Introduce Yourself

Hello! I am very interested about aviation, scalemodelling and early jets. Just find this site and start searching interesting material for my models. My name is Jari, i live in Finland and work as a teacher. I have also own small business where i paint mainly comission works for customers with airbrush.

Hi there!
My name is Zinovy, I am 37 and I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. I am leading a team of military historians, engineers and reconstructors. We find rare prototypes, concepts, patents and restore them, then publish and show to people.

hello! its me again. just call me hunter if necessary. but anyway, please check my profile status i could use some help with my great grandfathers World War 2 photos. i have explained further there.

hi there.

I am in search of any aircraft with similar proportions to this one. Most importantly, the distance from the trailing edge of the wing to the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer (14 inches)

It can be a fictional craft, or anything else. I really want to make something jet-like while maintaining the proportions. This plane is really fun but I'm looking for a more scale/ sci fi exotic flavor.

50" wing, 36x8" fuselage + 4.5" chord rudder, 8" nose in front of hte leading edge, wing chord 8" (trailing edge at the 16 mark) and 5.5 inch chord stabilizer

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_094641_081.jpg
    IMG_20211010_094641_081.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • buzz fuselage.jpg
    buzz fuselage.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
hi there.

I am in search of any aircraft with similar proportions to this one. Most importantly, the distance from the trailing edge of the wing to the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer (14 inches)

It can be a fictional craft, or anything else. I really want to make something jet-like while maintaining the proportions. This plane is really fun but I'm looking for a more scale/ sci fi exotic flavor.

50" wing, 36x8" fuselage + 4.5" chord rudder, 8" nose in front of hte leading edge, wing chord 8" (trailing edge at the 16 mark) and 5.5 inch chord stabilizer
I think this is what you are looking for. Watch the episode below. The plane in it is what you are asking for I think.

Last edited:
My latest article:

Hello fellow aviation buffs:

I found your site while researching information for my own project Forgotten Cub Aircraft. Very little has been written about this Canadian company and since I was born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, it has become my quest. I am documenting all assembled and manufactured Cub Aircraft and including a detailed history of aviation in Hamilton. Several limited production aircraft flew at the Hamilton Municipal Airport, including the first Noury N65 and possibly the White Aircraft prototype. I am also a retired IT professional and have developed a research methodology I call Cub Cochran Collaboration (CCC). I am a member of the Canadian Aviation Historical Society (CAHS) and have written newsletter articles that document my research to date. Thank you for allowing me to join this unique forum..... Cam

Hi! I am Brian H., living in California, USA. I'm a retired auto mechanic. Have been an aviation enthusiast since my Dad got his Private Pilots License in the mid-'60s. I assisted my late friend James "Seamus" McCaughley in documenting the creation of the "Bleagle", (N540BE) a highly modified 1980 CHRISTEN EAGLE II Biplane. I still have hopes of obtaining my PPL. I enjoy researching & learning about unusual aircraft. I am a modeler, always on the lookout for new project ideas.

Hi, I'm Peter from southern part of Germany.
Passionated pilot of gliders and motor aircraft, modern or vintage

Author of book "MAN-Die Allrad-Alleskönner" (1998, history of MAN's military vehicles with the cube-type cab, development 1964 until today, so "KAT I", "KAT II", "KAT "III" etc., SX, LX, FX, HX vehicle ranges)
Author of book "Hans Jacobs-Pionierleben im Flugzeugbau" (2012, gliders, famous assault gliders DFS 230 as well as Me 328 and Me 262 wood projects) see also www.peterocker.de

Main interests:
- historic aviation
- historic aviation with gliders (worldwide) and research aircraft of DFS Ainring
- military trucks, mainly of MAN company

Please contact me via email directly, can be found on my website, thank you.
Looking forward to great contacts!

Hola mi nombre es Salvador Higüitl soy Ingeniero en Aeornautica y estoy investigando cómo fabricar un microlight aircraft Quiero tomar como referencia el fabricado por Viktor Dmitriev el X-14

Attachments

• 30C86741-0AE9-4871-8AFC-61D9138CC02F.jpeg
    30C86741-0AE9-4871-8AFC-61D9138CC02F.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 9
Greetings to All,

My name is Brad, I am residing in Australia and long ago I was involved in building a WIG craft in Cairns, Australia. The company went belly up without producing a marketable product. So I have always had a fascination with the technology. I am wanting to locate some plans, or 3D renderings for the Russian Eska-1 WIG. I am wanting to build a large scale model using foam and GRP and I need a set of plans, or at least an accurate 3d rendering of the Eska-1. If there isn't anything available is there any one out there who would like to make some money by doing one for me, or assisting me in this project? I look forward to hearing from any interested party's.

