FIAT CR44

Hi,
Time ago, I maked a profile of Fiat CR.44 but i dont found any 3 side view of these bird, also i biginning my personal 3 view , but I dident finish it .
Something is something!
Saludos
MC72
ibyShRVC8fjroP.jpg

Seems to have been a really large bird, nearly the size of, say. the Boeing XF8B ?
With a rough, very rough comparison with the G.55 I got abot 12.5 m length.

Attachments

• CR-44_G-55.gif
    CR-44_G-55.gif
    63.9 KB · Views: 603
Its a bit bigger then that. 14.2m long, 15.6m wingspan.

Hi,

we spoke about it here;
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,17595.msg167751.html#msg167751

MC72 said:
Hi,
Time ago, I maked a profile of Fiat CR.44 but i dont found any 3 side view of these bird, also i biginning my personal 3 view , but I dident finish it .
Something is something!
Saludos
MC72

Grande!!!

Great, as usual.....

The wing side view seems very similar to CR 25 plane. What it's your opinion?

Cheers

Pepe

Our friend Marco Comelli (Skybolt) produced an excellent article about the
CR.44 fighter-divebomber, with 3-view in
AeroFan N°.100 -2007-

He mentioned also a two seat version.

Alredy is not available a 3 view of the CR.44; So, I decided to finish what I had left unfinished time ago, and I send a personal interpretation of the 3 view of the Fiat CR.44.
Saludos
MC72

Attachments

• Fiat CR44 3 Vistas.jpg
    Fiat CR44 3 Vistas.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 428
Great, thank you !
Just a clue, the wing gun housings seem to double as wheel housings and to my opinion
should protrude from the underside of the wings.

Indeed as Jemiba says, the recollection of landing gear was not resolved, and the view of the pneumatic in the side view semi swallowed in an little gondola, suggested a similar solution of the fighter Severesky P-35.
Here a retouched 3 view of the CR.44 (as Pepe Rezende say "archaeological reconstruction")

Saludos
MC72

Attachments

• Fiat CR44 3 Vistas.jpg
    Fiat CR44 3 Vistas.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 379
You got it, great work !
Everybody can make a drawing of an aircraft, that was actually built and is portrayed with dozens
of photos, but those, where only a few scraps of information survived, are that extra something ! ;)

Dear Frineds! Here it is a nice 3-view of the aircraft taken from Aerofan No. 100

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    265 KB · Views: 229
  • 12.png
    12.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 20.png
    20.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 210
Thanks !
MC72 was really very close ! Congratulations !

Now, I'm looking for the A.44 specifications. I know it had 32 cylinders, what was its RPM and its displacement?

Cheers

Pepe

Few informations about the A.44 RC.15/45 engine designed by Antonio Fessia :
https://oldmachinepress.com/2017/01/05/fiat-a-38-a-40-and-a-44-aircraft-engines/
There's a mistake in the article above in writing the name of the engine designer as it should be Fessia, not Fressa !
The diameter of contra-rotating propeller for the FIAT CR.44 has to be 3,85 m.

Boogey said:
There's a mistake in the article above in writing the name of the engine designer as it should be Fessia, not Fressa !

Thank you very much for pointing that out, and it has been corrected!