DTIC trouble

They've been a bit flaky for a bit so I've been "site:dtic.mil" Googling them for a while. They've been especially slow in linking to the NDIA conference proceedings.

Just did a search for something obscure, the TRW APACHE phased-array laser. Got 176 results in 0.81 sec. Bueno!

Orionblamblam said:
See, that's the genius of my plan. DTIC shut down, so I go public and make myself look like the panicky fool, and they bring it right back up. Winning!

let me guess, the guys at DTIC remember well what happen with NTRS shut down...

Access to DTIC for us great unwashed has been severely downgraded with recent 'upgrades'. :(

Yeah it has pissed me a lot recently. I took a helluva amount of time to download... nothingness.

by the way, there are a boatload of Boeing SST documents over there.

Has both DTIC and NTRS culled available docs yet again?. Old links to NASA wind tunnel tests and models go to a general home page. Did I miss anything? As I live outside the US but in a CLOSELY allied country I have assumed content is now further restricted. DTIC searches now only produce postgraduate war college thesis or the like. Anyone had the same issue?

Has both DTIC and NTRS culled available docs yet again?. Old links to NASA wind tunnel tests and models go to a general home page. Did I miss anything? As I live outside the US but in a CLOSELY allied country I have assumed content is now further restricted. DTIC searches now only produce postgraduate war college thesis or the like. Anyone had the same issue?
DTIC seems to still be working. Are you using this link:

Have tried that link previously with the same reduced results. Some old pdfs thay I previously had got damaged with the death of a hard drive still have the ascension numbers and I "kinda" remember its contents. But recent searches at DTIC give nil results. Thanks anyways Scott.

If you give us the numbers we could check our own collections.

Right now the citations seem to be offline to me - but if you view the cached page on Google, the links work still.

Last edited: