Internet 7.0 problem with forum?

TinWing

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Ever time I visit this forum, IE 7.0 "locks up" and I'm forced to shut down the unresponsive process in Windows Task Manager. (Ctrl+alt+del, select "Processes" tab, right click iexplore.exe, then select "end process.)"

As I the only one having this problem, or just the last poster who is still using IE - which incidentally, is wonderful from a functional standpoint in the 7.0 iteration.

I have the same problem. It started the day the PayPal button got added to the bottom. (It started a couple hours after I tested it for you Paul). It seemed to die on the same file every time but now it only dies about 60% of the time instead of 100%. I'm accessing this right now from a 64-bit XP machine and haven't had the same problem as my home (32-bit) machine. Could be an addon bar conflicting or who knows.

Do you use Skype or similar communicator software? If yes switch it off (or better uninstall) and try forum again. Sometimes Skype could hang up IE on some websites.

Works perfectly here.

I'll remove the button, can you see if it stops crashing?

Scott, I changed the link to an encrypted one shortly after you tested it for me, it might be something to do with that.

Just one suggestion - my IE7 crash almost EVERY TIME I use it! Not only when I am at Secretproject, but I experience this problems with many web pages. It's too pity that I was so stupid that I allowed this "upgrade". Opera has not any problem with it, and also at work I use Firefox 2.0 wit the same result - without errors.

overscan said:
Works perfectly here.

I'll remove the button, can you see if it stops crashing?

Scott, I changed the link to an encrypted one shortly after you tested it for me, it might be something to do with that.

It doesn't seem to be locking up at the moment. Puzzling?

overscan said:
Not really,must be the paypal link caused it.

Puzzling in the sense that a paypal link should be entirely innocuous.

overscan said:
Well thats what you get for using a substandard browser ;D

Yes, Firefox with the NoScript add-on is the "gold standard" for web browsers, but IE 7.0 has the "add tab" tab - and it seems to load a bit quicker.

Firefox/NoScript is better than IE 7.0, but I really hate to use the term "substandard."

Matej said:
Just one suggestion - my IE7 crash almost EVERY TIME I use it! Not only when I am at Secretproject, but I experience this problems with many web pages. It's too pity that I was so stupid that I allowed this "upgrade". Opera has not any problem with it, and also at work I use Firefox 2.0 wit the same result - without errors.

Vista/IE 7.0 here. No problems. Had this bug, too. Caused by installing a zoo of various IE add-ons that not quite appropriate for Vista/IE 7.0. Go to the IE settings and restore defaults. Worked in my case, no crashes for 2 months.

Attachments

• ie7defaults.jpg
    ie7defaults.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 29
works fine now. The only add-in I have is the Google toolbar and Adobe's acrobat bar (icon).

sferrin said:
works fine now. The only add-in I have is the Google toolbar and Adobe's acrobat bar (icon).

I have zero and quite happy)