Japanese Ka-10 pulse-jet

Pelzig

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I've attached a picture found in the 1953 book Koku Gijutsu No Zenbo. It shows the Ka-10 pulse-jet. Now, most, if not all of the illustrations of the Kawanishi Baika (the plane that was to use the Ka-10) do not show the front of the engine as depicted here. We usually see it with a round intake, or cowl if you will.

Do the assembled here think the Ka-10 as shown in the picture is accurate as used? It does have some resemblance to the front of the Argus 014 engines used on the Me 328B-1. Or, is the picture simply showing the front end without a cowling or intake cover.

Attachments

• kr10.jpg
    kr10.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 318
Thanks for the links. They do illustrate my main question on the Ka-10. If you compare the models and how they present the Ka-10, you can see how the front differs from the illustration. Here is the version of the Argus that looks similar in the front, to a point, to the Ka-10.

blackkite said:
Hi Edwin! KR10 was a liquid fuel rocket engine for Shusui.
カ(KA)-10 was a pulse jet engine(static thrust:300kg) for Baika.
Baika's performance
Top speed : 556km/h
Range : 290km
Armament : 250kg bomb
Baika was based on German V1.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/yuunagi_dameya/8288646.html
http://matever.com/archives/ct01complete/_1144_2.html
http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/nomura1205/bomber_baika.htm

Attachments

• Me328_3.jpg
    Me328_3.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 244
Here Argus cutaway
Hi, I am studying aeronautical engineering and am looking to build a variant of V1 engine and am searching for plans, do you know where I could get the full plans of that photo and anything else that could help? Thank you :p

Hi, I am studying aeronautical engineering and am looking to build a variant of V1 engine and am searching for plans, do you know where I could get the full plans of that photo and anything else that could help? Thank you :p
United States Navy "PROJECT SQUID" TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM No. Pr.4 "The Aero-Resonator Power Plant of the V-1 Flying Bomb" by Ing.Guenther Diedrich translated by A. Kahame 30 JUNE 1948. See this report, you will surely find useful indications for your work

United States Navy "PROJECT SQUID" TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM No. Pr.4 "The Aero-Resonator Power Plant of the V-1 Flying Bomb" by Ing.Guenther Diedrich translated by A. Kahame 30 JUNE 1948. See this report, you will surely find useful indications for your work
Okay I shall give it a look, many thanks!

Here Argus cutaway
Good evening @Justo Miranda and anyone else active in the forum. I was wondering if you had the full version of those cutaways and anything else regarding the Argus engines in original axis format or other, it would be greatly appreciated as I would be using it in my Aeronautical Engineering Degree Thesis!