Hi everyone,
I've been bumping into this forum for a bit as I do research for my own personal enjoyment. I'm not an engineer or a rocket scientist, I am, in fact, an accountant. I know, don't be jealous, we all know I work in the most sought after job in the planet.
But I also hold a B.S. in History and I've been fascinated by things that move and do things since I was a little girl. On a road trip one time, my Dad stopped at a bookstore and bought me a Big Book of Warships more to shut me up than anything else. Since then I've been fascinated with things that float, fly or move around on the land, especially if they shoot stuffs and make things go boom.
Anyway I finally got tired of finding the image I was looking for here clicking on it, and not being able to access it so I signed up.
One thing I did find just now was a discussion about unbuilt German cruiser designs from the interwar period and the discussion veered off into the mess World of Warships had made of things. I, personally stopped playing when nuclear powered submarines masquerading as WWII boats made their appearance and battleships started dropping depth charges on them. I can only suspend so much disbelief.
I heard some bemoaning at the loss of the WOWS forums and the futility of trying to convince the powers that be to retain some tether to reality. But I do miss the loss of investment in time deleting the forums imposed. Just for the personal enjoyment of it, I sat down and researched an entire set of tech trees for World of Pre-Dreadnaughts starting at the end of the age of ironclads and ending with the introduction of the first dreadnaughts.
I did battleships, cruisers and destroyers for all major powers and regions. I provided the history general comparative data, even pictures, as well as some information about the age of pre-dreadnaughts, the events that shaped them and their use, as well as a discussion about the various advancements in propulsion, armor, shells, guns and torpedo systems during that time.
And then poof, it was all flushed down the proverbial electronic toilet. Oh woe is me.
Anyway, I probably don't have much to add, but I did want to thank all of you more dedicated than I people who have the knowledge and take the time to share it all with the rest of us. You may not hear it enough, but people such as myself do appreciated.
Oh, btw, Tizoli if you are listening, your excel spreadsheet with all the worlds planned and built warships is a god send. Thank you so much for sharing.