Many thanks.

Brad

I'm usually not much for introductions, but here we go.

I'm a college student taking up network engineering. I always had a fascination for aviation. Multiple searches for various prototypes have led me to this forum.
Hey Boomerang,

You wouldn't happen to be from Australia by any chance? If you are so am I (Brisbane). As with you I have had a fascination with aviation and, on occasion, I have had the pleasure of enjoying it in a limited way (rotary, WIG). I am starting a project to build a large scale model of an Eska-1 WIG. I need a design that has been proven and fits the minimum req, which this design does. So, I don't know why you have come to this forum but I think your skills could be helpful in this project. I envisage a "fly by wire" system and glass cockpit design so I am sure your understanding of electronics would be invaluable. Although I am a person of limited means I beleive I have the ability to produce this design in an extremely cost effective way, and whilst this is a project based on a passion there are definite commercial possibilities later on. I was involved in the production and operation of Flightship FS-8 located in Cairns, Australia before the company folded. I'm currently working in the public service whilst I am finishing my Masters in International Security, and intelligence.

Anyway, as with you, I am not much for introductions (mind you that was a pretty solid effort if I do say so myself). If you are interested just let me know, if you can help me find the plans that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Brad

I'm a college student taking up network engineering. I always had a fascination for aviation. Multiple searches for various prototypes have led me to this forum.
Hey Boomerang,

You wouldn't happen to be from Australia by any chance? If you are so am I (Brisbane). As with you I have had a fascination with aviation and, on occasion, I have had the pleasure of enjoying it in a limited way (rotary, WIG). I am starting a project to build a large scale model of an Eska-1 WIG. I need a design that has been proven and fits the minimum req, which this design does. So, I don't know why you have come to this forum but I think your skills could be helpful in this project. I envisage a "fly by wire" system and glass cockpit design so I am sure your understanding of electronics would be invaluable. Although I am a person of limited means I beleive I have the ability to produce this design in an extremely cost effective way, and whilst this is a project based on a passion there are definite commercial possibilities later on. I was involved in the production and operation of Flightship FS-8 located in Cairns, Australia before the company folded. I'm currently working in the public service whilst I am finishing my Masters in International Security, and intelligence.

Anyway, as with you, I am not much for introductions (mind you that was a pretty solid effort if I do say so myself). If you are interested just let me know, if you can help me find the plans that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Brad
Gooday Brad: Canadian here and avid modeller too. By any chance is this aircraft type related?
grunin eska effet desol model airplane plan

grunin eska effet desol

BTW, I once visited ASIO in Canberra.​

Cam​

Hey Cam,

Yes, that's the one. Interesting about Canberra, same for me but ASIS, Sydney. Do you know much about this design? The other craft I am chasing is the Airfish 3, I'm needing a design that is already proven. 2-3 seater.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

Hi there!
My name is Zinovy, I am 37 and I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. I am leading a team of military historians, engineers and reconstructors. We find rare prototypes, concepts, patents and restore them, then publish and show to people.
Hi Zinovy,

My names Brad, Australian. I used to work with Russians in China and they always told me to go to Saint-Petersberg. One day I may get there yet.

If you read my previous posts I am really interested in obtaining the building plans, etc for a Russian WIG design called the Eska-1. If you could help, or could direct me to someone/somewhere that could help in obtaining more information on the Eska-1, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

Hey Brad: Very fond memories in 2001 cycling in and around Canberra - saw my first live Kangaroos there while off-road cycling to the Tesla Tower and back. PM for more details.

Back to the Eska-1 WIG here's a larger version, both from a model site called AeroFred.com. There were no plans, just 3-dimensional thumbnails. No mention of the Airfish 3. If there is any Canadian association, I can research our archives.

Cam grunin_3v.jpg

Last edited:

Hey Boomerang,

Anyway, as with you, I am not much for introductions (mind you that was a pretty solid effort if I do say so myself). If you are interested just let me

Hey Boomerang,

Cheers

Brad
I'm afraid not. I'm American.

So hello. I'm just nobody from SEA (south east asia) sea. I actually here to share some file or/and picts. Sorry if its not good introduction. I will super rarely upload here, and i don't really like telling my personal info.

Last edited:
Hiya everyone, my name's Ryska, I'm an engineering student who dabbles in writing and other creative things. I enjoy learning about the obscure never-was of military history, in particular my favorite being the Project 1058 thanks to the arrival of the USS Kearsarge in World of Warships. I generally write fiction web novels, but I've also experimented in writing non-fiction history, speculative history, and alternate history works.

Very glad to meet you all, and I appreciate the owner having a site for us to collect resources for all this!

