Looking for the Issue N°15 of Aerei Nella Storia magazine

XB-35

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for the issue N° 15 of Aerei Nella Storia magazine related to Italian secret weapons of WWII.

This issue is now out of print, so if I am unable to find it, I will be really happy if someone could photocopy (or scan) the "Secret Weapons" article for me as infos about Italian Secret Weapons are scarce.

Thanks for the help !

Best Regards,

XB-35

I naturally have it, even though the article was very schetchy and based on published sources only. Let me come back from the seaside and dig it up. For a REAL review on Italian airborne or otherwise flying secret weapons (which for the most part means only that they never reached fruition) you'll have to wait next year....

Thanks a lot Skybolt !

Yes, I am aware about the release of a book about this subject in the "Secret Projects" series. it will be added to my collection as soon as it will be available !

I'm still dreaming of a "Secret Projects" series about land (AFVs) and sea weapons (Ships and Submarines) as they are only related to aircraft (and missiles) at this time.

Although there are many books and websites related to German Secret Weapons ; it is not the case for the allied ones !

Perhaps in a (near I hope) future !

Best Regards,

XB-35

Hi Skybolt,

Do you have finally found this particular issue in your book collection ?

I 'm still interested by the article about Italian Secret weapons.

I hope to hear from you soon !

All the Best,

XB-35

I have it, somewhere. I'm looking for an issue down there too. Be confident... BTW, the best article on Italian secret weapons (sort of) is the Garello's one in Aerofan.

Thank you Skybolt,

Do you have the references of this particular issue of Aerofan ?

It is (I hope) probably still available on the Web.

All the Best,

XB-35

Hi XB-35,
I have 'Aerei nella Storia' #15, but, unfortunately, only my own copy. In fact it contains a 15-page article by Daniele Lembo about Italian "secret weapons" (but only two are aircraft). Following the pictures appearing in the article I can see the pilotless bomber AR.4, the Motobomba FFF, the pilotless S.79 ARP, the "oscillating torpedo" Freri, the 500-kg mine-bomb, the Mulinacci gliding bomb and something else. If you can wait a little, I'll try to scan those pages and post them here for you, enclosed to several post to avoid "weight" restrictions

Nico
P.S. Also in my dreams there are volumes devoted to other secret weapons, different from the usual German ones!

...more to come

Nico

Attachments

• pag. 50.jpg
    pag. 50.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 171
  • pag. 51.jpg
    pag. 51.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 171
  • pag. 52.jpg
    pag. 52.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 164
...another burst of scans.
More to come...

Nico

Attachments

• Pag.53.jpg
    Pag.53.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Pag. 57.jpg
    Pag. 57.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Pag. 56.jpg
    Pag. 56.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Pag. 55.jpg
    Pag. 55.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 138
  • Pag. 54.jpg
    Pag. 54.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 147
...I enclose the last series of scans

Nico

Attachments

• pag. 58.jpg
    pag. 58.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 52
  • pag. 59.jpg
    pag. 59.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 66
  • pag. 60.jpg
    pag. 60.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 69
  • pag. 61.jpg
    pag. 61.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 75
  • pag. 62.jpg
    pag. 62.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 66
  • pag. 63.jpg
    pag. 63.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 64
  • pag. 64.jpg
    pag. 64.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 57
Dear Nico,

Thanks a lot for the scans !

There are secret weapons totally unknown for me like the Italian guided torpedo for example.

And Yes, I'm still waiting for books about secret weapons (including army and naval ones) other than German ones.

All the Best,

XB-35

Hi

general information: if you can read italian and are willing to pay you can order past issues of "aerei nella storia" following the link given below:

http://www.aereinellastoria.it/numeri-arretrati.php

For some of the issues there in an index on the web so it is possible to know its content in advance. Unfortunately this is not true for all of them.

best
F_T