Colossal Guppy - B-52

Uurrggh...and people say the 747 LCF is ugly.

I have to wonder if adding another engines/pylon assembly to each wing would have been as easy as the blurb implies.

Cheers, Jon

Considering the extra engines appear to be added at the joint of what appears to be a new wing center section & original B-52 wing root, I doubt it would be a problem.

joncarrfarrelly said:
Uurrggh...and people say the 747 LCF is ugly.

I have to wonder if adding another engines/pylon assembly to each wing would have been as easy as the blurb implies.

Cheers, Jon

Structurally a similar modification, as the one from the An-124 to the -225, I think .

Re: Aero Spacelines Colossal Guppy B-52 project......

Dear Boys and Girls, here is an article in French describing the Aero Spacelines Colossal Guppy conversion of a Boeing B-52 bomber; it remained a "project"......

The article comes from the 15th July 1967 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

• Aero Spacelines Colossal Guppy project - Aviation Magazine International - No.jpg
    Aero Spacelines Colossal Guppy project - Aviation Magazine International - No.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 418
Scott wrote:
"Imagine the Daisy Cutters it could carry..."

Now sit down and "imagine" HOW you'd drop it since the entire front of the plane has to hinge-around to expose the cargo :)

Little nit-picky things like that just ruin a good idea :)

Randy

...We're getting closer and closer to seeing one of these:

thunderbird2.jpg

From Skrzydlata Polska, również z 1979 r.

Source:
http://lotnictwo.net.pl/3-tematy_ogolne/13-lotnictwo_cywilne/67925-futurystyczne_projekty_samolotow_pasazerskich-3.html

Attachments

• Transportowiec.jpg
    Transportowiec.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 213