Kamov Ka-102

Could be something like that:

Attachments

• Ka-102.gif
    Ka-102.gif
    43 KB · Views: 343
Interesting. I think the Piasecki folks in the US will be jealous. I think they proposed a similar concept recently. Other than the challenge of all those blades intermeshing correctly it looks like a very clean and practical design.

It looks like someone has one of the rotors on backwards... they'll need to rotate opposite to each other to counteract the torque....

"It looks like someone has one of the rotors on backwards."

That really frightened me, but a quick check showed, that at least I just
stuck to the rendering. ::)

Some slides from the 66th American Helicopter Society's Annual Forum, Phoenix, AZ, May 11-13, 2010. Presented by Kamov Chief Designer, Sergei V. Mikheyev. Please let me know if anyone has any idea what the X-Ka is! He showed the slide but said nothing about it.

See also: www.facebook.com/pages/VSTOL/237472611265

Attachments

• Slide8.JPG
    Slide8.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Slide7.JPG
    Slide7.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 242
gtg947h said:
It looks like someone has one of the rotors on backwards... they'll need to rotate opposite to each other to counteract the torque....

All multi-rotor configurations have to have counter-rotating rotors in order to negate the torque (with only a couple historical exceptions - the Florine tandems of 1920s and the Cierva W.11 Airhorse tri-rotor of the 1940s) without a tailrotor, unless it has a reaction drive -- tip-jet, pulse-jet, ram-jet, pressure-jet, etc.

vstol said:
Please let me know if anyone has any idea what the X-Ka is! He showed the slide but said nothing about it.
I can't give guarantee, but obviously this is testbed for PSV rotor system - note new main rotor with widened blades, obviously to be tested at greater speeds using underwing turbojets.
Sixth slide should give you a clue at once;)

Goes pretty in line with TsIAM stuff that I've send to you in the mail.

I will ask Mikheev at HeliRussia if he would able to discuss

I can't believe it! vtol beat flateric with briefing slides! ;D

The head of the Kamov bureau gave a very interesting briefing at the AHS meeting. I ALMOST got to meet him three times. I found the jet powered Ka-50 most interesting and the slide that showed the range of the Ka-92. Realizing this is off topic somewhat, are they really thinking that the Ka-92 will have a 700 Km radius?

I will post some pictures from AHS, once I figure out how to move them from my phone.

yasotay said:
I'm can't believe it! vtol beat flateric with briefing slides!
well, we have some no less interesting stuff that we can't show prior to publication in Vertiflite...

But - yes - I must say that Kamov didn't show X-Ka here EVAR...may be it's being hidden till May 20 when HeliRussia 2010 opens They did show something that could be called XX-Ka meantime, but enough of that for now;)

Interesting that Mike got an e-copy of Mikheev presentation. Here you must be Iron Man to get a copy of anything that Russian Helicopters/Kamov/Mil have on press events, and even then your chances are close to 1%. You can shoot everything with your camera, but getting PowerPoint file? No, sir! Are you damn spy you said?

Seems this becomes bad tradition at both sides of ocean.

flateric said:
yasotay said:
I'm can't believe it! vtol beat flateric with briefing slides!
well, we have some no less interesting stuff that we can't show prior to publication in Vertiflite...

But - yes - I must say that Kamov didn't show X-Ka here EVAR...may be it's being hidden till May 20 when HeliRussia 2010 opens They did show something that could be called XX-Ka meantime, but enough of that for now;)

Interesting that Mike got an e-copy of Mikheev presentation. Here you must be Iron Man to get a copy of anything that Russian Helicopters/Kamov/Mil have on press events, and even then your chances are close to 1%. You can shoot everything with your camera, but getting PowerPoint file? No, sir! Are you damn spy you said?

Seems this becomes bad tradition at both sides of ocean.

I think the spectacle of Mike following Mr. Mikheev everwhere asking about his brief made the man throw it like a dog bone to get some relief! ;D

these two won't give you anything easy

photo by Muxel

Attachments

• IMG_9162_muxel.jpg
    IMG_9162_muxel.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 66
Using the small illustration of the Ka 102 in the background of Slide 8, I made some
corrections to my drawing:

Attachments

• Ka-102.gif
    Ka-102.gif
    56.5 KB · Views: 124
Looks like X-Ka is a high speed coaxial research version of Ka-50 analogous to the XH-59A ABC demonstrator from the slide presented.

Check out more photos from the AHS Forum on the VSTOL Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VSTOL/237472611265.

More general photos (incl. of X2) on the AHS Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Helicopter-Society-AHS-International/80119815527.

flateric said:

Who's this Mike you guys keep referring to? I don't know what you are talking about. :-X

Patent drawing of Kamov Ka-102

Source:
http://dr-rusi4.livejournal.com/6509939.html

Attachments

• 1131426_original.jpg
    1131426_original.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 1131528_original.jpg
    1131528_original.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 143