Hello all.
I'm Joe. I'm 24, and for the last two-plus years, I have delved deep into the design, development, and more of historical Cold War aircraft including F-4 Phantoms.
I've been researching their history and design, and trying to modernize them to my style and principles.
Mostly, keeping the looks and feel of the legacy they have, while giving them a new lease on life with upgraded systems, avionics, engines, materials, and slightly improved looks.
The crown jewel of the "JoeSpeed Modernization Project" is my F-4X "Super Phantom," which I came up with a couple of years ago for a book I wrote.
I've been working on its design in both Blender, by 3D modeling it; and FlyOut, a game in which anyone can create their dream aircraft, helicopter, car, and more. I'm a self-taught 3D modeler (with a little help from my friends,) but my style and design flow are unique to only me. I've also looked into aircraft that were conceptual, such as the F-20 Tigershark and X-29, but my real bread and butter is Phantoms.
Hope to see you around,
Cheers!
-Joe