Fairchild XC-119H ... If anyone is interested, I extrapolated these plots from the known photos and elements of the "normal" C-119 to get this.

work of art thank you
It is an attempt to make images accessible to all forms of a relatively little-known machine. I’m sure there are a lot of mistakes, and I would like anyone with specific elements to make a constructive criticism of these handmade ...

Your shapes look good, but your wing and tailplane sections look like those used on flying models . . .
You might want to use the ones employed on the versions of these types that were built and flown.

cheers,
Robin.

Yes, I agree. That flat-bottomed Clark-Y airfoil looked familiar. In my day it was the default airfoil for free-flight aircraft.

David

FWIW, Fairchild drawing 160-000100 (General Arrangement C-119H Airplane) is reproduced in American Secret Projects 2 - Airlifters 1941 to 1961.

[QUOTE = "robunos, message: 380513, membre: 553"]
Vos formes semblent bonnes, mais vos sections d'aile et d'empennage ressemblent à celles utilisées sur les modèles volants. . .
Vous voudrez peut-être utiliser celles utilisées sur les versions de ces types qui ont été construites et volées.

à votre santé,
Robin.
[/CITATION]
Your shapes look good, but your wing and tailplane sections look like those used on flying models . . .
You might want to use the ones employed on the versions of these types that were built and flown.

cheers,
Robin.

Thanks fot your answer. It's true for the airfoils of the wing and the stabilizer. There are those I have retained for a 1/24 scale remote control model (not a Clark Y for the wing but a simple logarithmic centerline). According to the photos things are obviously more complicated, the profile not being constant throughout the span, including for the rectangular part! Regarding the stabilizer I think it is an asymmetric biconvex inverted as we often encounter (B-29 ...)

Back
Top Bottom