• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

De Schelde Aircraft Projects and Prototypes

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
hesham said:
hesham said:
Hi,

from the member Toon of Airwarfareforum site;
http://www.airwarfareforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9374
who know that bomber ?.
As I remember,

this Project was called De Schelde tekening or Drawing-1068,as wrote on its fuselage,
it was not registered number,who can confirm on this ?.
As I expected before,it was Drawing No.1068.

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/forums/showthread.php?40190-Pander-S-4-de-pechjager

Attachments

lark

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Think not...

1068 is a phantasy military registration on the fuselage of this design.
It is not sure if it was a development of the Postjager...

It could be De Schelde's entry in a late 30's jachtkruiser competition for the Dutch MLA.

hesham

Reaction score
My dear Lark,

as I read from long time ago,this was a drawing-1068,but I think we can called it
Ontwerp 68,that's near to sense.

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
There's simply not enough information to identify the military Postjager as Ontwerp 68, or drawing-1068. The number 1068 might have been random, a fantasy number.

hesham

Reaction score
My dear Arjen,

I want only to check,and then tell you what is the truth.

hesham

Reaction score
From Ailes 29/9/1961,

here is a two airplanes designed by Societe Royale de Constructions et de Machines de l'Escaut,they created
a pusher biplane and a pusher flying boat,I never heard about them before,maybe a Projects ?, and they called
Mouette & Moineau.

Attachments

avion ancien

The accidental peasant!
Reaction score
Those are Theo Slot's pre-war De Schelde Scheldemusch (= Moineau in French) and Scheldemeeuw (= Mouette in French). As you'll note, they feature in an 'all our yesterdays' column in Les Ailes of 1961, the original piece having been published there twenty five years earlier. I don't know of SRCME but if it was a French company maybe it acquired or intended to acquire a licence for their production (as did Robert Doig's Aircraft Constructions Ltd. in the UK - q.v. http://sussexhistoryforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13748.0) - although I suspect that SRCME is simply a French translation of the name of the NV Koninklijke Maatschappij De Schelde, the manufacturer of the Scheldemusch and Scheldemeeuw.

Last edited:

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
This page is from the 29th September 1961 issue #1845 of Les Ailes. The article starts with Le 1er Octobre 1936, on lisait dans Les Ailes... - this translates to On the 1st of October 1936, one could read in Les Ailes... .
Societe Royale de Constructions et de Machines de l'Escaut is French for Koninklijke Maatschappij De Schelde. This company started life as a shipbuilding company, for a while also building aircraft. As avion ancien remarks, these are indeed Theo Slot's Scheldemusch and Scheldemeeuw, presented as a retrospective of something published 25 years earlier. Theo Slot was a Dutchman working for a Dutch company, so these drawings are in the wrong thread.