Hi everyone! My name's Matt, from some small Midlands Town in the United Kingdom. I'm an amateur naval historian and amateur fiction writer. I've been fascinated with the what-ifs and what-could've beens of military technology for quite a while, and have lurked for a while without an account for information on planned WWI and WWII submarines and surface vessels that never got off the drawing board.

Very pleased to meet everyone and I'm grateful to the site owner for creating a forum for this wealth of information!

Hello,

I am from Austria . From the age of 12 I am building papermodels. Recently I started a series of planes in 1:100 available at ecardmodels.com

Kind regards
Raimund

Attachments

• 44F52019-60A8-4782-88AF-EB34B8C8B881.jpeg
    44F52019-60A8-4782-88AF-EB34B8C8B881.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • DBC450B0-FCAB-4860-B03E-D6A8D59A6354.jpeg
    DBC450B0-FCAB-4860-B03E-D6A8D59A6354.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • EC0388E7-0745-4611-89A2-D2E5CF558FF3.jpeg
    EC0388E7-0745-4611-89A2-D2E5CF558FF3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • C8D6C345-E978-43E4-8145-255C55479402.jpeg
    C8D6C345-E978-43E4-8145-255C55479402.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
im manolo, from mexico city: just to tell people how easy thing you have done to yourself and pact convivence...we are simply not use to....éncore!

Hello from the Texas Hill Country. In my teens our family plane was a Cessna 210. My father used it mostly for business trips. We had 3 licensed pilots in the family and 2 that flew but never got their ticket. Have always been interested in aviation since those younger days, civilian and military. When I was about 19 my brother and I ferried a 1942 Stearman PT17 about 600 miles. The PT17 came from El Salvador to South Texas and we brought it home from there. The US Gov pretty much gave the 17's to other countries after the WWII. I believe this one came off a coffee plantation. Anyway some very interesting comments here.

Hi there!
Hi Zinoviy,
If you find materials related to WW2 aero engines, please let me know.

Also please let us know where you publish your findings.

Regards

Calum

Hi. I'm Alan, 23, currently residing in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, and i'm an aircraft nut! Apologies for not introducing myself before. If you take a look at my profile you'll see it's been a while since it was created. and because i can't restrain myself from lurking, some of you guys probably thought "Great, another newb who opens and account to ask some question and leave to never come back" but i'm poised to change that. Anyways, my introduction to the aerospace word started in late 2016 when i joined a subsupplier company of aircraft components. Since then, i began to receive ads related to similar jobs, and with that, clickbait videos from military channels also made their way into my feed... I started to learn more and more about military and aerospace programs, read articles from defense sites, subscribed to not so clickbait channels and noticed *certain website frequently linked to the image results of whatever project i was browsing about. One day while searching YF-22 vs YF-23, stumbled upon weird looking variations of the same aircraft and finally decided to take a look here, and: Oh boy! From that moment onward for me it was like OMGWTFAWESOMETACULAR as i began consuming info about mindblowing fighters, bombers, drones and spacecraft, exotic unbelievable variations of almost every plane possible from past to future and the most obscure programs nonstop, jumping from thread to thread discovering more and more, i very quickly developed an addiction to what seemed to be a bottomless trove full of treasures, far more than what almost any Youtuber has ever covered!! They barely scratch the surface compared to what one can learn here.

So that's it, i hope i will start contributing from now on to this forum, now that i formally made my introduction at last.

-Alan

Hi there, I am unknown (didn't know what name to use lol) , mostly interested in military aircraft and some sekret blueprints. I make planes in a plane game so I found this place to be source of interesting designs which I could build.

Last edited by a moderator:
coucou tout le monde ! :)
il faut que je révise mon anglais avant toutes choses...:fou:

mais ce forum me semble tres inteessant

a=

Hello everyone ! I have to revise my English before anything else...:crazy: but this forum seems very interesting to me a=

Last edited by a moderator:
Hii I From East Java, Indonesia. I love the Member in Here because discussion of
detail Avionics and history development all aircraft.

Greetings fellow members! I'm a fan of what-if and never-were, primarily ships, though I have dabbled in aircraft, armor, and space projects.

I am an electrical and computer engineer in my mid-60's living in Greater Boston, MA. I wanted to go into aerospace engineering in the early 1970's but the post-space slump and the rise of silicon and computers drove me to my career. But I never lost the interest in flight test, hypersonics as well as the space program. I grew up just south of Wright Patterson AFB and remember visiting the Air Force Museum with its ASSET display. I was checking out FDL-8 from a book and found your site. Big interests in the rocket plains X-1,2 and 15 plus lifting bodies.