FLIGHTS OF FANTASY: What if the F-20 Tigershark went into production?

rousseau

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
A good job!
I get return here by searching gg.
Why there is no two-seater version F-20?

MC72

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
New Tools...... "for Oil Industry"
Interesting topic, and fantasy alternative with great potential planes as the Northrop F-20 Tigershark.
When the wars in this century have a strong economic accent, could be glimpsed to speculate on the possibilities of corporate departments devoted to support political and military some "corporate interests"

Saludos
MC72

MC72

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
These squads should have an appropriate camo for their operations, Unlike corporate colors of every day.
Saludos
MC72

pathology_doc

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
I have one big problem with the F-20 as a radar-equipped, BVR missile-carrying air-defence fighter - when you run out of missiles and go to guns to finish off a crippled enemy bird, or to put a few warning shots across the nose of a smuggler before you nail him, your night vision is going to suffer rather badly, surely?

topspeed3

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Website
max3fan.blogspot.com
Deino said:
Just found that diagram on a tread at the ARC ... seems as if the proposed twin-seater was different to a simple F-5F + F-20A.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=187595&st=0&gopid=1753320&#entry1753320

Deino
This would have worked..I think F-20 was tail heavy !

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18569/ge-really-wants-to-sell-you-a-30mm-cannon-pod-in-this-classic-marketing-reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0EfGU2MvV8

737Aviator

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi everyone, any idea how would be painted a Greek, Tunisian, Brasilian, or Mexican F-20 ??
Cheers and thanks !

hesham

Reaction score
Hi everyone, any idea how would be painted a Greek, Tunisian, Brasilian, or Mexican F-20 ??
Cheers !

And Egypt,Northrop made a displaying in my country during early 1980s and offer this aircraft,before we
decided to purchase F-16.

hesham

Reaction score
Amazing my dear Dan,

also when this aircraft was here,I don't remember if it was painted by our flag or not ?,I have the
pictures in Egyptian magazine,but where ?.

Sundog

Reaction score
The picture above is of the F-20 at Edwards. You can see the B-1 in the background and the Egyptian markings are obviously photo-shopped onto the picture.

dan_inbox

Reaction score
I don't know the source of this image. Mine came from aircraftslides.com but one can find it in Arabic-language forums too.
82-0062 is the 1st prototype F-20. The Egyptian markings are obviously only Northrop's marketing activity.

But by that time (mid-1980s), Reagan had reversed Carter's policy about exports of front line fighters, so Egypt, Bahrain and all other prospects got access to F-16s instead. Then 2 of the 3 prototype F-20s crashed, and that was the end of it.

hesham

Reaction score
The picture above is of the F-20 at Edwards. You can see the B-1 in the background and the Egyptian markings are obviously photo-shopped onto the picture.
But the aircraft was tested in our bases actually,I will search about the pictures during the next days.