Joseph Buchnik - Varidelta

richard

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Found in a newspaper of the very late 60' or early 70' ,a variable geometry aircraft .

Attachments

• is.jpg
    is.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 385
...That's not one of the Lavi ("Lion") concepts, is it? ISTR something in <I>Air Farce</i> about that design.

OM said:
...That's not one of the Lavi ("Lion") concepts, is it? ISTR something in <I>Air Farce</i> about that design.

I don't think so ... the Lavi was much later and begun to evolve from a project called "Arye". As far as I remember correct, there have been several different configurations (two of them look similar to a mini-Mirage 4000 or a delta-canard-Hornet) under test and one of them was finally choosen for further development ... the result was the Lavi !

This one looks older. ???

Hi folks,
in the German magazine 'INTERAVIA', May 1970, I found this picture showing a wind tunnel model of a strike fighter with a delta wing and foreplanes. It was designed by the Israelian constructing engineer Joseph Buchnik. The picture caption mentions also that this concept looks similar to the Dassault Milan.
Does anyone have some more information or pictures?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Varidelta_Interavia_5_70.jpg
    Varidelta_Interavia_5_70.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 326
Hi,

I remember we spoke about this aircraft before,but I can ID it,can anybody help ?.

From L+K 24/1970

Attachments

• 24-1970.png
    24-1970.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,620