engined types. (A very clean design, the Antipodenflugzeug followed designer Georg Madelung's principle of „möglichst unverstrebte Tragfläche“ ... or, 'wherever possible, unbraced wings').

BTW, on the trivia side, Georg Madelung designed the M 34 while a full professor at TH Stuttgart. Madelung and Messerschmitt were very close - Georg had married Willy's younger sister - Elizabeth Emma Messerschmitt - back in 1927.* Both men later became Nazi party members - Messerschmitt joining the NSDAP in 1933, Madelung following in 1937.

* The son of Georg and 'Ello' was Gero Madelung - known for his work on the EWR VJ 101 VTOL prototype and, later, the Panavia Tornado.

So could be also Messerschmitt M 34 in improvised bomber version proposal.

Sure, that makes sense. the diesel-powered M 34 was to have a 20,000 km range. So, even if this M 34 bomber derivative had half that range (trading fuel for bombload) it would have substantially more range than the Ju 52/3m (1,000 km) or Do Y (1,500 km).

I'm not sure how fast the M 34 would have been ... but likely quicker than either of those other three-engined types. (A very clean design, the Antipodenflugzeug followed designer Georg Madelung's principle of „möglichst unverstrebte Tragfläche“ ... or, 'wherever possible, unbraced wings').

BTW, on the trivia side, Georg Madelung designed the M 34 while a full professor at TH Stuttgart. Madelung and Messerschmitt were very close - Georg had married Willy's younger sister - Elizabeth Emma Messerschmitt - back in 1927.* Both men later became Nazi party members - Messerschmitt joining the NSDAP in 1933, Madelung following in 1937.

* The son of Georg and 'Ello' was Gero Madelung - known for his work on the EWR VJ 101 VTOL prototype and, later, the Panavia Tornado.

So i suppose , M-34 bomber , coud have been requested more powered engines.