Chinese WZ-9 Attack Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

STINGRAY

I FOUND A PICTURE ON A CHINESE WEBSITE OF A WZ-9 HELICOPTER SHARING SOME OF THE ORIGINAL SA.365 DAUPHIN AIRFRAME, BUT ALSO HAVING A TANDEM COCKPIT DESIGN, UNDER-NOSE GUN TURRET, AND A SMALLER CABIN. I WONDER IF THIS COULD BE A PROTOTYPE OR MOCKUP OF THE NEWEST WZ-10 ???. CAN ANYONE FIND MORE PICTURES AND INFORMATION ON THIS HELICOPTER? I REALLY APPRICIATE IT ;D.

A TANDEM SEAT OF DOUPHIN WILL BE VERY INTERESTING. COULD YOU SHOW ME THAT?

Re: CHINESE WZ-9 ATTACK HELICOPTER (CAPS LOCK NEEDED)

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY FOR THE SUBJECT, BUT I CANT RESIST :D ;D

BACK TO WZ-9: STINGRAY, CAN YOU PLEASE POST A PICTURE AND THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION? IT WILL HELP US IN THE RESEARCH. THANKS.

Isn't this subject a Photoshopped pic that's seen occasionally? AND WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS LOCK?

In internet fora and chats, words in capitals mean that you shout

I know that. Why is everyone shouting tho?

pometablava said:
In internet fora and chats, words in capitals mean than you shout

I know that. Why is everyone shouting tho?

ok, well everyone shouts because Stingray started the topic typing in capitals

Sorry about the capitals. Anyway, since I could not find the photographs or the website they are on, I found these pictures. After you look at the Cobra photo, look at the WZ-9 photo. Imagine the Cobra’s cockpit on the Z-9. That is exactly what the WZ-9 attack helicopter photo illustrated. Looks pretty strange doesn't it :eek: The gun turret was like the one on the Apache though.

Attachments

• AH-1 Super Cobra.jpg
    AH-1 Super Cobra.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 76
  • WZ-9.gif
    WZ-9.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 97

Its a bit difficult to comment on a picture you haven't seen.

There are armed Z-9 variants but I've not seen one with a tandem cockpit.

ISTR some apparently Photoshopped pics of something like a Tiger or Mangusta with a fenestron tail on it, reported as the WZ-10, maybe a year or so ago. I bet that's what Stingray saw.

I think he is referring to artist work that was about for a while that showed a "Tigre'esque" helicopter with a fenestron tail rotor. They were in circulation before photos of the WZ-10 surfaced.

Somewhere I think I have that drawing, maybe from Flight International magazine. His description also sounds a lot like the Japanese Kawasaki OH-1.

http://www.helis.com/Since80s/h_xoh1.php

I know what I saw, and the photo illustrated an attack helicopter with a Z-9/Dauphin airframe. I know my airframes very well. here are some pictures of the aircraft you all mentioned:

1: WZ-10 concept

2: Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja scematics

3: Dauphine/Z-9 scematics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now look at the Z-9 compared to the other aircraft. if you look carefully, you can see the differences :eek:. By the way, the picture I saw of the Z-9 was not a concept drawing. it was a photo.

Attachments

• wz10_pic3.jpg
    wz10_pic3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 147
  • japan.gif
    japan.gif
    14 KB · Views: 92
  • snias_dauphin2.gif
    snias_dauphin2.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 79
Well my friend, I have not seen anything of the sort. Why would they build a tandem WZ-9 (that is a lot of work), when they have what appears to be a very viable WZ-10 prgram?

The tandem WZ-9 is probably what started the WZ-10 program. It could have been a mockup.

I still think it was one of those Photoshopped photos of the "WZ-10" with the fenestron that used to float around the 'net.

Locked. I'm also pretty sure we're just talking about a photoshopped picture, not a real project.

Status
Not open for further replies.