IMPA Aircraft & Projects

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the IMPA (Industrias Metalúrgicas y Plásticas Argentina S.A.) was an Argentinian company,formed in 1928 by José Mario Sueiro and Roberto Lineau,a number of training gliders were built such as a P-38,followed by TU-SA-O light two-seat cabin monoplane.

Development continued by RR-11 side-by side two seat trainer,Chorlito a single-seat trainer of 1943,RR-12D and RR-13D prototypes,and maybe the later was a Project,as I know there was also anther monoplane Project,but no details are known.

Attachments

• IMPA_Tu-Sa.jpg
    IMPA_Tu-Sa.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
hi Heshamm
from aviacion argentina
que avion es este

Attachments

• image_224.jpg
    image_224.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 222
  • image_225.jpg
    image_225.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 213
Many thanks my dear Toura,

and I hope we get anything about RR-12D and RR-13D ?.

In this site I've also the "chorlo"

Attachments

• chorlo.JPG
    chorlo.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 196
My files and photos on these types were lost in transit when I moved from New Jersey to North Carolina. The RR 13 "Corlito" employed a 130 h.p. De Havilland Gipsy engine. According to my sources it was a nasty little beast to fly..

Some details in my article: Od the 25 Tu.SA completed 10 were powered by a Continental A 65, 10 by a Lycoming O-143 65 hp engine and the remaining 5 by80 hp Continental A80 engines. After several accidents, the Dirección General de Aeronauttica Civil prohibited further flights U.S. embassy report indicates that these aircraft were dangerous to fly and that many pilots refused to. fly them dueto their defective construction. An aircraft of these type first flown on 19 November 1944 was fitted with a 100 hp Kinner K5 engine. But proved disappointing.