Defunct site about Ferranti radars

nova10

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Greetings friends,

Some time ago there was a site called apss.org.uk which contained information about the work a gentleman named Alex W. Duncan did whilst employed at Ferranti. It contained a fascinating essay titled "Ferranti and the Buccaneer S1 Delivery system". I have this essay saved on my computer but nothing else from the site which also included articles and information about Blue Parrot radar modes and the Blackburn Buccaneer strike sight. Unfortunately the site is now defunct. Does anyone have any of this information or can shed some light on this?

Warmest regards,

Nova

Last edited:
Thank you for posting these documents. I wish to use some of the information in a potential book. Who has the copyright on this?

Thank you. I have a contact at the museum at East Fortune so I am sure that he can answer my query

My book will tell the story of the development of the Strike Sight Pilots Display Unit and Waveform Generator by Cintel. I will give a brief background to the development of Gunsights together with how the key requirements of CRT, Optics and electronics came together with a definition of the requirements all in the late 1950s. Finally the last Head Up Displays made under the Cintel name for TSR2 and Belfast are described and how the company was acquired by Elliott Bros in 1964.

My book will tell the story of the development of the Strike Sight Pilots Display Unit and Waveform Generator by Cintel. I will give a brief background to the development of Gunsights together with how the key requirements of CRT, Optics and electronics came together with a definition of the requirements all in the late 1950s. Finally the last Head Up Displays made under the Cintel name for TSR2 and Belfast are described and how the company was acquired by Elliott Bros in 1964.
This is right up my street. Elliot Flight Automation and Cintel don't get enough credit for developing the world's first HUD in operational service. Along with the Blackburn Buccaneer being my all time favourite aircraft I look forward to hearing about your book's progress